Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Do I need to load all the plugins, so far i've loaded mpeg4, mp3, mpeg1, camera, aac, ac3. Do I need the others?

What is Matroska, ogg, musepak, amr, and ffmpeg for?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    RTFM or Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by jandrion
    Do I need to load all the plugins, so far i've loaded mpeg4, mp3, mpeg1, camera, aac, ac3. Do I need the others?

What is Matroska, ogg, musepak, amr, and ffmpeg for?
    Thanks
    Depends what you want to play?

Try it without any plug-ins, if memory is an issue, and then add and remove them one at a time until your video clip etc plays. You may find that you need 1 plug-in for the actual video and another for the sound.

I've got 5 installed which covers all the different types I play.

Hows that for a friendly answer
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Weird!
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    I'm using the latest version of TCMP (and used the previous version until last week)--I never got the video to stay paused in one place. Whenever I would come back to it, it would start from the beginning again.
    u have tmcp on your sd?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have a .mov file I'd like to play in TCPMP. I can get the video, but not the audio. I just dropped it in the quick install program to the SD card. Any help would be appreciated.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    You need to save the .mov with an audio codec TCPMP understands. Check their latest docs/plugins and then do an export (if you have QT Pro), set options to save sound in a supported format.
    I had to run PXA clocker, to overclock TCPMP in order to not drop frames. It works fine for me now, but it seems like most people didn't have a problem? Maybe my Treo 650 is slower than most.
    What quality are you files? I downsample mine so much I could probably render them in real time with a slide rule and some crayons.
    I had an episode of lost and an episode of family guy. Both of them had dropped frames. Quality makes a lot of sense.

fyi..
    the Family guy episode I have is AVI.DIVX
    MPEG4 DivX/XviD
    512x384 23.98fps

LibMad MPEG Audio
    48000Hz Stereo

After overclocking it plays fine. I like being able to take the files off the PC and run. I play the same file through my xbox on my TV. I'm digging this app.
    I finally got the audio to work. I just downloaded and installed all the plugins. One of them must have done the trick...now I wish I was more systematic and less impulsive so I could know which one it was...oh well, at least its working now!
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    I finally got the audio to work. I just downloaded and installed all the plugins. One of them must have done the trick...now I wish I was more systematic and less impulsive so I could know which one it was...oh well, at least its working now!
    it was probably the MP3 one.
    TCPMP 0.66 MPE4 video/AAC settings suggestions for Treo 600 anyone?
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    If you're looking for an app to convert DVDs into movies for your Treo, FairUse Wizard is and awesome (and FREE!!) solution. I just discovered the app, and converted my Napoleon Dynamite movie into a 240 MB file that is 320 x 232 resolution and 32kbps ogg audio compression. Looks and sounds great in TCPMP!

http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/index.html

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobh
    If you're looking for an app to convert DVDs into movies for your Treo, FairUse Wizard is and awesome (and FREE!!) solution. I just discovered the app, and converted my Napoleon Dynamite movie into a 240 MB file that is 320 x 232 resolution and 32kbps ogg audio compression. Looks and sounds great in TCPMP!

http://www.fairusewizard.com/lang_en/index.html

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    I've tried that one but still greatly prefer Nero Recode 2 with the AVC codec. Nothing else that I've found even comes close to the quality of the H.264 variable bitrate video encoding for quality and size.
    I've tried installing TCPMP, and I get this error message: "Error: Player: Audio codec (Qualcomm QCELP, CC00) not supported by the player!"

Help! What is the answer? I installed all 15 files to my Treo 650 using my Palm Desktop Install tool, and dragged all the files to the SD card for the hotsynch. I also get NO audio sound whatsoever, which is another problem.

By the way, what other program do I need for actually downloading a video to my Treo? I'm assuming I need some other program on my desktop computer that does the compression and/or transferring of video files to my Treo. Can someone recommend a good app for this please.

Thanks, Casey
    Hi Casey -

TCPMP does not support every audio codec that exists out there, but it does support a lot of them obviously, especially the most widely used. It may just be that the video file you are tyring to play simply uses an audio that is not (yet) supported.

For converting videos, DVDs, etc., there are several programs listed in this very thread such as Pocket Divx Encoder, Nero Recode 2, etc. - you can go back through the thread to see some others mentioned.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I've tried that one but still greatly prefer Nero Recode 2 with the AVC codec. Nothing else that I've found even comes close to the quality of the H.264 variable bitrate video encoding for quality and size.
    Nero Recode doesn't rip from copy protected DVDs though, right? What do you use for ripping?
    DVD Decrypter. It's free and works perfectly.