Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Are there sites that have .asf files for streaming purposes? I don't have a server option at home. Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    Are there sites that have .asf files for streaming purposes? I don't have a server option at home. Just curious.
    Yeah, there are plenty such sites out there. Unfortunately I can't even figure out how to input a URL into this thing! They even hyped up the http asf streaming at the developer's site, yet I don't see how to get it going.
    Ok, 2000 man, question for you. I'm kinda new to all this, so bear with me. I read someones expanation of the .avi being a "container". I started today, and have tried PDE and have Recode on the computer. I have an .avi that Adobe Premier recorded off my MiniDV camera and stored as a 262 meg, 1:05 video of my son's game winning hockey goal. PDE takes it, converts it, and it plays fine on my Treo with TCMPC. I try it in Recode, and I can't get it to process it unless it's in .VOB format unless I'm missing something. Is it worth getting it to that point to let Recode do it's thing? I have no idea how, but I'm sure there is somewhere. I could probably get Adobe to save it that way somehow if it's worth it. I've got a season's worth of games to whittle down to highlights, and am trying to find the best way.

Also, my camera shoots in 720x480. In PDE, what device keeps that res, or do I choose the next higher one and adjust it down, and to what to keep the aspect ratio?

Thanks for all your help!!
    I can Recode AVIs no problem. It sounds like you're not choosing the right option when starting Recode.

With TCPMP, you don't even need to re-encode the video unless you're looking to save space.
  5. jmt
    2000 Man,

I am having problems with the file size in Nero recode 2. Could you please explain the exact process you use to recode a DVD movie (every step)?

Thanks
  6. jmt
    I figured it out. Nero Recode 2 is the best. I can run directly from a DVD movie (decrypted) through Nero Recode 2 and see a full length, high quality movie in only 110 MB of space on my 120 MB S D card. Unbelievable!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    Yeah, there are plenty such sites out there. Unfortunately I can't even figure out how to input a URL into this thing! They even hyped up the http asf streaming at the developer's site, yet I don't see how to get it going.
    So the .asf streaming is only for the PPC version, which was released at the same time as the PalmOS version of .66. They included update notes for both in the same list, so I got excited and confused.

According to the developer forums, supposedly asf http streaming will be in the next PalmOS version, so maybe I wasn't *too* premature.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    Is .66 a huge enough improvement to mess with something that seems to be working without issue right now?

It's up to you to decide if the "PalmOS" updates listed are huge enough for you. Most all of the releases are pretty stable, so if you'd enjoy the .66 updates then it's worth a shot. All is working fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I can Recode AVIs no problem. It sounds like you're not choosing the right option when starting Recode.

With TCPMP, you don't even need to re-encode the video unless you're looking to save space.
    With Recode can AVI files be reduced in size to be played with TCPMP? If so whats the correct start up option to be used in Recode? Or is there another program I should use? Much Thanks!
    After furthur reading apparently PDE is the way to Go. Thanks anyway.
    How small do you guys make your files without it degrading the quality noticeably? I have 100 megs / hour and it looks good. I wonder how much more I can knock it down. 50? 25? Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    How small do you guys make your files without it degrading the quality noticeably? I have 100 megs / hour and it looks good. I wonder how much more I can knock it down. 50? 25? Any ideas?

I typically recompress mine to approx. 60 megs / hour. (192 kbs video; 24 bits/sec audio) - it looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man

Well, I do want to save space. I have a lot of clips I would like to carry on there, and don't want to have to carry around several cards. Also, whats the point of carrying a file that will show on 720x480 when my screen is only 320x320. Why not recode and save the space?

I've started Recode2, and all three options it gives will not give me .avi options. All of them have to do with DVD's, Recode entire DVD, Recode main movie, and Remake DVD. I choose the last, and add my avi file and cannot get the "next" button to not be greyed out. I'm stuck there.
    i agree with rigersmith, i'm confused in recode2 also. Any help would be appreciated!

Paul
    It sounds like you didn't pay for the digital license. Remember that you have to pay for Nero and for the digital license. There should be five options. The last two are the ones that deal with avi files. They are "recode dvds and videos to nero digital" and "recode main movie to nero digital". You'd want to select the fifth one.
    I ran AGK on a bunch of Snapstream recorded mpgs last night. I average 60-70 megs an hour. Allows me to keep a bunch of stuff on my phone for those downtimes where I just want to watch TV. Treos rocks. :-)
    Mine picks up where I left off. Did you pause it before you exitted?
    I pause it by using the center of the dpad.
    I just checked mine and it resumes even without pausing. What version of TCMP are you using?
    yeah, mines doesnt start automatically, but it will start where it left off.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast