Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    You didn't have to reset. You should have just searched and found out that hitting the power button turns off the feature.
    Tried every button and didn't get a response. What is that battery override supposed to do anyway? Also, I am just now dloading the latest version and I see there is still no plug in for 3pg files so we can't watch videos taken with the internal Treo 650 video camera program still right?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Well, I just updated to the latest version. After watching a bit of a film and then pausing it (by touching the screen), I tried to go straight into my 2Day screen and TCMP caused a soft reset. I keep TCMP on my SD card using Zlauncher. Anyone else have this problem?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I use zlauncher with tcpmp as wel, are you launching off the card or did you use the zlauncher shortcut deal where it copies the files over before running? I use the later without too much trouble.

Something you might want to check out is this new dbcache program, from my understanding it cleans up the cache of your treo after a program exits to keep things running smoother. It has really helped with both tcpmp and mmplayer for me.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    I use zlauncher with tcpmp as wel, are you launching off the card or did you use the zlauncher shortcut deal where it copies the files over before running? I use the later without too much trouble.

Something you might want to check out is this new dbcache program, from my understanding it cleans up the cache of your treo after a program exits to keep things running smoother. It has really helped with both tcpmp and mmplayer for me.
    I used Zlauncher to "move to card" and then I have TCPMP as a favorites key so while in 2Day I just hold down "T" and it loads it. When I stop the film and go to switch back to 2Day (which I hav programmed to come up with my calendar button) it causes a soft reset.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    You should be able to play .3gp audio files with the amr plugin; from the "install.htm" file:

tcpmp_amr_plugin.prc: GSM AMR audio, mostly used in .3gp files created with mobile phones.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I just loaded .65z. I read somewhere else it caused error msgs on Treos, but it didn't on my 600.

It's about 30% faster!

On earlier versions I'd benchmark around 103%

On the same file I'm now benchmarking around 135%

Wow!

(It's an .avi using xvid.)
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Do I have to uninstall and reinstall every file with each update or just the core player over the old one?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I always just install over. Haven't had a problem yet, and it saves my audio offset settings.
    I would just like to say.. WoW and thanks.
    I was moments away from buying MMPlayer and this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    I always just install over. Haven't had a problem yet, and it saves my audio offset settings.
    But do you install all the additional files for the file types or just the new core program each time? (I just tried and we'll see how it goes)

By the way, I still get an error when trying to play in TCPMP any video files I recorded with the built in Treo 650 video recorder. The error I get is:
    "Error: Player: Audio codec (Qualcomm QCELP, CC00) not supported by the player!"
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 07/01/2005 at 04:25 PM.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I think you have to install all the files you use each time. I'm pretty sure it checks version numbers on the plug-ins to make sure they're all from the same release.
    this app is incredible!!! as a new palm user this may be a dumb question but can you play windows media files(wmv) on the 650? i would assume it's an issue w/the codecs and that they aren't available for anything other than the windows platform so you can only play WMV on windows mobile devices? is that correct?

i have a home theater PC and after recording in MPG DVD quality it then squeezes them down to windows media format - roughly 2Gb/hour to 150Mb/hour. the quality is decent plus it lets me quickly transfer files to my laptop and have a lot of shows to watch when i travel. i may be able to convert them to divx rather than WMV so i could put them on my treo 650 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    I have the "amr" plug -in installed but still can't get sound from videos shot by my Treo. Ayone else still having this problem? Any solutions out there?
    Same problem here. No one has really answered when I've asked for a fix.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  15.    #95  
    I've just tried watching two foreign movies with subtitles. While I could make them out, they weren't very clear and were hard to read.

Is there any fix for this? Anyone tried watching subtitled movies with this player?
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif
    I've just tried watching two foreign movies with subtitles. While I could make them out, they weren't very clear and were hard to read.

Is there any fix for this? Anyone tried watching subtitled movies with this player?
    no real fix, at least with palm dvd. it basically takes what is on the screen.

i mistakingly "ripped" donnie darko with the sub titles on, and was able to read them.

i use 320 x xxx, but maybe if you use 160 x 160, you can better make out the words?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    You can play WMVs on your Treo 650 - just drag them to the SD card in QuickInstall, then synch and play them back in the Media application.
    Quote Originally Posted by WPWoodJr
    You can play WMVs on your Treo 650 - just drag them to the SD card in QuickInstall, then synch and play them back in the Media application.
    Okay cool. I didn't know that. Thanks!

I noticed though that it starts a plugin which then converts it from WMV to ASF. I wish it wouldn't have to do that. For a 200MB file it takes forever on a decent spec'd machine that I have. Would be very cool if TCMP played WMV's natively...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Video support the best kept secret of the Treo 650!
    TCPMP version .66 has a whole slew of new features and tweaks:

+plugins only loaded when needed
    +amr nb/wb audio decoder
    +mp3 xing/vbri vbr info reader
    +Zodiac plugin using ATI Imageon hardware video decoding and 2D acceleration
    +AAC plugin memory and speed optimizing (and fixing 5.1 channel support)
    +ffmpeg plugin (video only)
    +icecast support
    +asf http streaming
    +ogg/ogm native player buffering (saves dynamic memory)
    +tremor vorbis decoder with high-accuracy (default with WinCE)
    +merged .mpg file support (timestamps restart inside media)
    +PalmOS: shortcuts and preferences in main menu, key navigation (Thanks to Dan Walkowski)
    +PalmOS: support for ROM storage (example with JackFlash)
    +PalmOS: left/right direction buttons skip songs and seek when holding down for longer
    +PalmOS: form savebehind disabled (saves dynamic memory)
    +PalmOS: T|T T|2 memory tweak
    +PalmOS: white borderless fullscreen and tripple buffering tweak on some devices
    +PalmOS: battery manager override tweak
    +PalmOS: WMMX optimized motion compensation code added
    +PalmOS: sysAppLaunchCmdOpenDB & sysAppLaunchCmdCustomBase launchcodes for launching media files
    +'fill screen' zoom option
    -zero & duplicated chunk avi handling (fixes a/v sync with some tv records)
    -non interleaved avi handling
    -Treo650: keyboard backlight light fix
    -PalmOS: frame dropping bugfix
    -.mov and .asf file reader fixes
    -PalmOS: alarm suppressing fix
    -avi seeking fix
    -PalmOS: plugin relocation not making databases 'dirty'
    -PalmOS: low memory situation fixes
    -many minor bugfixes

I've gotta try that .asf streaming!!!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast