Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I've finally gotten a single step solution for dumping a copy protected DVD to a Treo 600. I'm guessing the quality is not as good as 2000 Man is looking for, but for both Recoder and PDE you need to unlock the DVD first (I think).

I had a copy of #1 DVD Ripper laying around. I stopped using it quite a while ago because I couldn't get it to create a file mmplayer would play. (frame rate was too high).

But I just ripped Lord of the rings... put in the DVD... ran #1 DVD ripper... pressed go... and out came an avi (Xvid) for each chapter (about 300Mb for 3 hrs). Dumped it on the Treo 600, started TCPMP, and out came the movie.

Looks ok. No voice sync problems. FPS 24, and just a couple of missed frames on the playback.

Again, I'm sure a mutil step process with better tools would give you a better quality result, but I don't have the hard drive space or the patience.

#1 DVD Ripper isn't free, but if you're interested, it's at: http://www.dvdtox.com/
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I'll have to give #1 DVD Ripper a try.

The 2-step but 100% free process I'm using is first ripping/decrypting with DVD Decrypter, then step 2 is to encode the .vob files of the DVD with Pocket Divx Encoder.

Pretty easy and efficient during both steps. Like your solution, santa, I'm sure better quality can be obtained with more steps, different programs, etc., but what I'm doing now is quick and outputs good video files for play on my 600 (and oh yeah, free ).
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    This thread should be merged. TCPMP and Betaplayer for Palm OS are the same thing.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81130
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    This thread should be merged. TCPMP and Betaplayer for Palm OS are the same thing.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81130
    Another redundant thread is at: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=81537
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    anyone got a copy of this they can send me? the site for it is under construction and times out!
    Will someone please let me know how to download the video player to my treo600.
    Thx, Stan
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    anyone got a copy of this they can send me? the site for it is under construction and times out!
    http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/
    Hi guys,

this is really cool player... but tell me, how to shrink original divx movie files from my desktop comp (it use to have around 700MB) and I probably need to resample it to smaller file (for I have 512MB SD card on my Treo650) with 320x240(?) pixels. But I run on MAC, so what app is the best for this purpose?

Thanx.
    For the world is changing: I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, and I smell it in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbar
    Hi guys,

this is really cool player... but tell me, how to shrink original divx movie files from my desktop comp (it use to have around 700MB) and I probably need to resample it to smaller file (for I have 512MB SD card on my Treo650) with 320x240(?) pixels. But I run on MAC, so what app is the best for this purpose?

Thanx.
    Search.
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbar
    Hi guys,

Thanx.

Sorry, I dunno about the mac, but on windoze there is a free util called pocketdivx encoder that can do this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    For Mac OS X, here's what I suggest: Grab mencoder cvs, xViD cvs(1), and x264 svn, and compile(2). Then, encode the .VOB into h.264 using:

mencoder -srate 22050 -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp3:abitrate=32 -ovc x264 -x264encopts bitrate=64 -vf scale=160:160 ORIG.vob -o OUT.avi

... and play that gorgeous h.264 video using TCPMP.

(1) iirc, you have to run ranlib on the resulting xViD library.

(2) Here are a few tips on compiling mencoder on Mac OS X:
    unsetenv CFLAGS
    unsetenv CXXFLAGS
    unsetenv CPPFLAGS
    remove -rdynamic from config.mak
    rename dct64 to dct64___ in mp3lib/dct64.c

Thanks,
    Peter
    Am I wrong in my finding that the TCMP doesn't support sound on the files that are recorded with the Treo's internal videocam function? That's what I found.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Am I wrong in my finding that the TCMP doesn't support sound on the files that are recorded with the Treo's internal videocam function? That's what I found.
    I know this is true with 0.63. I assume that with the new version, there is a separate file that would handle .3pg files. I would think that the tcpmp_amr_plugin.prc (GSM AMR audio, mostly used in .3gp files created with mobile phones) file should fix this.

Can someone comfirm this? Is there any benefit in upgrading to the newer version of TCPMP? I stuck with 0.63 because it works and it is a single file (which works better when moving to and from the SD card). What am I missing by sticking with the older version?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I have no trouble moving multi-file versions of TCPMP onto the memory card. You should upgrade godschoice because it's a better program now.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    I have no trouble moving multi-file versions of TCPMP onto the memory card. You should upgrade godschoice because it's a better program now.
    what is the latest version?

I have .65.

Funny: if you go to tcpmp about dialog, it tells you what device you have. I have a HandSpring Treo 650.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    0.65y3 is the latest
    You can get the latest test versions here: http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/

Thanks,
    Peter
    I also just noticed this option for "battery manager override" and when I touched it it disabled all of my key controls entirely so I had to reset.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    I also just noticed this option for "battery manager override" and when I touched it it disabled all of my key controls entirely so I had to reset.
    You didn't have to reset. You should have just searched and found out that hitting the power button turns off the feature.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast