Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 222
  1. #21  
    I am unable to get to the website on my laptop.
  2. #22  
    Kinoma Player & Producer are the best. Yes, steep at $50 but what you're really playing for is the producer which knocks just about any file type down in size and to either QuickTime or Mpeg 4. Very flexible and worth the money. The player keeps the place in the video file where you left it.

    I really don't often recommend expensive apps for the Treo as they can add up fast! But Kinoma Producer and Player are well worth it.
  3. hsk
    hsk is offline
    hsk's Avatar
    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    #23  
    I'm just curious, why would you want to watch movies or video clips on your Treo? Wouldn't it be better to wait until you get home so you can see them on a big(ger) screen?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Kinoma Player & Producer are the best. Yes, steep at $50 but what you're really playing for is the producer which knocks just about any file type down in size and to either QuickTime or Mpeg 4. Very flexible and worth the money. The player keeps the place in the video file where you left it.

    I really don't often recommend expensive apps for the Treo as they can add up fast! But Kinoma Producer and Player are well worth it.
    I don't like Producer, but if it works for you, keep using it. I think that Recode 2 does a much better job of encoding. You have much more control over the final product and Nero's codecs are currently the best available.
  5. #25  
    I have a 3 hr bus ride roundtrip everyday to work, so watching a couple of hours and listening to mp3s sure can make my rides so much more pleasant.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    I'm just curious, why would you want to watch movies or video clips on your Treo? Wouldn't it be better to wait until you get home so you can see them on a big(ger) screen?
  6. #26  
    i have both kinoma producer and recode 2.. and i agree its much better to use.. but this player overall is pretty good compared to kinoma.. however i did notice that audio is like .001 second late in sync with the video (not that big of deal tho), but i like how you can make it even louder.. kinoma needs that.. some movies i convert with recode come out low so i can barely hear the audio.. if kinoma had a preamp setting then i'd stick to kinoma 100% until then, my low volumed movies will be played in this new player
  7. #27  
    I like the brightness control in TCPMP. I wish that Kinoma had that. I use Etymotics, so I never have a volume problem with mine.
  8. #28  
    PocketDivXEncoder (GPL) does a fantastic job of encoding with the XVid encoder. Along with TCPMP, the results are high quality and fast - even on a T600!

    The only other player product I've used was MMplayer, it was slow and crashed on my unit.
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
  9. #29  
    I agree that xvid w/pocket divx encoder is the way to go. all u need is to decrypt the dvd. PDE gives u ability to finely control encode settings, 2pass, & even an tool to ensure aud/vis synch that has never failed. .. I've done all the other encode methods & believe PDE is the best... but some r to stubborn to try something new that will actually give more options w/easier to encode UI... (bump to my good friend tekara).
    if u haven't tried PDE..u r missing out..& its FREE!
    john
  10. #30  
    Thanks John, I'll check it out. I got CyberLink PowerDirector 3 with my PC (licensed with ASUS mobo and gfx card), coupled with DivX 5 and XVid it makes a better encoder (thanks PocketDivXEncoder) for normal PC based viewing.

    Unfortunately it's not so good for Palm because it's unable to keep the aspect ratio of widescreen video - so 160x120 vids become vertically stretched.

    -S
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
  11. emy_77's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #31  
    the core pocket media player (tcpmp) is the best player ever!! I can finally watch fast-paced music videos now. I was unable to do it using mmplayer. It was very choppy with mmplayer. Now, with tcpmp it's so smooth.

    wohoo!! I can watch britney's do something on my treo now
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    I agree that xvid w/pocket divx encoder is the way to go. all u need is to decrypt the dvd. PDE gives u ability to finely control encode settings, 2pass, & even an tool to ensure aud/vis synch that has never failed. .. I've done all the other encode methods & believe PDE is the best... but some r to stubborn to try something new that will actually give more options w/easier to encode UI... (bump to my good friend tekara).
    if u haven't tried PDE..u r missing out..& its FREE!
    john
    I disagree. I've tried a lot more encoders than you seem to have and I think that pqdvd gives better results than pocketdivx and also has many more options. Pocketdivx does a terrible job with widescreen aspect ratios.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I disagree. I've tried a lot more encoders than you seem to have and I think that pqdvd gives better results than pocketdivx and also has many more options. Pocketdivx does a terrible job with widescreen aspect ratios.
    I've had some trouble with pocketdivx on occasion. Whist it does have a "preserve aspect ratio" tick box, it doesn't always work. For the Palm600, widescreen is 160x92, so I can set that manually.

    In honesty, I've only tried two encoders, including pocketdivx... and have only encoded a handfull of vids so far.

    -S
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
  14. #34  
    I got the same thing with pocketdivx not keeping the correct aspect ratio and having to enter it manually. It's different for every movie, so it's a pain. pqdvd did a much better job of that and is also easier to set the start and ending points so that you're not wasting space with credits. Recode 2 is even easier and uses an even better codec.
  15. #35  
    let's make sure we r talking about the same program...
    pocketdivx.. & pocket divx encoder is not the same program.
    PDE was written by a ppc developer & is not affiliated w/pocket divx/dvd
  16. #36  
    btw.. this is the url for pocketdivxencoder:
    http://divx.ppccool.com/

    Enjoy....
  17. #37  
    Sorry about the confusion. I was just being lazy when I meant to be typing pocketdivx encoder. I was using the 3.50 version.
  18. #38  
    u got to b kidding..but to each his own...
    I use xvid w/PDE... what could b better than that?
    PDE has a great UI & a/v synch correction has never failed. I have always had awesome encodes w/it. btw there is an experimental vers of PDE out too. this is the best free encoder I have found.... IMO
  19. #39  
    btw.. I'd your run dvd4free in background (dvd43.com) u can decrypt live for ripping the dvd.
  20. #40  
    You claim that PDE with xvid is the best but haven't tried anything else? Try Recode 2 then get back to me. Not even close. Looks better, sounds better, smaller filesize and much faster encoding.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions