Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Since it will play any MPEG-1 (i.e. ".mpg") or MPEG-4 AVI (DivX/XVid ".avi"), surely you must have at least one clip something suitable lying around? Movie trailers? DVD rips? Adult material?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    It's now 0.66j

version 0.66j:
    -language CS updated by Triple T
    -WinCE: codepage handling fixes
    -WinCE: stereo mode (swapped,join,left,right) fix
    -PalmOS: Treo650 exit crash fixed (Treo650 screen blanking feature removed)
    Actually, 0.66j2 is the latest.
    I have got the TCPMP running and working with some windows media files. As a novice I am interested in primarily watch video on my Treo. I am not looking for perfection and would not rather tinker too much. Could someone recommend one of the following that converts to the Palm

Pocket DVD Wizard Palm Edition
    Pocket-DVD Studio for Palm 3.5
    PocketDVD 2.0
    or others I may have missed

There seems to also be a range of prices on these as well.

And yes I printed all the posts from this thread and read them before posting.

Thanks,

Marv
    I use DVD Decoder to rip the DVD to my hard drive and then Nero to convert it to mp4. The quality is excellent and plays great in TCPMP. I have a 1 gb sd card and I've had as many as 3 movies on it.
    Hi guys

i'm a newbie in posting on here.

But i do look for answers to my problems on my treo 650 in these forums regularly and found it to be a saviour

I have just downloaded the TCPMP but i have a problem in that although the program recognises and plays my downloaded MP3's i have no sound what so ever. The same is with the RealPlayer that came with my Treo.

I have tried pretty much everything I was hoping you guys maybe able to help.

Thanks is advance
    Is the volume button switched to on?

What is the system volume set to?
    I have been trying to find a working link to PocketDivXEncoder and the link at http://divx.ppccool.com doesn't do anything. I also tried to use the commercial version called Lathe but after paying for that the link to download did not work either.

If anyone has the .exe for PocketDivXEncoder could you email it to wolfsons@easystreet.com. Getting the software shouldn't be the hardest part.

Thanks

Marv
    what's new with the "j" release? i'm still running 0.65 fine. Also, why is your link different from this one? I've been grabbing my betas from here: http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=5...se_id=122#r122

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFan2003
    what's new with the "j" release? i'm still running 0.65 fine.
    That's a very odd thing to say! Obviously if you're happy with 0.65 then you don't have to upgrade (and it's not going to magically stop working just because a new version is released - beta or not), but if you look at the change history for the 0.66 release (bottom of page) and also the change history for the subsequent betas you may find that improvements have been made which would be of benefit to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFan2003
    Also, why is your link different from this one? I've been grabbing my betas from here: http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=5...se_id=122#r122
    That's not the beta page, that's the normal release page. 0.66 was the first release considered stable, and all releases prior to that were marked "UNSTABLE". This is the beta release page, with beta subversions (e.g. j2) being posted in the TCPMP forums and not on this page.

Does that explain things?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusT
    That's a very odd thing to say! Obviously if you're happy with 0.65 then you don't have to upgrade
    Does that explain things?
    You tell him

Actually Windows 3.11 worked well so why should I upgrade.
    OK there is a mega difference from that to XP.

So the quick answer is that 0.66 works 100% OK, and these further variations are just trying a few different features, but they are not great leaps forward.

It sounds like 0.66j is safe, so give it a go and you will be up to date
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    So the quick answer is that 0.66 works 100% OK, and these further variations are just trying a few different features, but they are not great leaps forward.

It sounds like 0.66j is safe, so give it a go and you will be up to date
    Yes, 0.66j is stable on my Treo 650 (the previous 3 or so betas weren't), and to find out what's changed, check the changelists I linked to above.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marvw
    I have got the TCPMP running and working with some windows media files. As a novice I am interested in primarily watch video on my Treo. I am not looking for perfection and would not rather tinker too much. Could someone recommend one of the following that converts to the Palm

Pocket DVD Wizard Palm Edition
    Pocket-DVD Studio for Palm 3.5
    PocketDVD 2.0
    or others I may have missed

There seems to also be a range of prices on these as well.

Marv
    Marv, I've found FairUse Wizard works great, and it's free! The conversion works flawlessly and the movies look great on the T650 using TCPMP. I use the instructions posted at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91697 .

Jon
    Nero Recode 2 still produces the best results for me. The H.264 (AVC) codec is amazing.
    I've got the video files set up and running on the TCPMP. I would like to use my good noise cancelling headphones and I know you need an adapter to go the the Treo to the headphones. Is this something you can get at Radio Shack. Part #? Also is there any trick in getting the volume higher on the videos. I am using Pocket DVD Studio and I have the volume setting at 100%. If their a better configuration using PDE but I believe I need some software to read from the DVD?

Thanks

Marv
    Adjust the preamp setting in TCPMP for more volume.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marvw
    ... I know you need an adapter to go the the Treo to the headphones. Is this something you can get at Radio Shack. Part #?
    Use the adapter from Palm. I bought the Radio Shack adapter and it doesn't work very well with the 650. Search other posts about it -- problem is that it doesn't fit well because of the Treo's curved bottom. The Palm adapter that's made specifically for the 600/650 works much better. You can get it here on TreoCentral -- just do an accessory search for "headphone adapter".
    I am using DVD Decrypter to transfer movies to my Treo for personal viewing. What output file setting do you use to have the file read by PDE to format it for my Treo.

Thanks

Marv
    I have tcpmp. I can get avis and mpgs to play just fine. But I want to use asf files since they are smaller in size. But when I convert them to asf using the Palm Install tool, TCPMP won't play the file. No error message is displayed, but htere is no sound or video (the play timer runs though).

Can tcpmp play asfs? I don't see a plugin for asfs.
    2000 Man, or anyone for that matter

Could you post a direct link to download Recode 2 ? I have chasing my tail around trying to find all these apps flying around. Is there a really good site where I can easily find all the apps I want and need??

Thanks
    Charles
    (sorry I'm only just getting used to the Treo)
    www.nero.com Follow the links to download
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast