Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 93
  1.    #1  
    I was flying home on a Delta flight from Cincinnati to Denver last week (after being stranded in Cincinnati because of the Denver blizzard). While flying over the middle of America, I noticed that my Treo (and my iPod Photo) were no longer in the seat pocket where I'd put them prior to departure. The guy in the next seat says that the flight attendant took them.

    I speak to the flight attendant, she says she saw them (when I was in the lavatory prior to take off) and thought they had been left by a passenger on the previous flight leg so she romoved them and turned them over to the gate agent in Cincinnati before we left. "No problem," says she, "We'll just call the gate agent when we arrive in Denver and have them send your items to Denver on the very next plane out!"

    We land, the gate agent in Denver says, "I have no idea how to call a gate in Cincinnati. You've got to go to the Delta baggage claims office." I wait on line for an hour there (because of all the baggage mix-ups from the previous day's blizzard) and when I get to an agent they say they have no way of tracking down my stuff and give me an 800 number to call. After numerous calls, the only thing I find I can do is leave a voicemail message at the Delta Cincinnati Lost and Found describing my "lost" items. They say (in their message), "If you don't hear from us, it means your item hasn't been found."

    So now it's nearly a week later and I have yet to hear from Delta. I've spoken to a couple of customer service people (by calling Delta's local Atlanta office number) who have all said that this is a very sad story but there is nothing they can do.

    So I've sent them a bill for the replacement costs of the Treo and the iPod. We'll see if they respond in any way. To add insult to injury, when I purchased my Sprint Treo, they gave me a $100 discount for being a loyal customer (I think that means having my old Sprint phone for over 2 years.) When I replaced it yesterday, they charged me full price. I told them I'd take just the phone (since I still have all the software and accessories) but they said there was no way I could pay less than the $599.99.

    That's my story.

    Sandy
  2. #2  
    Wow, that's horrible . Sorry to hear. I often do the same thing when I fly, but I'll be more careful now.
  3. #3  
    Geez, useless. You would think they have some system for lost and found items. Sorry to hear that man, I feel for you. If that happened to me I would be
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  4. DocGo's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    #4  
    Sad, sad story. Note to self...got to be VERY careful to keep my gadgets with me at all times while I travel.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  5. #5  
    You should complain to Delta's customer service on this issue. Delta flight attendants and other airplane personnel are not allowed to remove any personal items from a plane once passengers begin boarding. This is a fact. This is also why flight boarding is sometimes delayed because a plane is thoriughly searched before anyone else boards. If an arriving flight is somewhat delayed that you are departing on, no one can board until the plane is cleaned "and" searched.

    If this attendant removed your items, it is totally against Delta policy and possibly FAA policy.

    If you have the attendant's name (hopefully), call Delta customer service and advise them what happened and ask for a reimbursement provided you have receipts for your new replacement items. You did not mention it, but if you can provide any coroborating statement(s) from another passenger it will reinforce your claim against Delta.
  6. Silver5's Avatar
    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #6  
    Wow...after they check my ticket to make sure I "belong" in my seat, and having to wait for the "random" search to conclude, I'd be pissed. Do what you can to get them to reimburse you for those items. Hell, what if she just took your entire carry-on and removed it from the plane?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    Sad, sad story. Note to self...got to be VERY careful to keep my gadgets with me at all times while I travel.
    Exactly. Depending on the which iPod we're talking about, that's like leaving over $1,000 on your seat.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #8  
    I'd be VERY pissed. Hell, I'm pissed for you! "Nothing they can do" is not an accecptable response.

    They admitted removing your device, they were in control of the device and now they can't get it back to you. They are responsible for removing your device from your seat.

    I would keep it on my person in the future though!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    You should complain to Delta's customer service on this issue. Delta flight attendants and other airplane personnel are not allowed to remove any personal items from a plane once passengers begin boarding. This is a fact. This is also why flight boarding is sometimes delayed because a plane is thoriughly searched before anyone else boards. If an arriving flight is somewhat delayed that you are departing on, no one can board until the plane is cleaned "and" searched.

    If this attendant removed your items, it is totally against Delta policy and possibly FAA policy.

    If you have the attendant's name (hopefully), call Delta customer service and advise them what happened and ask for a reimbursement provided you have receipts for your new replacement items. You did not mention it, but if you can provide any coroborating statement(s) from another passenger it will reinforce your claim against Delta.

    got to agree with that.....
  10. #10  
    Wow. If you have "lawyer friends" I'd have them draft up a letter on your behalf. Gurantee there'll be "something" Delta can do then. It's cheaper for them to just give you your money at that point.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  11. #11  
    You could try going here for advice on dealing with Delta.

    If you have the name / contact details of the person who sat beside you and the name of the flight attendant that should help, but even without that info you can build a strong case. It's probably most effective to contact Delta's corporate customer service with your complaint; if after repeated attempts you don't get joy, you could talk to the press (WSJ, etc) as a way of pressuring Delta to resolve the issue.

    good luck!
  12. #12  
    Have you tried calling your phone?
  13. #13  
    Since you are with Sprint I'm guessing you did not buy the insurance? This story shows why it can be worth the $5 a month.

    I guess Sprint's customer service can always say "hey at least we are not as bad as the airlines" . And Delta... Being in GA I'm pretty ticked that our state legislators just gave them new tax breaks to try and save that dead horse!

    Let the market run its course so a better airline can take their place!

    And airline handlers are not the most "trustworthy" people. Not to say they are all bad, but every computer I own stays in my sight at all times cause there are just too many of them that are bad.

    Soon as you said it was taken into their hands, I could have written the rest of your story for you... But I hope you get it all back. Sometimes there are happy endings.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    Have you tried calling your phone?
    Unless E.T. has it, that probably won't bring it home.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #15  
    that's an awful story. i hope you take heed to the advice presented by the other users in this thread and that we can get a hopeful update from you soon! i really hope you get your treo and ipod back!
  16. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #16  
    google the CEO of Delta and call his office. I usually give the regular CS channels a week or so to fix things, and then head to the CEO - 9 out of 10 times, this does the trick. I usually just explain the situation and make it clear that for the $1000 in lost articles, the next step would be talking to legal counsel....

    If the flight attendant removed you articles, they then took responsibility for them and if they can't find them, they should replace them.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Exactly. Depending on the which iPod we're talking about, that's like leaving over $1,000 on your seat.

    That comment hit pretty close to home! Couple of weeks ago in O'Hare, left my 3g Ipod and the Bose Quiet Comfort II headphones in a restaurant. Came back 5 minutes later and they were gone, and no one saw anything. Maybe not $1,000, but closer to $800 down the drain. Came back through the next day and a worker told me an airline "supervisor" picked it up. OF course, lost and found never received it. I'm guessing these airline employees have pretty good toys and gadgets.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Since you are with Sprint I'm guessing you did not buy the insurance? This story shows why it can be worth the $5 a month.

    I guess Sprint's customer service can always say "hey at least we are not as bad as the airlines" . And Delta... Being in GA I'm pretty ticked that our state legislators just gave them new tax breaks to try and save that dead horse!

    Let the market run its course so a better airline can take their place!

    And airline handlers are not the most "trustworthy" people. Not to say they are all bad, but every computer I own stays in my sight at all times cause there are just too many of them that are bad.

    Soon as you said it was taken into their hands, I could have written the rest of your story for you... But I hope you get it all back. Sometimes there are happy endings.
    I'm with you, his stuff was stolen! They can't find them because an employee took them home, I bet! Just like my friend's $7000 camera "disappeared" out of American's baggage claim! I don't trust airline employees either.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    That comment hit pretty close to home! Couple of weeks ago in O'Hare, left my 3g Ipod and the Bose Quiet Comfort II headphones in a restaurant. Came back 5 minutes later and they were gone, and no one saw anything. Maybe not $1,000, but closer to $800 down the drain. Came back through the next day and a worker told me an airline "supervisor" picked it up. OF course, lost and found never received it. I'm guessing these airline employees have pretty good toys and gadgets.
    O'hare has a very high theft rate. That's where my friend's camera was stolen.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  20. hsk
    hsk is offline
    hsk's Avatar
    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I'm with you, his stuff was stolen! They can't find them because an employee took them home, I bet! Just like my friend's $7000 camera "disappeared" out of American's baggage claim! I don't trust airline employees either.
    Your Ipod is likely toast, but the phone may be OK if nobody else can use it. I left a cellphone on a plane once but got it back, it was a pcs and nobody else could use it once I reported it lost. My sister in Sweden said if you find a cellphone there anyone can use it, just replace the SIM with yours. My Treo is GSM, and she's right, anyone else can use it if they put their SIM card in, I've tried it with friends. I'm not sure if Sprint is GSM, but if you don't get yours back, it's likely what happened.

    I agree with the other posters, raise hell and maybe you can get compensated, the flight attendant had no business taking stuff out of your seat pocket while you were in the washroom.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions