Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    FedEx arrived today.

It contained:
    One Treo 650 that was. . . mine!

One iPod that was. . . someone else's!

My "stolen" iPod was a 60 gig iPod Photo. The one they sent was a cute little silver iPod mini. My ten year old son is looking longingly at it but I'm going to try and see if I (and the agent at the Cincinnati lost and found, whose name and phone number I've got) can figure out who this belongs to. We'll also ask him to check the bin again for my iPod.

Nothing heard from Delta Customer Care yet. I found I do have an "in" with the upper echilons at Delta. I know an exec at the Washington lobbying firm that represents Delta.

The saga continues.

Sandy
    Well I guess the thief did not find value in a device that Sprint could trace back to them.

Hopefully your iPod will turn up OR Delta owes you for it! And since both your Treo and iPod were taken at the same time by a Delta employee and the Treo has turned up, this only gives your case more support in regards to their responsibility for all this. It would be very hard for them to plead ignorance now.
  3.    #83  
    One addition, the 1 Gig SD card that was in the phone is gone.

Sandy
    Quote Originally Posted by ssandhaus
    One addition, the 1 Gig SD card that was in the phone is gone.

Sandy
    What about the three One-hundred dollar bills that you always tucked behind the Treo in the case for "in case of emergency" money?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    What about the three One-hundred dollar bills that you always tucked behind the Treo in the case for "in case of emergency" money?
    I've found that a single c-note is all that's needed to cut down on the play in the back of the case.

Sandy
  6.    #86  
    Cincinnati Lost and Found returned my call today. They said that they found another iPod in "the bin" and asked how they might identify it. I told them to how to turn it on, click on Photos, and I predicted what the first folder name would be. Lo and behold, 1) the iPod battery was not dead, and 2) it was my iPod. It is on its way to me and this time, they're picking up the FedEx charge.

I asked if they could search their "database" to find out if anyone had reported a lost silver iPod mini or any other iPod that might have a description that could match the one they sent me. They said they could not find anything even close.

So I wrote an email to Apple registration and told them I'd found a silver mini with the following serial number. . . I told them if it had been registered, they had my permission to send the owner my email address with a note that I would be pleased to get it to him or her.

By the way, no SD memory card anywhere in the Cincinnati lost and found. Since everything has been returned and with appropriate battery power still in place, I believe neither item was used or abused and the lost memory card is just 'one of those things.'

I guess my next step is to try to recoup some money by selling these items on eBay if I can't return the new ones to the stores I purchased them from.

Sandy
    Thank goodness everything seems to be turning out OK afterall!

You can for sure sell the replacement iPod you bought, everyone wants one of those! The Sprint phone, try taking it back first. Although since it's nearly brand new, if the ESN is cleared by Sprint for usage, it should sell too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    ssandhaus - Consider yourself one of the "lucky ones" .

All they got away with was your SD card. To go with whatever else they've stolen...
  9.    #89  
    First, I received an email the other day from a person who says that Apple had contacted them to say that I had found his/her iPod Mini. I put the Mini in the mail to the rightful owner today.

Second, my own iPod arrived from the Delta Cincinnati lost and found. It's just fine.

The bad news. I still have heard nothing from Delta in response to my letter, so I now have two iPods and two Treo 650s.

Looks like I'm off to eBay with them, unless someone here wants to make an offer.

Sandy
    Post or PM to me the details of each....I'll make you an offer.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    ssandhaus...GREAT news! Thanks for keeping us posted!

It's so nice that anonymous people can use common interests to still "feel" for others. Ugh, I'm so cynical...:-(
  12.    #92  
    I'm selling my original Treo 650 and iPod on eBay beginning this evening. I'll post the item #s once they are available.

Sandy
  13.    #93  
    They were sold before I could put them up on eBay. Thanks for all the support here. If I ever hear anything from Delta, I'll let you know.

Sandy
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345