Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Actually, I do wonder why the guy next to him didn't speak up and say they belonged to someone. It might have made a difference, you never know. He's not responsible, but it is a little bothersome.

But I agree, quit kicking the guy who lost his things when he's down! Because I know you've all left yourself vulnerable at one time or another(it does happen ALL the time) and that's NO excuse for someone to take advantage! He is not responsible for the immoral actions of others!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Have you tried getting sprint to triangulate your phone. Or even calling your phone to see who picks up? just a thought.
    Sprint is not CS-friendly toward lost phones. I've posted this before, but I found a Sprint phone and called CS to try to reunite with owner, I thought they would trace the ESN to get the owner and contact. All they said was "what do you expect us to do about it"!! I had to wait for the guy's son to call so I could relay the message that I found his phone. When I returned the phone to the guy, he mentioned Sprint had tried to pressure him to deactivate his number and just buy a new phone. I don't know why he would need to get a new number, unless they meant they'd turn it on with the other phone, but I got the impression it was just get a new number outright. Don't ever lose a Sprint phone if you can help it!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Have you tried getting sprint to triangulate your phone. Or even calling your phone to see who picks up? just a thought.
    Did you read ANY of the replies to the thread?

SS- I feel for ya. I'm so paranoid about my phone, if I could, I'd attach it to my wrist. But the best I can do is Headphones (the kind that go around the back of your head) and a front shirt pocket. At work, I've got a pocket in my pants that is just above the back of my knee, and a little on the outside, and I can run all day with it in the pocket, and it never falls out (when I have the leather case on.)

So, lesson learned.... Treat your Treo like it's more important than your hands! (cause sometimes it is!)
    I pay $5 a month so I never have to post a thread like this.
    ssandhaus...any updates? I hope it's moving forward for you! :-)
  7.    #67  
    Here is the latest update.

First, I have purchased replacements for both the phone and iPod. Re-syncing both was painless and successful (first I did the 1.8 ROM update on the Treo).

I've never heard back from Delta Customer Care BUT yesterday morning (Sunday, April 25) while I'm out of town, my wife receives a call from the Delta Lost and Found in Cincinnati. The guy says "I think we have your phone here." My wife asks if it's a Treo 650. He says, "I don't know, it's just a phone." She asks if the iPod was found, too. He asks what an iPod looks like. She describes it. He says, "Yeah, I think we've got that, too." He then says that we have to pay for the FedEx to have it overnighted to us. She didn't think that arguing would be a good option at this point, so she gave him our credit card info.

So, hopefully, by tomorrow I'll let you know what arrives in the mail (or I'll let you know that our credit card info was stolen).

So, let's suppose that what arrives is my Treo and my iPod. I now have spent about $1,300 to replace these. Should Delta still be responsible for reimbursement? Should I just sell these on eBay, chalk it up to experience, and count myself lucky?

Sandy

PS: I bought the replacement insurance on the new phone.
    Last edited by ssandhaus; 04/25/2005 at 11:35 AM.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by r1ngx
    I find it amazing that people cannot eat or **** outside of a plane. They must be on the plane to do either... On a 4 hour flight I can understand heading to the lav, but you couldnt last 10 minutes.. Here is a tip, take your seat and stay there until you reach a safe cruising altitude, then go pee. That way, if someone takes your goodies, they wont get far.
    You may find it strange, but I actually agree with you! I almost never use a lavatory on an airplane. (My wife thinks it's a "guy thing" proving we have better bladder control than females.) Don't know what got into me, but I did it. What can I say?

Sandy
    Sell it on ebay, sell it quick, get most your money back. Consider the loss a "learning tax". If it is your phone, I think you're extremely lucky that someone returned it. Like you said, that's 1300 bucks, I would sell the Ipod and get a 2 GB SD card, that way you only have one Item to lug around.
    I would still try to get some compensation for your loss of time and having to repurchase your items. Airlines give free tickets away as compensation for almost anything. Though they are returning your items...explain the problems that arose due to their error and see what you can get!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    how long since you purchased them - is there a 30 day MBG ?

This is a valid reason to return them in my opinion...
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    how long since you purchased them - is there a 30 day MBG ?
    Yea you should be able to return both for a full refund at this point.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    A few years ago I was catching a flight out of LAX, and when we arrived at the airline terminal in the Hertz shuttle bus, I just about keeled over when I realized I left my Treo 600 in my rental car! Before the bus driver left, I told him in a panic that I left my cellphone back in the car at the Hertz lot. He radioed ahead to the Hertz lot and I got back on the bus back to the rental lot. Two customer service people met me when I got off the shuttle bus and took me to the various places on the site where I might find my lost phone. To my great relief I finally located my phone and was highly impressed with the Hertz customer service people.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Yea you should be able to return both for a full refund at this point.
    I'll give it a try.

Sandy
    If you bought the Treo from Palm, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund.

-Randy
    Quote Originally Posted by ssandhaus
    ...so she gave him our credit card info.
    You are kidding, right?
    My wife left some stuff hanging in a hotel closet recently and we were able to get the hotel to ship it to us by providing them with our credit card for the shipping charges. I don't think there is anything bizarre about that.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    For recovering lost/(stolen and returned) items it would be nice if Delta offered a secure area on their web site and contacted you with a special login so you could view a picture of the items before paying for shipping.

Anyway if Delta is ever allowed to go under maybe a future airline will provide a service like this.
    Do we have an update? Did they send you your items back? Do tell!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  20. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_baggage
    You are kidding, right?
    It's not THAT unsafe to have people get your credit card info over the phone - they need an authorized signature and if they don't get it they risk having the charges reversed if you challenge them. You're not going to if you actually gave them your # but you certainly would if it was a fraudulent charge.

Having said that, I think Fedex allows people to ship collect, I'm not sure why they would have needed a cc#.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast