Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMShoe
    You may be able to turn on the phone's GPS through Sprint (used for emergency services to find you). Then they can locate your phone...if it ever gets turned on (battery probably dead by now).

    Are you serious? Is this possible?
  2. #42  
    yeah they do sue them, I am not a lawyer I dont know the law, and break it often, but I say sue them in small claims, you should atleast get a ticket to out of the whole thing. Sorry if this is not funny, I am trying to chear you up, it sucks, sorry I lost a 700$ jacket in almost the same way, my waitress or first class flying waitress hung it somewhere and then gave it to someone else. When I remember that I had her hang it up and run back to the boarding area almost 2 mins after leaving it, nobody could find it. I never sued, but always wished I had. Good Luck!
  3. #43  
    I asked my ex-husband (a Delta Pilot) what the course of action would be in this situation.

    1st...the airline has detailed records of who the flight attendant and gate agents were for that flight. Get their names ASAP.

    2nd...the procedure for lost items is suppose to be very strict. Everything is suppose to be documented (flight no, seat no, chain of command) It should have been easy to track back in Cincinnati.

    3rd...if the flight attendant did admit she released the items to a gate agent, while acting in an official capacity for Delta, her and said agent are responsible...thus, Delta is responsible.

    Continue to push. File a police report, I've heard of long-distance stolen items reports so I think you just got an uptight or lazy desk jockey. Go to upper management, if not the CEO someone close. My ex says he'd be very surprised if, ultimately, Delta doesn't compensate you.

    Naturally, loyalty to his employer leads him to defend Delta and all it's employees to the end. He does not feel unscrupulous flight attendants and gate agents are involved. But, if a third party was involved, Delta is still at fault since the chain of custody ended with the gate agent.

    All that being said, he suggests notifying the pilot in these cases...either immediately (if the flight attendant permits) or after the flight during the "buh byes". He has had to help return numerous items left by passengers.

    I was very sad for you, because if it were me, I would not have been able to afford to replace my stuff. I barely justify THIS 650! Good luck in recovering your things!
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    NEVER put anything valuable in checked baggage!
    I go a step further and never check baggage.
    If you do research, there are things you can do to pack more efficiently and fit more than a weeks worth of clothing etc in a carry on size case.
    Most airlines also allow a personal item as long as you can fit it under the seat. Perfect place for a backpack filled with stuff.
  5. #45  
    Primate, you must be a man LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #46  
    Got that right, no need for 4 or 5 different sets of clothing for every day so admittedly it's easier for me.
  7. #47  
    doesnt your carrier equipment insurance cover lost or stolen phones?
  8. #48  
    Why am I so hooked on this thread. I've been checking back hourly to see if he got his treo back...
  9. kaoswlf's Avatar
    Posts
    349 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Why am I so hooked on this thread. I've been checking back hourly to see if he got his treo back...
    Me Too!! I check it all the time to see if it's updated... Would really like for it to end on a good note for him... I would die if I lost my Treo, I am completely hooked on it... Streaming Music from shoutcast as I type this..
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    You left $ 1000 worth of equipment around? In Miami that would last 10 seconds! Would you leave 10 $ 100 bills while you go to the lavatory? The flight attendant does have the right and perhaps the duty that Treo could be a bomb. Any package left unnatended should be suspect. Remember 9/11? Don't be leaving your stuff around the place!
    I agree. I feel bad that you got jacked, but this was your own fault. You'd have to be crazy to leave $1000.00 worth of small gadgets on your seat while you go to the bathroom. Just the sound of that is crazy! They should stay with you at all times!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  11. #51  
    I think saying it was "his fault" is a bit of a stretch. No it was not the "brightest" move in the world, but still it was not at all "his fault". Blame for theft goes solely to the theif and the theif alone!

    Someone can go to the lavatory and while in there somebody can go into their carry on bag that is in an overhead compartment and steal things. Is that the owner's fault too? Is he to be expected to carry everything into that small room and risk it falling in the toilet ? If that were the case we would all have to carry everything we own to a sky toilet.

    I agree he should get a pouch to carry these things in when "nature calls" in the future, but no it is not his fault others are dirty low down thieves!
  12. #52  
    Wow, Darnell and I actually agree on something!

    I -might- consider it his fault if it had disappeared without a trace while he was off somewhere attention, but in this case, he knows exactly where it went. An airline employee told him that she was in control of his property and gave it to another employee for safe care/transit.

    -Rob
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I agree. I feel bad that you got jacked, but this was your own fault. You'd have to be crazy to leave $1000.00 worth of small gadgets on your seat while you go to the bathroom. Just the sound of that is crazy! They should stay with you at all times!
    No it's not! It's crazy for an overzealous flight attendent to assume and take things that don't belong to her, when she must know people get up to use the bathroom and leave things all the time. Then the airline proceeds to lose or steal things they choose to take possession of? That's assuming her story is even true and she didn't stash it her own carry-on! Who's really at fault here for bad moral judgement?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    I go a step further and never check baggage.
    If you do research, there are things you can do to pack more efficiently and fit more than a weeks worth of clothing etc in a carry on size case.
    Most airlines also allow a personal item as long as you can fit it under the seat. Perfect place for a backpack filled with stuff.

    This post goes on my top ten. Cracks me up.

    Hey Primate, I bet if you don't wear socks and wash your underwear every night, don't shave, and travel only to warm climates, you can fit 10 days!
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    I think saying it was "his fault" is a bit of a stretch. No it was not the "brightest" move in the world, but still it was not at all "his fault". Blame for theft goes solely to the theif and the theif alone!

    Someone can go to the lavatory and while in there somebody can go into their carry on bag that is in an overhead compartment and steal things. Is that the owner's fault too? Is he to be expected to carry everything into that small room and risk it falling in the toilet ? If that were the case we would all have to carry everything we own to a sky toilet.

    I agree he should get a pouch to carry these things in when "nature calls" in the future, but no it is not his fault others are dirty low down thieves!
    Darnell, one question for you. Would you leave a top of the line iPod fully loaded with software and a T650 sitting on your seat while you go use the bathroom on a airplane? YES or NO?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    No it's not! It's crazy for an overzealous flight attendent to assume and take things that don't belong to her, when she must know people get up to use the bathroom and leave things all the time. Then the airline proceeds to lose or steal things they choose to take possession of? That's assuming her story is even true and she didn't stash it her own carry-on! Who's really at fault here for bad moral judgement?
    Lady Treo, first off - nice avatar!

    But, my point is this: I feel bad for the guy getting his gadgets lifted, but you have to be a little bit smarter than this because it's not a nice world out there. Even the airline employees aren't angels!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Darnell, one question for you. Would you leave a top of the line iPod fully loaded with software and a T650 sitting on your seat while you go use the bathroom on a airplane? YES or NO?
    Read my prior posts in this thread. I've already answered that question pretty clearly.

    Regardless, the theft is the fault of the thief and nobody else!

    It is the thieves that make it a "not nice" world, not the people that happen to leave something sitting in a chair.

    When you go to the lavatory on a plane I hope you take all your baggage with you .
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssandhaus
    The guy in the next seat says that the flight attendant took them.

    I speak to the flight attendant, she says she saw them (when I was in the lavatory prior to take off)

    Sandy
    Sounds like you are blaming everyone except the two people most responsible. You for walking past 10 restrooms on the way to the plane and the dipstick sitting next to you that lets the FA walk off with your goodies. I find it amazing that people cannot eat or **** outside of a plane. They must be on the plane to do either... On a 4 hour flight I can understand heading to the lav, but you couldnt last 10 minutes.. Here is a tip, take your seat and stay there until you reach a safe cruising altitude, then go pee. That way, if someone takes your goodies, they wont get far.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by r1ngx
    Sounds like you are blaming everyone except the two people most responsible. You for walking past 10 restrooms on the way to the plane and the dipstick sitting next to you that lets the FA walk off with your goodies. I find it amazing that people cannot eat or **** outside of a plane. They must be on the plane to do either... On a 4 hour flight I can understand heading to the lav, but you couldnt last 10 minutes.. Here is a tip, take your seat and stay there until you reach a safe cruising altitude, then go pee. That way, if someone takes your goodies, they wont get far.
    You speak the truth!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  20. #60  
    The guy sitting next to him is not responsible at all. As if they are supposed to go against the FA . Yea this is the brightest suggestion I've heard all day...(I don't think so)...

    The FA took the goods so that is who is to blame.

    And people can use the lav on the plane because they paid for the convenience!

    Some folks here are so used to crime that they actually blame the person who was robbed more than the thief. Just insane !

    Guy gets robbed and shares his story for the BENEFIT of others. Its obvious he knows what he "could have, should have, would have" done but its too late for that. And he gets folks that want to bash him for what is already a forgone conclusion! May you all have someone step on your toes when you are down!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions