1.    #1  
    Anybody knows if it is possible to change batteries without having to reset? I'm using firmware version 1.08 on my Sprint Treo 650.

Thanks,

Al
    If it were possible, what would be the point?

You are in the middle of a long download, or a really good song in pTunes, you dont want to interrupt the "mood" and want to swap out the battery without stopping the Treo? You could always connect it to the AC adapter....

You are in the middle of a call!!! There you go!!! You are in a long conversation and can't plug into the AC adapter and you are running out of batteries!!! Well, I'm afraid they haven't invented the battery driven device that can solve THAT problem...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #4  
    I remember seeing somewhere that the Treo 650 was supposed to count down from 20 seconds giving time to replace the battery without reseting. However, I can't seem to find how.

Al
    Not that I know off. The second you remove the battery, its toast. However, the contents of the memory are maintained as it has the new NVFS memory system. When you insert the battery it will instantly reset. I dont think it has a "reserve charge" or something similar that would keep it powered while you swap the battery.
    Cingular Treo 650
    It will count down from 30 seconds, but only if you have it plugged into AC power. It will not stay on with AC power and no battery installed. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

-Randy
    Quote Originally Posted by zesta
    It will count down from 30 seconds, but only if you have it plugged into AC power. It will not stay on with AC power and no battery installed. Kinda stupid if you ask me.

-Randy
    Hey hey hey! I learned something new today! I never thought of messing with the battery while the phone was plugged into AC power. Just seemed like something I should avoid doing...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I remember seeing somewhere that the Treo 650 was supposed to count down from 20 seconds giving time to replace the battery without reseting. However, I can't seem to find how.

Al

that happens when the battery is LOW and you're in a middle of a call
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!