1.    #1  
    Newbie Q. I did searched for 2 days on most of the Treo650 forums
    but was unable to find the right answer.

1) Is there a hack or apps. which can affect system sound volume in better
    scale then 1-4? My problem is, that even set on 1 as a minimum in quite enviroment soft restart or error sound T still makes pretty loud sound. I would like to have it even more quiter but not silent. Also would be great
    if I can replace system/alert sound with my own sounds (please note, that I am not talking about ring tones etc. which Wave Ring or PTunes can do)

2) Any chance to add my/any sound to the keyboard press when Iam - for exmpl - writing sms? I do miss this very much.

3) Is there any hack/appl which allows me to wake up my Treo from Sleep mode by pushing any button other then those 4 dedicated?

I also have 9500 and as far as i can tell Treo blows Nokia away. Yes I do have poor quality sound and echo but costumization and Mac syncing is taking the priority for me. Treo is - believe it or not - the only phone which can be synced with Mac 100% so you can get also your calendar entries on both machines (Entourage/iCal). I had SE P910, now Nokia 9500 and Moto V3 and so far there is no 1 button solution to Mac syncing for any of these latest gadgets. . . . . well, Treo is.

Thanks for help.
    Best, Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by m.p.
    Newbie Q. I did searched for 2 days on most of the Treo650 forums
    but was unable to find the right answer.

1) Is there a hack or apps. which can affect system sound volume in better
    scale then 1-4? My problem is, that even set on 1 as a minimum in quite enviroment soft restart or error sound T still makes pretty loud sound. I would like to have it even more quiter but not silent. Also would be great
    if I can replace system/alert sound with my own sounds (please note, that I am not talking about ring tones etc. which Wave Ring or PTunes can do)
    Yes. The program that I am developing does this. It gives you a range from 0 to 64 for the volume setting. The program is in *late* beta and is called ScheduleCare. You can find it right here at TreoCentral in my developer area or at my download site: http://gotreosoftware.com/downloads

2) Any chance to add my/any sound to the keyboard press when Iam - for exmpl - writing sms? I do miss this very much.
    I am not sure if this is possible but ScheduleCare will allow you to change any of the tones for phone, calendar, email, IM, sms, mms.

3) Is there any hack/appl which allows me to wake up my Treo from Sleep mode by pushing any button other then those 4 dedicated?
    Many people have been asking for this. I am not sure it is possible but I will look into it.

Jeff

I also have 9500 and as far as i can tell Treo blows Nokia away. Yes I do have poor quality sound and echo but costumization and Mac syncing is taking the priority for me. Treo is - believe it or not - the only phone which can be synced with Mac 100% so you can get also your calendar entries on both machines (Entourage/iCal). I had SE P910, now Nokia 9500 and Moto V3 and so far there is no 1 button solution to Mac syncing for any of these latest gadgets. . . . . well, Treo is.

Thanks for help.
    Best, Mike[/QUOTE]
  3.    #3  
    Jeff,

thanks a lot. Can't wait to buy full version.
    Thanks for the reply!

Best, Mike
  4.    #4  
    Update: As I was playing with ScheduleCare, even I set system volume to 0 in SC,
    sounds play without change prior to System Preference settingg (1-4). Not sure if this feature works or not. Gotta wait for the full v. then.
    Quote Originally Posted by m.p.
    Update: As I was playing with ScheduleCare, even I set system volume to 0 in SC,
    sounds play without change prior to System Preference settingg (1-4). Not sure if this feature works or not. Gotta wait for the full v. then.
    I am not sure what you mean. The feature of system sound volume control has been tested and verified my many in the beta group. I'd like to see if we can verify your installation and usage of the feature.

1) Are you using the profile or calendar portion of SC?
    2) If the profile portion, did you create a timed or manual profile?
    3) After the profile executed, did you take a look at the HotKey information window to see if it showed the right volume setting for the system volume?
    4) What were the things you saw as your profile was configurting the system sound volume?
    5) What volume level did you set the system sounds to?
    6) It is possible that you will still get system sounds even if SC sets the volume to '0'. 3rd party applications can change this setting at will. The early 650 version of KeyCaps did this very thing.
    7) Did you try the "Mute All" option in the profile section? That option will absolutely stop all sounds. It is the software equivalent of the hardware mute swtich on the top of the Treo.

Jeff