Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Hello - this is my first post - although I have been reading for a while and have learned a lot. I searched for Shorcut info and did not find my answer, so here go's:

Is there a way to do shortcuts on the 650? On my tungsten, I could write dts and get the time, date stamp - I can't find how to do this on the 650.

Thanks,

Robe
    s
    alt
    dts

i dont know if u can add any more.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Sorry - I must be a true dunce! I still can not get it to work!!!! If you have the time, could you give me further details????

Thanks,

Robe
    To be more precise:
    <s><alt><alt><alt><alt><space> dts
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 04/16/2005 at 02:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thank You - I get it now!!!!!!!

Robe
    Besides this work around - is there any software that will insert a DTS with a key stroke? Is there any software that can duplicate the other shortcut functionality - especially the 'create your own' shortcuts???
    What kind of shortcuts do you want to create?
    Entry of freq typed words - time stamp, client names, restaurant names, addresses, etc. Any suggestions?
    Is this what your looking for click

I use Textras as a word replacement application. There are also several auto complete applications.

Am I missing your question?
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Besides this work around - is there any software that will insert a DTS with a key stroke? Is there any software that can duplicate the other shortcut functionality - especially the 'create your own' shortcuts???
    Yes, you want ShortCut5. I think it's one of the must-have apps, especially for a Treo user...and it's free.
    Thats pretty funny, thats the link I gave in the post above yours
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Thats pretty funny, thats the link I gave in the post above yours
    Great minds...
    Yup, yup

I gotta tell ya, this cracked me up,,,, my 3 year old called you avatar the mad potato
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Weird how I've never thought of the shortcuts before. Thanks.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
  15. paw
    I don't understand, what would you use "shortcuts" for? What are their purpose?
    You type ".la" and it replaces the .la with Los Angeles.

You type .eml and it replaces it with your email address.

You type .(your initials) and it replaces it with your name.

Etc.

They are awesome!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Also I know your question was on the "shortcuts" application but in addition an application like Textras allows you to type in short hand.

I put in "pt rcntly dx c copd", it prints "patient recently diagnosed with chronic obstructed pulmonary disorder".

Saves alot of time
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Also I know your question was on the "shortcuts" application but in addition an application like Textras allows you to type in short hand.

I put in "pt rcntly dx c copd", it prints "patient recently diagnosed with chronic obstructed pulmonary disorder".

Saves alot of time
    When I first converted to the Treo, the shortcut feature was my primary concern. The built-in shortcut is an absolute joke using the current keyboard layout. For awhile, I used Graffiti Anywhere for the sole purpose of being able to write the :shortcut: character. However, I hated having to pull out my stylus, the putting it back in so that I could type. It also frequently failed to activate the DateStamp.

I have found the best success using both Textras and Shortcut5. Textras is great for rapid text entry, like you said. There are a few flaws. For one, it will not reactivate after a reset. The company promised a fix "soon," but that was over a year ago and they have long ago stopped responding to my e-mails. Textras is also limited to text and will not do other shortcut functions.

Shortcut5 allows for limited macros, especially DateStamps. There is no other convenient way to get DateStamps to come up. Shortcut5 also allows for "pushing" of hard or soft buttons, bring up the menu key, etc. This is definitely the best utility I have on my Treo.
    The new version of textras should be out this weekend. The developer just sent it to me today. Im in the office so I havent tried it yet but he said it was working well. Restarts itself after a reset. I would post it here but I have no way of evaluating it so it might not be a trial version.
    I just tried installing ShortCut5, and opening it with HandZipper Lite on my Treo 650. But nothing happened...no application shows up on my menu. Ended up deleted it from the RAM. Does ShortCut5 work with the T650 ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast