1. bsm
    Anyone successfully use their Sprint 650 Patched to 1.08 with the BMW BT or any car for that matter? I know there are reported issues here with 1.08 BT and Acuras...

I was able to use this just fine with my 1.03 Custom ROM. After upgrading to 1.08, I can pair the phone with my BMW no problem. However, the phone will soft reset (a) after every BT call or (b) randomly - I am guessing its when the BT stack in the car checks-in with the phone. I do not have a 1.08 Custom ROM.

I trired to apply the original 1.03 BT Car Kit Patch but Palmone has pulled it off their site. I applied the Shadowmite Patched version of the 1.03 BT Car Kit Update (the one for 1.03 custom ROMs) and still have this issue.

Thanks.
    Similar problems with the Infiniti M series. BT worked great with 1.03. Now constantly connects and disconnects with 1.08. Can use it fine as a headset but is a pain to initiate anything from the car's interface. I installed a copy of the original BT update and there was no change....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  3. bsm
    Looks like Palmone broke the BT Car Kit functionality completely with 1.08.

I am going to call them and b**ch about it. I guess if every impacted 650 owner does that, we might get a fix soon.
    The update is working with my TL HFL. I had to manually run the update on the Treo since the autoupdater didn't work like the instructions said. I also had to rerun the phone setup in the car. Everythings working now. Not sure what is causing many of the concerns.
    I don't know about blue tooth in my car but I have the new Motorola HS810 and after I installed the update, it will no longer connect to the Treo. I have tred everything to try to get that thing connected.

The Treo recognizes the headset but it will not pickup if it rings or if I make a call. I will not work at all.
    my HS810 works same as before the upgrade
    Works fine in my 2005 Prius. Contacts transfers and interface works perfectly.
    I installed the upgrade before first after activation and installed apps next. No problems so far. I just recieved the 650 and never used it before the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have the Motorola BT car kit and it works great with my phone. I get in the car and it starts working without me even messing with the phone.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsm
    Anyone successfully use their Sprint 650 Patched to 1.08 with the BMW BT or any car for that matter? I know there are reported issues here with 1.08 BT and Acuras...

I was able to use this just fine with my 1.03 Custom ROM. After upgrading to 1.08, I can pair the phone with my BMW no problem. However, the phone will soft reset (a) after every BT call or (b) randomly - I am guessing its when the BT stack in the car checks-in with the phone. I do not have a 1.08 Custom ROM.

I trired to apply the original 1.03 BT Car Kit Patch but Palmone has pulled it off their site. I applied the Shadowmite Patched version of the 1.03 BT Car Kit Update (the one for 1.03 custom ROMs) and still have this issue.

Thanks.

See my Warning about the 1.08-Sprint is authorizing phone exchanges. Once you apply the update, you can't use the patch. However, I'm going to try a "car reset" to see if that helps, before I get mine exchanged. The exchange is on order.
    Last edited by kimnish; 04/17/2005 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Forgot quote
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    No problem with the update and my '05 RX 330.
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
    Yea I'm having an issue with my 04 LS430. Prior to the 1.08 update it worked fine, now it works fine for the first call after I start the car but won't work again until I restart car and bluetooth reconnects- after which it will work once.
    May be tough to get Palmone to respond they list BMW, Toyota, and Lexus as not compatible.
    Here's an observation. On Palmone site under Solution ID: 32400 is says if Bluetooth Library is 542K the Handsfree update is installed- and if its 238K its not. Well after the 1.08 update its 238K- so is it possible the handsfree update wasn't actually in the 1.08 after all?
    Wife just got a Lexus rx 400h, trying to get my treo to work and after hours of wasted time still nothing.
    Followed the steps for the new update but doesnt work.
    My treo locates the BLUETOOTH HANDS FREE, I click it and enter the lexus passkey that is showing on my nav screen in the car, but the nav screen in car keeps waiting to complete.
    I assume all lexus is the same??? Can the people that got it to work on lexus, toyota email me how to get this darn thing working (treo 650 with new sprint update)
    stiksandstonesATgmail.com
    shoptangerine- read the threads- at the point where lexus is waiting make a call from the 650 and it will finish pairing.
    Treo 650 with sprint 1.08 works with my 545i..... the only issue is that I have hit the power button on the Treo to get the screen come on..... and hit the power again to get the screen off after the phone and car connect....