1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone has used an application that automatically checks for updates (of other apps of course). If so, I was wondering if it was possible to check for update for ALL apps or just certain ones, if configuration was tricky, and also if it is possible to actually update the app or if its limited to just "checking".

Heres one that is pretty new to the game.. SmartUpdate
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Just wondering if anyone has used an application that automatically checks for updates (of other apps of course). If so, I was wondering if it was possible to check for update for ALL apps or just certain ones, if configuration was tricky, and also if it is possible to actually update the app or if its limited to just "checking".

Heres one that is pretty new to the game.. SmartUpdate
    I didn't see "Treo" on the list of supported devices.
  3.    #3  
    Youre right... but it also says that it supports the PalmOne Zire 21, 31, 71, and 72. All of which do not have a way to independantly connect to the internet, which is a pretty crucial feature for this application to do its job.
    http://trackerdog.a0soft.com/

Trackerdog is freeware
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Not bad, except it only searches certain sites that sell most software titles. Make sense in theory, but I typed in a piece of software and it found the "latest" version which was 4 months old. Still needs some work, but nice overall.
    dwman......it searches againts its own database which I believe it gets by scouring the internet and using 'fuzzy matching"......you will find a signiifcant amount of false positives for PalmOne provided stuff as P1 apparently uses the same file names for various platforms and while Version 3.1 might be the latest version for the Treo, some other hardware might be using 3.1.2 and it will report your unit as being outdated. Still I find it one of my "must have" programs.