Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I really love having the ability to synchronize with my laptop, but I don't do it very often. Maybe I will do it once a week, but it is inconvenient to find the cable and sync, and both bluetooth and IR sync take way too long so I often don't bother.

It was the other way around with my Windows Mobile phone, since syncing via bluetooth didn't seem any slower than using the cradle. I did it almost every day and sometimes twice...
    I hotsync 2X/wk.
    I have BackupMan scheduled daily.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I sync at least twice a day because of th
    I have only done it to install the update and probably will have to in order to install software. I just don't see a real need otherwise. But then I don't have too much on there yet anyway, just a few contacts.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I do it each night or each morning because it's plugged in anyway to the charger. It doesn't hurt anything for me to press the button and come back it to synched. Sometimes I put Calendar/Task events on the desktop because it's faster to type out several of them.
    I hotsync once a month.
    i hotsync daily, like aomeone posted above, its charging there anyway and its on my desk so i tap the button before bed. This way if i need a warranty exchange or anything like that i know i am set to be back up and running.
    Several times a day. Whenever I am back at the office and I plug the Treo into the deskstand to charge.

I have to as I use the task list (and calendar) a lot on my computer but often I remember things to do while I am away from the computer. It is very practical that I can jot tasks and todos down on the Treo, sync, and then tick them of during the day in Outlook. I also like to sync once a day to keep my Avantgo up to date. Some programs that I use (like Natara Bonsai and Dataviz Smartlist) are great in the way that I can create and access the same information on the handheld and on the PC - if you sync regularly.
    I have it in the charger every night, and use a program called 'Autosync' to have in sync every night while charging. Peace of mind, and no worries about backups (use backupman for auto backups to SD card daily)
    RJuhl
    Quote Originally Posted by rjuhl
    I have it in the charger every night, and use a program called 'Autosync' to have in sync every night while charging. Peace of mind, and no worries about backups (use backupman for auto backups to SD card daily)
    I just downloaded the Autosync program but was wondering; can you set it up to sync differently from the Hotsync setup already on the unit?

I have my Treo by-bass my Media files and other large files to save time with downloading and snycing prc files. But I would like it to backup everything with this program.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I HotSync several times a day to make sure my Outlook, documents, and Shadoplans are up-to-date. I use a lot of Outlook's features for work so making sure my schedule and tasks are current is important. This way if I'm away form my desk for an extended period of time I can still access the important stuff.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    I sync as needed. Whenever I make a change in Outlook, or the Treo itself. I also have a Pocket PC, so I like everything to have the same info.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I sync as needed. Whenever I make a change in Outlook, or the Treo itself. I also have a Pocket PC, so I like everything to have the same info.
    NOW I understand the look on the monkey's face!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    NOW I understand the look on the monkey's face!
    Yep...that's the monkey saying "WTF????"
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I HotSync whenever a new beta of Chatter E-mail is released (about 5 times a day) .
    I never sync...when I use Word To Go on the desktop, it comes up all garbled and out of position on the Treo (indentations and such). I use BackupMan.
    I sync once a day. Each morning before I go into the shower I hit the sync button. Since my Treo is plugged into a laptop next to my bed and charging its no big deal. I do this mostly so AvantGo is updated fresh. So much faster this way than doing an over-the-air update for AvantGo.
    i sync to two pcs and a laptop, so on a normal day i sync about 5 times.

morning sync on main pc, this is done with autosync.
    morning sync when i get to work.
    afternoon sync before i leave work.
    afternoon sync when I get home and sync to laptop.
    evening synce when the treo goes beddy bye for the evening.

at work when the treo is in the cradle, i might just push sync to do it.

I currently have no backup to sd option.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I sync several times a day via bluetooth at work and at least one a night at home. Just to keep everything the same between home and work.

I also backup to the SD card nightly
    I WAS syncing fairly often. Like once a week. Then I started noticing that the "notes" section of my journal entries were being deleted. You know, the part with the actual journal in it. So I contacted CES, the maker of DateBook5, and he suggested creating a template for journals. This worked for awhile, but then the other day I noticed "notes" being deleted again. Do you know how infuriating it is to keep a journal for your kids and others to be able to see what you were thinking on a daily basis, only to have random entries deleted? So I contacted CES again, and he gave me some suggestions, but I don't know what to do. I believe it may be coming from my conduit with Outlook. I don't really NEED to sync with Outlook, and after the "birthday" debacle, I decided to stop. Only problem is, I don't know how. Do I have to reinstall the software from the CD or what? I assumed I could simple change some settings, but I sure don't see where. Very frustrating.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast