1.    #1  
    I tried to download a ringtone tonight from Cingular's web site, but it won't allow me to do it since the Treo isn't a compatible phone. Same for Disney's mobile site.

Is there a way to download ringtones into the treo?
    Try Palm One's site, they have ringtones for Treo, but they're $1.99 each.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    why bother? spend your money on something useful.

a'
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for that bit of social commentary. :-)

I found a couple of free MIDI sites, all you need to do is download the file using your Treo, or use a PC (or a Mac) to download the file then mail it to your Treo as an attachment.
    TreoTones...Treobits
    ibeplato - Using a method someone else outlined here for another site...

Use Firefox, go to the Cingular Ringtones section, click on the preview sound; using the Right-Click page-info feature of Firefox, find the item that shows "embed", that is actually the .WMA file that Cingular uses for the preview. You can save that .WMA, convert it to .WAV or .MP3 and you are set.

I'm not at my PC and don't use Firefox as my usual browser, so the exact words of the FFox features may be wrong. Search the Forums for "Firefox" and you should find the thread with the exact steps.
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Try http://www.matrixm.com

Tons of different tones and only about .69 a piece.

FYI: I'm on Cingular so I have to set my phone as a MPX200 so the ringers come over correctly. I don't know why but it only works that way as there is not a 650 "cingular" setting. Sprint does have the correct setting. Check it out you'll see.