Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Well, I just took the 1.08 Sprint Updater and WARNING for anyone driving an Acura and a "few other cars". While the Car Kit worked great on my bluetooth, the Upgrade doesn't work at ALL! The phone will pair, then the car just can't see it! I called technical support this am, because the update originally hiccupped and didn't install right at all. The blue tooth worked only intermittantly after that. I finally got the ROM update installed, and now the Blue Tooth doesn't work at ALL! Called TS again and they basically offered me a new phone, because the update can't be reversed. Palm One has taken down the Car Kit patch, in favor of the update. So A) if you've got the Car Kit Update-Keep it! and B) Think twice about the 1.08

Is there someplace here we could post the patch so it will be around? The Sprint Guy hasn't found it posted anyplace.
    I'm using 1.08 with my Acura just fine; it actually works much better after the update (transfers calls made from the Treo automatically).
    Actually, I was just thinking about this. I did once have a similar problem; the problem turned out to be a bug with HandsFreeLink in Acura, not the Treo. It didn't really pair the phone even though it said it did (actually, the HFL was just resetting itself).

Have you tried doing the following (this is what fixed it for me):
    1. Delete the bluetooth devices out of your Treo.
    2. Do a "System" "Clear" on the Acura HFL
    3. Start the pairing process from the begining, identifying it as a HandsFree setup.

Sorry, I'd forgotten that I had some trouble when I first updated; that process fixed it for me, though.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info! I'll have to try it. It was just that the BT worked perfectly BEFORE the upgrade. But I did try to pair it once, only to have it not show up as paired at all in the next instant. This pairing also deleted my husband's phone, so maybe the Acura System Clear is the way to go.