1.    #1  
    My phone does a soft reset at the conclusion of every hot sync (when the screen says it is Cleaning Up). I have called Sprint and they told me that it was supposed to do this. I think the guy is crazy, because I could swear this it never did this before.

I do have some software loaded, but nothing crazy:
    Documents to go, Expense Plus, Adobe, an Earthlink Access # lookup, Clean U Uninstaller, Splash ID, Voicedial. All have been installed for at least a month.

Any ideas on how to fix? It appears sprint will be no help.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    We have 3 Treo 650s at my house. My two sons with Treos observe the same issue: soft reset after each sync. They have both had problems with contacts after the 1.08 upgrade. My phone, however, is flawless.

I personally did all three upgrades myself since we run only Linux at home and the boys are not quite up to speed with Linux yet (they were both out of touch for the last two years).

It is my opinion that their contacts issues (contacts not recognized on inbound calls) are related the the soft resets. I have encouraged them both to clean up their contacts and try again, but both have LOTS of contacts that they will find it difficult to enter again.

Hotsync recovery of contacts was problematic for those two phones after the update. My phone had no contacts at all in it at the time of the 1.08 update. I beamed all of my contacts from my old Samsung IH300 after the 1.08 upgrade.

Just some observations.
    You have corrupt saved preferences. Do you also get resets with Documents to go?
    I have/had the same problem. Every once and a while I have to go in to my docs to pro utility and delete the preferences file and the temp data base file. it works for a while, but then starts up after a few hotsyncs.

I am also not able to 'synchronize' my documents with the Docs to Go conduit. I have to move all files from the MAC to the Treo instead of synchronizing.

I am pretty certain it is something with Docs to Pro and the latest 1.08 upgrade because previous to the upgrade all worked great!
    I had endless battles with docs to go standard and premium. I uninstalled reinstalled, I hard reset, I shut down start up, I copied and pasted from the doc to memopad deleted docs and created new docs a n pasted back just in case files were corrupt, I deleted saved preferences on the handheld and the desktop. All of this several times in random orders. It would always fix the problem for between 1 day to 1 week. For 2 months constant resets untill I followed the instructions on this dataviz page
    I have a Sprint Treo 650. If I turn the phone off before a sync -- everything is fine. If the phone is on -- the sync freezes or does the soft reset thing.

Go figure. Anyway, "phone off" is now just part of the routine. However, now that I think about it -- I have not tried "phone on" since I did the 1.08 update. Some night, when I am bored, I will give "phone on" a try again.
    You turn off the screen or the phone function?

If the screen I would be curious if you have 3rd party apps relating the the screen such as kblights off, offalready ect

I would be curious if 108 fixed it also.
    I have the same problem...soft reset after EVERY Hot sync, with or without the phone being on.. I have no porblem with Doc To Go.

Bill...
    Well, I had the same problem, and I just solved the same problem (for the moment, at least) by killing prefs, hard resetting, and reinstalling DoctoGo for about the 5th time.

I'm so glad to have a PDA phone with which to save myself hours of time!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoelEiffe
    Well, I had the same problem, and I just solved the same problem (for the moment, at least) by killing prefs, hard resetting, and reinstalling DoctoGo for about the 5th time.
    I'm so glad to have a PDA phone with which to save myself hours of time!
    I went through that about 5 or 6 times myself for months untill I
    followed these instructions--> click

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mixon
    soft reset after EVERY Hot sync, with or without the phone being on.. I have no porblem with Doc To Go.
    If you delete your saved preferences form the handheld and the backup on the desk top does it stop the reset after hotsync problem, save a copy of saved preferences to reinstal just in case its not the problem
    By deleting the saved preferences file, what exactly am I deleting besides the Documents to go? Will I need to reset more applications? Serials? Passwords, etc?

Thanks much.
    You will have to spend (for me an hour entering registration codes, configuring applications blah blah blah).

Thats why you want to save a copy of the saved preference file just in case the resets continue and you would want to overwrite the newly created saved preference file on internal.
    I power the phone function off before the hot sync -- it has not failed me yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I went through that about 5 or 6 times myself for months untill I
    followed these instructions--> click

If you delete your saved preferences form the handheld and the backup on the desk top does it stop the reset after hotsync problem, save a copy of saved preferences to reinstal just in case its not the problem

Well, for me since this is my first handheld, it appears that this method for first-timer's works as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoelEiffe
    Well, for me since this is my first handheld, it appears that this method for first-timer's works as well.
    That definatley looks like an easier solution.
    I have this problem as well. I use DocsToGo. All my "docs" are on my expansion card, but often after opening them, subsequent visits to DocsToGo will list multiple copies of the same document. I can only assume that DocsToGo copies the doc from my expansion card to some temporary location on the system RAM and then it sees both. Regardless, if I delete the newly created doc item, my Treo 650 no longer resets after the sync. I can reproduce this every time.