Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have a Cardo Scala 500. The first one I received began to crackle and lose its connection with the other person between 6 inches and sometimes as much as 3 feet. I have a second one with simialiar problems. Leads me to believe there could be some Treo concerns or something I am doing wrong. I am able to hot sync via bluetooth through a floor and a couple of walls about 30 feet. Is anyone aware of any software downloads that may be available to help this problem? I really would like to be able to move about 10-15 feet if possible.
    I use the Treo Wireless Headset and can do 30 feet without any noticeable interference.....granted the only time I tried was with the digital voice on my answering machine and my desktop speakers giving the occassional rat tat tat from thye BT signal.

One of these days I gonna try with a human.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I gave up after my second Scala 500. I have since switched to the Tekkeon ezTalker Mini and have been very happy.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Thanks. Were both Scala's the same with crackling after a very short distance, distorted voice, etc? I will put the ezTalker mini on my list of ones to look at.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I finally gave up on the Scala 500 and bought a Motorola HS 850. It works! I went 21 feet from my Treo before I got some crackling. Pairing was easy and done the first time. Receiving a call I get a beep at the second ring. A problem is that making a call, I have to press the headset button versus it being automatic. It is clear. Person on the other end had no problem for 20 feet, then started to get garbled.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrnd
    Thanks. Were both Scala's the same with crackling after a very short distance, distorted voice, etc? I will put the ezTalker mini on my list of ones to look at.
    Both of my Scala's had crackling and static all the time. I was able to get about 20' from my device before I lose the connection.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p