Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am not sure if this is an issue with my SIM card or what. "Almost" every time I try to answer a call from Call Waiting - the call connects - and I can hear the person, but they can't here me. Then - I try to "Swap" calls back to the original caller - and he can't here me. I end up losing both calls. Either that - or when trying to handle two calls - the phone resets. It's really annoying to see an important call coming in - but being afraid to answer because you know you'll lose both calls. I think this is the SIM card only because it's my 3rd 650 and did it on all 3.

Other than that - my 650 is finally "almost" bug free. I get an occasional reset when deleting emails - but otherwise - pretty solid.

Anyone have the call waiting issues? I have an older AT&T (blue) SIM card. It doesn't have a G or an A in the number - so no idea what version it is. Should I exchange this for a new Cingular SIM card?
    50% of the time I can answer the second call and hear the other party but they can't hear me. When I switch over to the original call, I can hear them but they can no longer hear me. Cingular says it's my Treo 650. I am now on my 3rd Treo 650 and the problem persists. Did I just get incredibly unlucky and happened to get 3 defective phones?
    I have the same problem with my Cingular Blue (ex-AT&T) Treo 650. I just got a replacement, and I still have the call waiting bug. When I switch over to another call, either they can't hear or me, or if they can hear me and I switch back to the first caller, THEY can't hear me!

Also if I'm on with caller #1, and caller #2 clicks in, if I tell #1 I have to take the other call and they hang up before I've answered the second call, I lose both. Aaaargh!
    I am still having the problem with over half of the incoming calls. Cingular now says that I should turn my phone on and off several times a week to ensure that the call waiting settings "Take" (?).

I have tried my SIM in my backup RAZR V3 and it works flawlessly on 3-ways, call-waiting and conferencing. As a phone the RAZR is great, but the Treo 650 I have now (My 4th) is "almost" perfect... (IF I ignore incoming calls while on a call and IF I do not initiate 3-Way calls.)
    Do you think these are problems will be eradicated in the next ROM update?
    I doubt it. It doesn't look that it is a widespread problem. I have found very few posts and/or people having this problem.

Maybe it's localized to certain geographical areas, I am in Ft Lauderdale, FL
    But how could I have had the problem with my Treo 600, my Treo 650, AND my replacement 650?

I got my Treo 600 in NY, and my 650's were sent to me in Los Angeles.
    Count me in. I have had exactly the same problem with 3 different Treo 600's and 2 different 650's. All have been Cingular phones and I am in Los Angeles.

The problem seems widespread enough if we are all having problems with our replacements as well.

Is there anything we can try? I received a new SIM card with the first Treo 650, beyond that, I'm stumped.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    how about you guys have a common application like volume care? not at all trying to blame VC just guessing...
    I don't have Volume Care. I was thinking about trying it out as a possible solution. I'll post my results.

Other apps installed:
    Adobe Reader
    Documents to go
    Vindigo
    Act! Link 2.0
    For me, it's:

Butler
    Snappermail
    Directory Assistant
    Real Player
    Missing Sync

I had this problem on my 600 and my 650. Weird!
    I have unlocked GSM and I have the same problem. Anybody knows what's happen?. I didn't try Volumecare. Is this the solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi
    I have unlocked GSM and I have the same problem. Anybody knows what's happen?. I didn't try Volumecare. Is this the solution?
    A Little Bump here for this Frigging Problem! anyone Fix this yet?? My Cingular 650 does it relentlessly!
    I noticed the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I have an factory unlocked 650 on Cingular.
    I now have this problem after updating my firmware to the latest version on my Cingular branded phone. I wish Palm would once and for all fix these bugs. I guess I'll call Cingular and get my 9th replacement!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstevens
    I now have this problem after updating my firmware to the latest version on my Cingular branded phone. I wish Palm would once and for all fix these bugs. I guess I'll call Cingular and get my 9th replacement!!

I really wich someone could identify why some phones do it and some dont???

I notice if I am talking to someone and the call waiting beeps in... The volume goes down significantly.. If I cancel that call the volume comes back...
    I have the same problem. Call volume decreases significantly when I get call waiting. I can barely hear the other person and vice versa. It is only after I hang up and redial that volume goes back to normal. Has anyone found a solution? I now have the 1.17 update on a GSM Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger33
    I have the same problem. Call volume decreases significantly when I get call waiting. I can barely hear the other person and vice versa. It is only after I hang up and redial that volume goes back to normal. Has anyone found a solution? I now have the 1.17 update on a GSM Treo 650.
    VolumeCare fixes this problem.

Jeff
    I have VolumeCare 3.06 and it is still happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger33
    I have VolumeCare 3.06 and it is still happening.
    That is a VERY old version of VolumeCare. The current version is 5.01 and is an upgrade that all registered VolumeCare users are welcome to! I am sure this release will fix this problem as I have other Cingular customers that have verified this fix. They report that with VolumeCare, a call waiting indicator will initially drop the volume but once you clear tha call waiting screen, VolumeCare brings the volume back to VolumeCare levels.

Jeff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast