1.    #1  
    I just received an automated text message for the treo updater. I did the install successfully and there are two additional files, the CDMA updater and ROM updater with like over 10MB of space being used.

Does anyone know if you can delete those files once the update has been done?

Thanks,

ERIC
    I had this problem to. There are two answers. To your specific question, yes you can delete them afterwards with no ill effects.

However, the successful installation removes these files; when I had this problem it turned out that it hadn't installed successfully. I'd remove the files, then start from scratch and follow the instructions precisely (including doing a soft reset and turning off Zlauncher and any other launchers/hacks/plug-ins, etc.)
  3.    #3  
    I appreciate your quick response. The only thing I failed to do (because I didnt have with me) was to hook power cord up too. It seemed to go in clean, though I had to launch the CDMA updater from palm, rather than it starting automatically. Do you think that could have been the problem?

Also, any notable improvements?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    I had this problem to. There are two answers. To your specific question, yes you can delete them afterwards with no ill effects.

However, the successful installation removes these files; when I had this problem it turned out that it hadn't installed successfully. I'd remove the files, then start from scratch and follow the instructions precisely (including doing a soft reset and turning off Zlauncher and any other launchers/hacks/plug-ins, etc.)
    that must have been your problem because it ran automatically for me and also deleted itself...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Yes, the symptoms you describe are exactly what happened to me. It didn't install; it only installed part of the update (the CDMA updater part).

There are many other parts to the update. I'd do it over again from scratch; it should automatically start itself (you don't need to find/start any apps) and remove itself when done. It will also take MUCH longer (it took almost 10-15 minutes when the full one is done, if I remember correctly).
    yup around 10 or 15 minutes...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks gents.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    yup around 10 or 15 minutes...