Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It seems like the only pople who use the treo must be svelte and healthy!

There are currently three full scale diet programs for palm. Of these calorie king is either out of business or no longer repsonds to email. Balance Log is the best program, IMO, but exoplic itly does nto support the TREO. After asbout 5 hrs of effort I finally got it onto my TREO but the standard install never worked.

And then there is diabetes. The only program that explicitly supports diabetes is calorie king. I inquired of the third program .. Diet & Exercise Assistant, but they have no plans for diabetes ... BL says they are workign on it.

I have not tried to install D&E (even thoguh I own it) because I am so much more impressed with BL.

Anyone out there interested in makigna lot of $$$$$ Diabetes folks can charge SW to their insurance!
  2.    #2  
    oops ... new browser ... spell check not yet working
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Heh. I really don't bother with any diabetes management software myself, Palm or otherwise. For day-to-day use I do fine using my brain.

I do download my numbers from my meter (to my computer, not to the Treo) so that I can show them to my endocrinologist to see him, that's about it.
  4.    #4  
    To each his won. However, I am obese and want to mBOTH lose weight and get my HB1c down. At this stage I am learning how to use Novolog pen vis a vis diet and knowing how much insulin counteracts which foods is pretty important.

Moreover,as a strictly commercial issue, there is lot of $$$ out there in diabetes health so I'spect good wares would earn dollars.
    I don't have diabetes and am in overall good health. However, in order to try to eat better and trim off about 8 lbs I did by buy Diet & Exercise Assistant from Keyoe software. I fid it an excellent program, though it does not have Treo 5 way nav.

It has thousands of foods loaded with calories, protein, fat, saturated fat, carbs, etc. all loaded. Then it allows you to set you weight and objectives, exercise routine, etc. It provides a lot f great information, guidace and has numerous auto-calculated charts. It may not be appropriate for diaetes but for those lookig to lose weight or simply stay in great shape it is a great resource. It really helps develop discipline. I'm surprised that tere has been no mention of this software in the Forum at all.
    I have been using D&EA for about 5 years to track my mountain biking efforts....also useful to track protein / carb / fat intake ratios which I try to adjust depending on whetehr I am biking versus when I am not. I find if I don't pull up my carb intake when riding regularly, my performance suffers.
  7.    #7  
    So far I have settled on Balancelog, but I am usiing mobeldb to log my insulin.
    Were you able to get Balancelog working on the 650?

I used to use it on my Tungsten T but haven't tried installing on the 650 yet.
    Actually, an insulin pump company makes a very good diabetes management program for the Palm platform. It's called EzManager and available from http://www.animascorp.com

It's designed to work with their pump, but I've used it when I was on shots.
    I almost forgot. There is also Diabetes Pilot.
  11.    #11  
    Both programs look interesting. I wonder how the food and exercuse parts cf with Blancelog? Also, very importnmat to me is the ability to custimize the food database and to do rapid search.

Help?
    The program is pretty easy to customize: you add foods, take existing entries and resave them with altered data, etc. As I recall, there were a fair number of exercises listed. One thing that you can't do though is add restaurants to that section of the database. You can add new foods to the current restaurants but not new restaurants.

I'm debating giving Balancelog a try on my 650 ... when I have some time to spend messing with it.
    I installed BalanceLog on my Treo 650 and it crashed after the installation reset. Wouldn't come out of the power on cycle so I exchanged for a new one. Happened again after I installed BalanceLog and added my registration code so I'm pretty sure its the software. I've been using BalanceLog for over a year on my Tungsten so I'm pretty upset that it won't work on my Treo. I loved that software!
  14.    #14  
    After trying several products, for days or a week at time, I am using the Calorie King wares. The down side is that you need to YELL to get their attention for support by email. he up side is the ebst food database and diabetes data input integrated (sort of) th9ugh a sperate app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesm
    After trying several products, for days or a week at time, I am using the Calorie King wares. The down side is that you need to YELL to get their attention for support by email. he up side is the ebst food database and diabetes data input integrated (sort of) th9ugh a sperate app.
    Did you ever get them to respond? I've been trying to get a new registration code for the last 2 weeks- I get nothing but the automated response. I actually tracked the company down in Costa Mesa, CA (I'm really annoyed at this point) but could not get a living person on the phone. They used to be very responsive.
    The latest version of EzManager uses the Calorie King database. They have EXCELLENT telephone and email support.
    I just started using the Keyoe Diet & Exercise Assistant. So far it's great. I'm very impressed with all the features. I think just keeping track of everything I eat has been quite helpful.

Does anyone know of a users group or forum for people using the product to share information?

Thanks
    Norrin
    There are currently three full scale diet programs for palm. Of these calorie king is either out of business or no longer repsonds to email. Balance Log is the best program, IMO, but exoplic itly does nto support the TREO. After asbout 5 hrs of effort I finally got it onto my TREO but the standard install never worked.

Could I ask how you got it to work. I'm having difficulty getting BL to install on my Treo650. It hotsynchs, I have all my personal info, appears to be most of the food database, none of the menus go over and none of the current meals files - all show 0 details even though the Windows XP version has current data. I've been using Balancelog since 2001, but only have three months of meal data on the PC

Initially, I had a hard time getting Windows version to work as well. The upgrade from Win98 SE to WIN XP PRO SP1 killed interbase and I couldnt get it to load. Finally ran Interbase in Win98 Compatability mode and the PC version seems to be running well.

Any Help Appreciated, thanks

Jeff

Here's the error I get in hotsynch

HotSync operation started for Jeff on 11/09/05 11:44:11

OK Quick Install
    OK Contacts
    OK Tasks
    OK Media
    OK Memos
    OK Calendar
    BalanceLog Messages:
    - Versions: Handheld 2.1.11.42, Conduit 2.1.10.27, Desktop 2.1.12.71, Syncmode: eFast
    - Activities must be re-installed, Logged Activities will therefore be deleted.
    - Installing 296 Activities
    - Installing 185 Categories
    - Installing 645 Body Measures
    - Foods must be re-installed, Meals & Menus will therefore be deleted.
    - Installing 4510 Foods
    - operating system directive gds__alloc failed unable to allocate memory from operating system Type: EIBInterBaseError Exec (Meals.Days.Load)
    BalanceLog synchronization failed

-- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\Handspring\Jeff\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup
    I found that BalanceLog works just fine with a Treo 650!

I saw the warning on the website about it not working with Treos and sent an email to the company with my opinion on that. I received an reply back from one of the employees telling me that while they don't officially support Treos, and BalanceLog won't work with Treo 600s, it does work with 650s and Lifedrives.

So I went back to their website, downloaded the latest upgrade (2.1), installed it, and it works just fine! No problems at all.

One thing to note: I don't have the Windows version loaded so I'm not dealing with any of the Interbase errors that Jakrentz showed in his sync log. Maybe syncing between the Windows and Palm versions is still an issue? I don't know but the Palm version stand-alone works like it should.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast