Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Two things:

1. I don't think the overlay is causing the keypad to be too close to the top of the screen. I see the same thing without the overlay installed as well. Never noticed it before you just mentioned it, though.

2. Example for using pdbdec.exe. Replace phone_attw.prc with the name of your phone prc file:
    pdbdec -o Phone_custom.src Phone_ATTw.prc
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anhill
    Two things:

1. I don't think the overlay is causing the keypad to be too close to the top of the screen. I see the same thing without the overlay installed as well. Never noticed it before you just mentioned it, though.
    Bummer of a detail man. Are you using the open source Palm environment?
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
  3.    #23  
    ilkeraktuna,

Find these sections:

6863_d = "Off" image
    6852_d = "On" image

The beginning of each section will look like this:

resource
    typeid = 'jpeg';
    id = 6863_d;

Delete these entire sections - they are quite lengthy. Now add the following sections to the file:

resource
    typeid = 'jpeg';
    id = 6852_d;
    begin
    includebin "splash_on.jpg"
    end;

resource
    typeid = 'jpeg';
    id = 6863_d;
    begin
    includebin "splash_off.jpg"
    end;

Now you can do the process that I described earlier, naming your images splash_on and splash_off.
    ok
    now I got it , thanks !!!
    BIGGG thanks...

Another question: is it possible to find the sound resources also ? Maybe we could find these on/off sounds and change them with different sounds ?
    where are they supposed to be ?
    not possible to change sounds ?
    I believe it's possible. Maybe a little harder ?
    Changing sounds would be great...
    Can this be removed as easily as it's installed? I presume you'd turn off the phone, then remove it with Filez or some other file manager?

I want to try it, but I'm not wanting to do surgery today on my phone ;-)
  7.    #27  
    If you want to remove it, just delete the file from RAM. You don't even have to turn the phone off. Changes take effect immediately...

As for the on/off sounds, I couldn't find them on a quick search through some of the files that looked promising.
    As for the on/off sounds, I couldn't find them on a quick search through some of the files that looked promising.
    Well, I can continue search. What shall I search ? Type of resource ?
    Looks good, thanks! I kept thinking I MUST be missing something, where the heck is the call durations in the call log. I kept prodding around the other day, meant to look into it.

Amazing that Cingular apparently *disabled* something like that!?
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    where the heck is the call durations in the call log.
    In the Details screen for each call. The original screen only showed the time of the call; this one shows the time and duration.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Uh huh.. It was implied, but...

Thanks for the overlay which fixes this oversight/omission on Cingular's part!
    Awesome work man! Thanks for all your help and insight!

I'm running 1.28ROW on my cingular GSM 650, with the select network hack, and I used pdbc/pdbdec to modifiy my phone app in rom (not an overlay, the actual app) to replace the screens, enable the flags (minus E911) and change to the sprint "1" button (with envelope instead of tape reel)

works like a charm man!
    Quote Originally Posted by s0niqu3

I'm running 1.28ROW on my cingular GSM 650, with the select network hack, and I used pdbc/pdbdec to modifiy my phone app in rom (not an overlay, the actual app) to replace the screens, enable the flags (minus E911) and change to the sprint "1" button (with envelope instead of tape reel)

works like a charm man!
    sOnique3,
    Could you please be so kind as to post the phone source file?
    Thanks.
    Hi everyone, I just installed the new Cingular update and not surprisingly it erased the old patched prc I used to get call durations. Is there a way to edit the files on the phone directly to reenable? Or an overlay that will work with the update?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s0niqu3

works like a charm man!
    That sounds pretty interesting. Never head of this before, is
    this what you used to do it? Can you provide a small tutorial also?
    I used pdbdec.exe to de-compile the phone_ATTW.prc file. This creates the .SRC file. If you look in there, you'll notice two sections that cause the splash_on and splash_off jpgs to be embedded in the prc when it is compiled. All you need to do is find the images you want, make sure they're the correct size, name them splash_on.jpg and splash_off.jpg, and run pdbc. I took the same method that others created in this forum with the create_splash_screen.bat file that does it for you.

The flags are in this section in the .src file:

resource
    typeid = 'Flag';
    id = 1000_d;
    begin
    0F 0F 0F 03 // ....
    end;

The default flags that were in the shipping Cingular Blue phone were:
    00 00 01 02

Through trial and error, I found that the 0F 0F 0F 03 combination led to everything being enabled except for the E911 icon, which is pointless on GSM. If you have an unlocked phone, you probably shouldn't have to mess with the flags, though.

Hope this helps.
    anhill, thanks for the instructions! Following them, I have patched the Phone_CNGW.prc to allow call duration without the crosshair icon. Here is a copy for anyone who wants it--note, this is a patch of the file that comes with the Cingular 1.15 update, the splash image is different (and not as good IMO) than the one before:
    Attached Files Attached Files
  17. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyC
    anhill, thanks for the instructions! Following them, I have patched the Phone_CNGW.prc to allow call duration without the crosshair icon. Here is a copy for anyone who wants it--note, this is a patch of the file that comes with the Cingular 1.15 update, the splash image is different (and not as good IMO) than the one before:
    Can you add the old splash?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyC
    Tks for the the great app.

I've just wondered is there anyway you can also create changing dial pad into this app?
    how do you delete the file from the main rom? I can't find it using filez or 3xcom.
    nevermind, found it. It loses the "custom" part of the filename,
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast