Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    is there a way to have the player work in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    This player is amazing. Anybody knows if there is a newer version than 0.6.1 It would be nice to be able to select directories not the whole SD card. Please post a link.

Al
    The newest beta has this feature (0.63) as well as progress bar. This is some nice progress.
    http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    The newest beta has this feature (0.63) as well as progress bar. This is some nice progress.
    http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/
    The site seems to be down. Could you upload it here, uploaded somewhere a put a link or send it to me please? cajigasjr @ aol.com

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    The site seems to be down. Could you upload it here, uploaded somewhere a put a link or send it to me please? cajigasjr @ aol.com

Thanks,

Al
    The site works just fine.
    Not working for me either... I know that this is in the alpha stages so that means some of the features that would naturally be in an app like this might show up later - like FF/pause/stop/rewind........lol... I hope? I have had to watch Along Came Polly 8 times in 150% mode to get to the spot where I left off when I switched applications *sigh* (I didn't know or I would have watched the whole thing! LOL) I used Pocket DVD Studio and it plays flawlessly in this app... MMPlayer has a serious synchronization for me - There needs to be super user friendly apps out there for those of us who don't like messing with encoders and the like.. I like this app.

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Not working for me either... I know that this is in the alpha stages so that means some of the features that would naturally be in an app like this might show up later - like FF/pause/stop/rewind........lol... I hope? I have had to watch Along Came Polly 8 times in 150% mode to get to the spot where I left off when I switched applications *sigh* (I didn't know or I would have watched the whole thing! LOL) I used Pocket DVD Studio and it plays flawlessly in this app... MMPlayer has a serious synchronization for me - There needs to be super user friendly apps out there for those of us who don't like messing with encoders and the like.. I like this app.

Bek
    Pause, Stop, FF, rewind work perfectly for me when watching AVIs. It also remembers the exact spot where you left off if you switch applications and come back to it.
    The developer's site at http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/ is having intermittent problems (possibly due to traffic issues). You can get the .prc at MTDN:

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...t_Media_Player

They have a note on there saying that version .63 did not work with their test Treo 600. I decided to give it a shot anyway and it works perfectly for me on my 600. Loving the latest features, and the video even plays smoother than the .61 version I was using.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Pause, Stop, FF, rewind work perfectly for me when watching AVIs. It also remembers the exact spot where you left off if you switch applications and come back to it.
    I have the "UNSTABLE" version .61... are you referring to .63? I dont even see options for pause, stop, ff, rewind anywhere.. I also have no idea what format my movie is in.. It says "Along Came Polly.pq" I just ripped it with Pocket DVD and put it on my phone ...

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Hmm.. I figured it might be from the encoding. Can you tell me exactly what you did to properly encode your files?
    I was encoding from DVD, so I followed the instructions at http://tek.8m.net. I took a shortcut somewhere along the process and that's what caused my synch problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Please be more detailed. Are you talking about AVIs or MP4s? It plays my AVIs perfectly but doesn't exactly sync the audio on short MP4s and can't play long MP4s at all.
    I was referring to AVIs that the guide I mentioned above spit out.
    can I use .pdb file format from kinoma player with this player ?
    Also, I keep trying to install the .63 version and I'm ending up with the same "UNSTABLE 0.61" version.. I've deleted the first version and installed the newer one but I don't see that I have the new one.. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Also, I keep trying to install the .63 version and I'm ending up with the same "UNSTABLE 0.61" version.. I've deleted the first version and installed the newer one but I don't see that I have the new one.. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Bek
    Are you sure that you downloaded the correct .63? You don't even need to delete the first one. Be sure not to hot sync it because it could be trying to hot sync the .61 that's stored on your computer as a backup. Copy .63 to your SD card and then move it into RAM on your 650.

I use pocket DVD sometimes as well, but I always make AVIs.
    I can't get this to play an entire file. The progress bar seems to be set at a specific amount of time, and it doesn't change with the length of the video. For instance, I can start to watch a 30 minute video, but it only plays around the first two minutes. I can skip around using the 5-way, but if I let it play straight through it stops at the end of the progress bar.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I am using the newer version.
    This player won't play raw MPEG2 (yet), but mmPlayer doesn't handle raw MPEG2 well either. My camcorder records video in raw MPEG2 format to an SD card, and I'd love to be able to play it in the Treo without any desktop conversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    I can't get this to play an entire file. The progress bar seems to be set at a specific amount of time, and it doesn't change with the length of the video. For instance, I can start to watch a 30 minute video, but it only plays around the first two minutes. I can skip around using the 5-way, but if I let it play straight through it stops at the end of the progress bar.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I am using the newer version.
    You didn't mention anything about what kind of file, file size, video encoding rate, audio encoding rate, video codec, audio codec, etc.
    Well, it was an .mpeg, but I think it was just the file. I successfully got "Park Wars" to play all the way through with no hangups.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    THIS IS AWESOME!! One question though? Anyway to clear the screen, or does an image of whatever you watched last, have to stay in the player viewer? Don't want to have to leave something inappropriate on the screen, then go to show my colleagues this cool new media player. *hint*hint*

lmao thomasanderson, I'm sure I don't know what you'd be watching on your Treo that you couldn't share with the whole class, so to speak but! Just open another file before you exit so you can view that instead of whatever (*shrug*) it would be that you wouldn't want anyone else to see..

Bek

edit: incidentally, I have had Finding Nemo, Along Came Polly and Blue Collar Comedy tour on my Treo. All but BCCT played well, but during the rip of that dvd, I hibernated the laptop (duh) with about 2 minutes left to go.. the PC saved the file, so I went ahead and put it on my Treo - once I had it on, I started to watch, and it would play fine, but I couldn't ff and if I closed TCPMP it would start the video over - it also gave me an error something about being "interlayed", yet I was able to play Finding Nemo (which was encoded properly and completely) ... I'm wondering if it was because I goofed on the Pocket DVD thing that I screwed up the whole AVI of Blue Collar... just a guess, and a suggestion....Don't turn your pc off before you're done ripping...lol
    Maybe the BCCT won't play because your 650 has good taste.
    will the audio in this program playback though a headset or only through the phones speaker?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12