1.    #1  
    Since the Treo has 1.1 which is so idiotic and I would like to use BT headphones witch is just the opposite of idiotic, is it possible to upgrade the firmware for the BT to bump it up to 1.2 or is 1.2 different hardwarewise from 1.1?

Sounds like a job for SHADOWMITE.

nevermind found it http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=15

...but still
    I'd suggest going to Shadowmite's website (www.shadowmite.com) and find out if it's a job he's got on his list.

I don't think it will just be a firmware upgrade. I doubt the feature will be available on the 650. PalmOne would rather you just buy the next model they come out with.

I think this has also been discussed in length, in numerous threads. You'll get a ton of info if you check some of those out.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
  3.    #3  
    yeah thanks. I just joined the Palm forum and am going to shout over there. I would love to use wireless headphones with my palm. That 2.5 jack just pisses me off.
    If you're hell-bent and determined to use bluetooth headphones with your 650, you can always get a bluetooth adapter. I think Jabra makes one? Model A210 or something like that. It's pretty compact, and some people on here have posted pics of velcroing it to the back of their cases. It plugs into the 2.5mm jack and you should be able to listen to music or audio books through it.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    If you're hell-bent and determined to use bluetooth headphones with your 650, you can always get a bluetooth adapter. I think Jabra makes one? Model A210 or something like that. It's pretty compact, and some people on here have posted pics of velcroing it to the back of their cases. It plugs into the 2.5mm jack and you should be able to listen to music or audio books through it.
    I did see that and might try it. But it would be nice to not have to rely on the reliability of that 2.5 crap arse jack. Cuz once that breaks the adapter is useless too. But thanks for the info.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Where's the issue with BT headsets? I'm using one. I can't voice dial, but it works otherwise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize
    Where's the issue with BT headsets? I'm using one. I can't voice dial, but it works otherwise...
    They are talking about stereo type headsets
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Since the Treo has 1.1 which is so idiotic and I would like to use BT headphones witch is just the opposite of idiotic, is it possible to upgrade the firmware for the BT to bump it up to 1.2 or is 1.2 different hardwarewise from 1.1?

Sounds like a job for SHADOWMITE.

nevermind found it http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=15

...but still
    Palm only licsensed BT1.2 for Cobalt. No licsense? No 1.2 Gotta pay the piper if you wanna play folks! And I would never even think about breaking that rule, if I were Palm. Don't mess with groups with the word "Consortium" in the name.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    I use Bluetake's BT-420. Works quite well for stereo music. It also has a mic for hands-free telephone use.

http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Do you have to use the dongle with the bluetake phones in order to get the stereo to work?
    A2DP can be used with bluetooth 1.1, I have gotten it to work on my laptop which only has bluetooth 1.1 using the bluesoliel bluetooth stack. So it's really it's a matter of getting someone. . . or some company to create a new bluetooth stack for the 650.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman
    Do you have to use the dongle with the bluetake phones in order to get the stereo to work?
    For stereo music, yes. The phone thinks that I have a wired headset.

I can also skip the dongle and pair the headphone to the Treo 650 for BT telephone calls.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A