Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I have a "verizoned" treo 650 and it works flawlessly. I have updated roms and played and tweaked it alot and am very happy with it... except....

    The led indicator does not indicate in any way the fact that a call is in progress. When I check my mail, same thing. No way to know if the phone is still connected after the data transfer. The light is a slow steady green blink no matter if the phone is "connected" or not. If the phone is off, the led is off. But if the phone is on, slow steady green no matter if I am connected or not. I have no way of confirming when I have disconnected a data transfer or regular call for that matter. Is it my phone or are all treo 650's like this?

    Mark
  2. #2  
    This is normal behaviour.
  3.    #3  
    If this is normal behavior, how about a hack or an app that lets me know if I am still connected by the led indicator? Seems like a "normal" phone function doesn't it? Shouldn't the light indicate whether or not I am in the middle of a call or data connection !!!!

    Mark
  4.    #4  
    Is there a third party app that lets you know the status of a call by the led indicator?
  5. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miner
    I have a "verizoned" treo 650 and it works flawlessly. I have updated roms and played and tweaked it alot and am very happy with it... except....

    The led indicator does not indicate in any way the fact that a call is in progress. When I check my mail, same thing. No way to know if the phone is still connected after the data transfer. The light is a slow steady green blink no matter if the phone is "connected" or not. If the phone is off, the led is off. But if the phone is on, slow steady green no matter if I am connected or not. I have no way of confirming when I have disconnected a data transfer or regular call for that matter. Is it my phone or are all treo 650's like this?

    Mark
    Can't you tell by the dial pad/wallpaer being shown?
  6. #6  
    Stooopid question I know, but why the Hell do you need an indicator to know if you're on a call? Or do you normally hear voices...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Stooopid question I know, but why the Hell do you need an indicator to know if you're on a call? Or do you normally hear voices...
    My sentiments exactly.
  8.    #8  
    Ok flamy flamerson, the data call is the one that is hard to tell if you are still connected or not. I am merely stating that it also happens on a voice call. Replies that are not helpful in any way really degrade the whole process of a discussion forum.

    Mark
  9. #9  
    If you think my post was a flame, I hope for your sake you never truly get me going.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miner
    Ok flamy flamerson, the data call is the one that is hard to tell if you are still connected or not. I am merely stating that it also happens on a voice call. Replies that are not helpful in any way really degrade the whole process of a discussion forum.

    Mark
    There are arrows next to the signal strength meter, these tell you if you're transmitting (arrows are green), or if you are disconnected (not present). Now as far as calls go, you can tell if it is off if the wallpaper/screen comes back up. Or are you using a different phone?

Posting Permissions