Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 108
  1.    #61  
    P1 wont do it because they don't want. Maybe Shadowmite could help us, but he doesn't seem to be interested in GSM Treo.
  2. #62  
    I don't think it's that Shadowmite isn't interested in the GSM 650, but rather that he doesn't have one to play with.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  3. #63  
    umm might want to recheck that statement....he has one or two still...(i know one was auctioned off) since he was also working on the unlock for gsm....
  4.    #64  
    even if he doesn't have a GSM Treo 650, we can offer him any tests on our GSM Treos.
    I am willing to test with the risk of multiple hard resets...
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    even if he doesn't have a GSM Treo 650, we can offer him any tests on our GSM Treos.
    I am willing to test with the risk of multiple hard resets...
    I agree with you. there are at least two volunteers who can help Shadowmite to test the things Shadowmite, do you hear us ???
  6. #66  
    So here is the 3rd volunteer to test that. I already have a treo 650 and the wifi sd from palmone.

    so waiting for you're help
  7. amf
    amf is offline
    amf's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    #67  
    I still do not understand why P1 does not take 1 working day and provide us with the drivers... It shouldn't be hard for them, as Shadowmite did the two third of the work
    My take is... P1 wouldn't come out with a wi-fi driver anytime soon because it would go against the profits of their real customers-- Wireless providers! If we can use free wi-fi hotspots with our 650s, we would no longer use GPRS and that would affect the profits of cellular phone providers.

    Just my 2 cents...
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    P1 wont do it because they don't want. Maybe Shadowmite could help us, but he doesn't seem to be interested in GSM Treo.
    ... then this must be a dead duck


  9. #69  
    anyone knows for sure if the DNS problem doesn't exist in the CDMA version? Maybe it has the same problem, but shadowmite just wanted to prove that if p1 wanted it will be possible, and he has made it.... we know its possible, but shadowmite will not finish the drivers, because he already prove what he wants......
  10. #70  
    I believe, that Shadowmite has stuck to the same DNS issue while he did wifi testing with Sprint CDMA phone. Otherwise, he would be more welcome to help to us, unlucky GSM phone owners. If not, I would be happy to say sorry to the MASTER
  11. #71  
    well.... could be that, but if anyone has tested the CDMA version please tell us, because if it has the same dns problems I would say that shadowmite would try to repair it (and maybe the fixed patch will work on GSM version - hopefully) I don't think that shadowmite would give up if he has the same problem on CDMA version, afterall he's still a treo user.....
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by urban75
    And to think, I sat at the UK Press Launch of the Treo 650 where they assured us that wi-fi drivers would be available as soon as the phone is released.

    I really want to get a Treo, but the lack of wi-fi is pushing me towards the i-mate JAM. That hasn't got wi-fi either, but I could buy a card straight in and get surfing...

    Why are Palm being so utterly useless on this issue?
    http://euro.palmone.com/uk/

    so much for the drivers coming out as its released :-(

    Cheers,
    Max
    www.intellectit.com.au
  13. #73  
    ilkeraktuna: did u managed to get wifi semiwork with 1.21? I am just wondering about this
  14.    #74  
    no...
    I have 1.23 now but I didn't have time to try it again...
  15. #75  
    should i have hope??? or we are finished? it wont work?
  16. #76  
    Any updates as to whether this WiFi patch will work on Verizon's Treo650? I'll be picking mine up this weekend if so

    Also, Can I use the SanDisk 256MB Wifi-SD Card? They're going for 70 plus shipping on eBay.

    //
  17. #77  
    ...anybody home?
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    no...
    I have 1.23 now but I didn't have time to try it again...
    i tried with 1.28 - the same sh$t with dns
  19.    #79  
    yep I tried also
  20. BigTex's Avatar
    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by urban75

    Why are Palm being so utterly useless on this issue?

    Can you say carriers? Who do you think buys these things? Who do you htink P1 NEEDS to have on their side to get these things to work on their Networsk

    Can you sat Carriers? I know you could!

    Until the carriers give their blessing (good luck) then we won't see this.

    Why can you get this on some MS Phones from MOTO or Samsung? Some manufactures have better relations with the carriers than P1
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

    Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions