Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 108
  1. #41  
    Any news at all on this front? I'd love to buy the palm wifi card if this indeed worked.
  2. #42  
    Hi everybody,

    I see Drivers for the Wi-Fi® Card by palmOne™ here http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...wifi_card.html

    Would it help us, poor Treo guys, to get WiFi?
  3. #43  
    GSM Treo 650, firmware 1.15
    Using completely unsecured SMC wifi router
    I've used Shadowmite's drivers, I've used ilkeraktuna's wifiles set. Here's what happens:
    1. With wifi drivers installed, when I try to look at my Bluetooth, it says: 'Missing Bluetooth components. Please re-install software.'
    2. Sometimes it won't turn the phone on.
    3. When it gives the appearance of working:
    ---The light on the card flashes, holds solid, then goes dark.
    ---In wifi setup and in Communication -> Wifi it will say it is connecting, obtaining IP address, etc. Then it just says there is no signal, which isn't the case.
    ---Sometimes when I try to look at Communication -> Network it won't bring up that screen, just sits there.
    ---Sometimes when I go to Wifi Setup it does a reboot.
    ---When I can go to Communication -> Network, I connect Wifi. The light stays green on my wifi card and under Network Log it shows 192.168.2.161 as my local ip, and 192.168.2.1 as my gateway and DNS. When I click 'Done' to get out of Network, the light on my card goes off.
    4. No matter what, when I have wifi drivers installed and it would normally go to a black idle screen, it does a power cycle. Sometimes the phone comes back on automatically, other times just the Treo itself but not the phone.

    I'm going to China first thing in the morning tomorrow, I really need this to work. If anyone knows what the problem is or has a link to actual working files, I would really really appreciate it. Also, some decent step-by-step instructions would be massively helpful.
  4. #44  
    to ilkeraktuna:
    I will have wifi card tommorow, and will try to use it with own AP. I'll let you know if any success. BTW, Do you have any update on this?
  5.    #45  
    no update from me.
    in fact I tried it with an AP and it wasn't successful.
    The installation method is important I think. Something that's needed, doesn't get installed in every install...
    We should get all the files (individual) from a T5 and install by hand !

    Shadowmite,
    is it possible for you to send us all the files in your driver pack , in a zip file ?
  6. urban75's Avatar
    Posts
    152 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    no update from me.
    in fact I tried it with an AP and it wasn't successful.
    The installation method is important I think. Something that's needed, doesn't get installed in every install...
    And to think, I sat at the UK Press Launch of the Treo 650 where they assured us that wi-fi drivers would be available as soon as the phone is released.

    I really want to get a Treo, but the lack of wi-fi is pushing me towards the i-mate JAM. That hasn't got wi-fi either, but I could buy a card straight in and get surfing...

    Why are Palm being so utterly useless on this issue?
  7. #47  
    I just installed Shadowmite drivers on unlocked gsm with 1.21 firmware. My treo found unsecured linksys AP fine and got an IP address/masks/dns servers from dhcp which is fine. And after I observed the same issues as ilkeraktuna. Nothing works except verichat, however, file sending in verichat does not work. I can ping treo from my laptop, but i cant ping anything from treo. as the next step i might try to sniff wifi by kismet. And another damn thing, when i press the power button, while wifi is on, device crashes...
  8. #48  
    By looking into sniffer logs, I discovered that verichat is connecting directly to 64.62.222.116 (Name: serv1.verichat.com) via TCP to port 4022, without resolving any of DNS names. It seems, that there is one problem is DNS. I tried to use snapper mail, where I defined pop3/smpt servers by an IP address, and it's just works. I was able to send/receive an emails. Btw, I've downloaded 1 meg attachment for some ~25 seconds. Pretty fast. However - versamail does not work at all. I tried to open with Blazer web page by pointing to an IP address, and sniffer does not show that treo is sending any packet out at all. It looks that Blazer - does not recognize tcp/ip stack thru wifi connection at all. After I tried Xiino and got the crash, however it's sending packets to tcp 80 port. If someone want to look into the sniffer (ethereal) logs, let me know ...
  9. Gerome's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #49  
    Really interesting ! Can't you force the DNS ?

    I had nearly the same issue with Bluetooth connection to a laptop that share Internet access. After forcing the DNS settings it worked fine (except automatic disconnection after a couple of minutes without the phone saying it has been disconnected). I don't know if it is a phone's or a PC's bluetooth issue.
  10.    #50  
    Now, with the same firmware (1.21) I can't get the same results.
    How did you install Wifi drivers, mpls ?
    in detail please (install from pack or individual files ? install while phone is on or off ? setup wifi wifisetup icon or from prefs ?)

    Btw, is that nickname for "multi proto layer switching" ?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerome
    Really interesting ! Can't you force the DNS ?

    I had nearly the same issue with Bluetooth connection to a laptop that share Internet access. After forcing the DNS settings it worked fine (except automatic disconnection after a couple of minutes without the phone saying it has been disconnected). I don't know if it is a phone's or a PC's bluetooth issue.
    What do you mean by this? I have configured DNS servers statically - but this does not help either
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Now, with the same firmware (1.21) I can't get the same results.
    How did you install Wifi drivers, mpls ?
    in detail please (install from pack or individual files ? install while phone is on or off ? setup wifi wifisetup icon or from prefs ?)
    Btw, is that nickname for "multi proto layer switching" ?
    I was using Shadowmite driver pack. I launched this file from SD, when phone is on. Installation was successfull. I was able to setup wifi from wifisetup application and from prefs. Both works. When I start playing with wifi, phone was off. Did not tried when gsm part is on. Wifi connection to configured AP was opened automaticaly when I click to any internet application except blazer.

    Do you know how to extract files from nutshell installer ? I've downloaded T5 wifi 1.2 installer (dated: Apr-2005) from palmone, Shadowmite patched installer is 1.1 version. But it's refuses to install anything, saying - wrong platform. And i tried to use garnet simulator - can't extract them either. May be Shadowmite could patch this installer to allow run it on t650 ,pls ?
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpls
    I was using Shadowmite driver pack. I launched this file from SD, when phone is on. Installation was successfull. I was able to setup wifi from wifisetup application and from prefs. Both works. When I start playing with wifi, phone was off. Did not tried when gsm part is on. Wifi connection to configured AP was opened automaticaly when I click to any internet application except blazer.
    So you didn't have any prompts saying: "there is a newer version of this driver already" ?
    I hadn't tried to install from SD. Maybe I should try it too...

    Quote Originally Posted by mpls
    Do you know how to extract files from nutshell installer ? I've downloaded T5 wifi 1.2 installer (dated: Apr-2005) from palmone, Shadowmite patched installer is 1.1 version. But it's refuses to install anything, saying - wrong platform. And i tried to use garnet simulator - can't extract them either. May be Shadowmite could patch this installer to allow run it on t650 ,pls ?
    Yes, please shadowmite , please !!!
  14. #54  
    [QUOTE=ilkeraktuna]So you didn't have any prompts saying: "there is a newer version of this driver already" ?
    I hadn't tried to install from SD. Maybe I should try it too...

    No! I did not see such message.
  15. #55  
    Hi guys!
    I've been reading this thread and the other (with over 65 pages), and will try it as soon as i bought a wifi card. But i really get confused.... I don't know wich driver pack should I use... Could anyone post it here, in this fresh new thread?
    By the way, the problem with the DNS and blazer sounds really strange for me, because I made a test, and entered some web pages just by entering their IP adress (using my GPRS connection). Anyone has tested the drivers with the phone (GSM) on???
  16. #56  
    If you saw message "there is a newer version of this driver already" , then after it should reset. Then try to install again. Installation would finish hopefully then.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMAR
    Hi guys!
    I've been reading this thread and the other (with over 65 pages), and will try it as soon as i bought a wifi card. But i really get confused.... I don't know wich driver pack should I use... Could anyone post it here, in this fresh new thread?
    By the way, the problem with the DNS and blazer sounds really strange for me, because I made a test, and entered some web pages just by entering their IP adress (using my GPRS connection). Anyone has tested the drivers with the phone (GSM) on???

    Just download driver pack from shadowmite website.

    I have tested wifi when GSM is on. works the same.
  18. #58  
    and there is some advance with the DNS problem? Maybe it is not a problem with the drivers, it's possible to be a problem with the browser???
  19. #59  
    I do not have ideas how to resolve DNS problem. However, I just tested Ptunes shoutcast. Sounds amazing with playing high bitrate streams like 128 Kbps etc...
  20. Gerome's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #60  
    Hum very strange problem these DNS servers...

    Have you tried using other DNS server (publicly available like your ISP dns instead of your home router DNS) ?

    I still do not understand why P1 does not take 1 working day and provide us with the drivers... It shouldn't be hard for them, as Shadowmite did the two third of the work
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions