Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 108
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I don't understand why you make such a post here. The link in your post is THIS thread itself !!!

    Please do not make unnecessary posts on this thread. I2ve requested this in my first post. I am trying to build a clean thread about Wifi on GSM Treo 650. Any unnecessary posts make this thread longer, which prevents people reading entire thread !

    instead of making unnecessary posts <..snip...>
    It's not Zboater's fault. I merged your thread to the one Zboater linked to because you did not search before starting a thread. Try to search first before you start another one.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    It's not Zboater's fault. I merged your thread to the one Zboater linked to because you did not search before starting a thread. Try to search first before you start another one.
    Hi,

    Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    But...
    I created that thread especially. Because I wanted to begin a new thread gathering all information I could in one thread.
    The other threads about wifi card got too long and I wanted to create one thread with all information and no unnecessary discussions.
    This thread is supposed to have information about Wifi Card on GSM Treo 650.

    sorry if I did something wrong...
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Hi,

    Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    But...
    I created that thread especially. Because I wanted to begin a new thread gathering all information I could in one thread.
    The other threads about wifi card got too long and I wanted to create one thread with all information and no unnecessary discussions.
    This thread is supposed to have information about Wifi Card on GSM Treo 650.

    sorry if I did something wrong...
    Now who is wasting "forum space" in this thread? Just chill, if your boy/girlfriend starts to move your conversation over a little bit would you bash him/her? It's all related anyways.

    On a higher note, what is with the focus of the WiFi card on the Sprint T650 and not the other networks? It seems that it's coming across that way.

    And yes, I did a search first and couldnt find anything.
  4. #24  
    I have my nice new shiny Treo650 by my side, and would like to aska few questions.

    Why is the sprint carrier different from other ones ? Can someone provide a rough layout of the providers and how they differ ?

    My treo is connected to Telstra, our local incumbent monopoly, using their GSM network.

    As it was only bought a few days ago I assume I'm running the latest firmware. How do I check this ? INfo->Version is only giving me verison number for apps.

    I'll be trying the driver when I pick up the wireless card sometime next week. Sales guy at store stated that palm would be coming out with a wireless driver sometime in August ? Any truth to this ?
  5. #25  
    here's an unnecessary post... Quit trying to make wifi work on the Treo. Palm didn't care if it was on there so just hate them for that. I mean I'm sick of jumping through hoops to make the most simple things work on this device. OMG, what a balancing act to get that damn wifi to work. How many resets will it induce?
  6. #26  
    I haven't tried this out as yet (hopefully I'll have the braves when I get the time), but as far as the pinging problem goes, just to be sure that its not just XP that is not replying to pings, may be you can sniff the ping packets on XP. Install Ethereal ( http://www.ethereal.com/ ) , its simple to just make it sniff all packets or just ICMP packets. That way you can know for sure whether your XP is seeing packets from the Treo.

    Of course, that will also help figure out what Verichat is using that causes it to work.

    - Sid Vajirkar
    Unlocked 650
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by vajirkar
    Install Ethereal ( http://www.ethereal.com/ ) , its simple to just make it sniff all packets or just ICMP packets. That way you can know for sure whether your XP is seeing packets from the Treo.

    Of course, that will also help figure out what Verichat is using that causes it to work.
    That's a very nice idea !!!
    I'll try that asap. Are you sure ethereal can sniff on Wifi interface ?

    As to the other posts:

    Quote Originally Posted by joker9989
    Now who is wasting "forum space" in this thread? Just chill, if your boy/girlfriend starts to move your conversation over a little bit would you bash him/her? It's all related anyways.
    What do you know joker ? it's you who has to CHILL.
    I was trying to share my experience here to all other GSM Treo 650 users. As nobody seems to have GSM Treo 650 and Wifi card both, there is only me to try this. Nobody else is really testing this. Well, I can stop sharing and help myself out. I've already made some moving...

    I did what I could do to have a fresh clean thread about this issue on GSM version. but you're not helping...
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    What do you know joker ? it's you who has to CHILL.
    Do you want me to answer that?
  9.    #29  
    answer whatever you like...
    I just think you are trying to increase your postcount by making unnecessary posts...
    that's my opinion though.
    I just hope that I am wrong !
  10. #30  
    Be civil, stop flaming each other or this thread will be closed.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by vajirkar
    I haven't tried this out as yet (hopefully I'll have the braves when I get the time), but as far as the pinging problem goes, just to be sure that its not just XP that is not replying to pings, may be you can sniff the ping packets on XP. Install Ethereal ( http://www.ethereal.com/ ) , its simple to just make it sniff all packets or just ICMP packets. That way you can know for sure whether your XP is seeing packets from the Treo.

    Of course, that will also help figure out what Verichat is using that causes it to work.

    - Sid Vajirkar
    I tried to sniff pakets on wifi by ethereal but no packets are seen. I can't see packets outgoing from the laptop also.

    are you sure ethereal can sniff on wifi ?
  12. #32  
    you will not be able to sniff wifi with ethereal. You could try to use kismet but unfortunately its only with linux.
  13. #33  
    Just a quick question. Does the Cingular version of the 650 have WiFi hacked yet using the PalmOne or any other WiFI SDIO card?

    A simple answer, an extended complex answer, and what's needed to get there would be great!
  14. #34  
    did you tried with the latest 1.21 firmware?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I tried to sniff pakets on wifi by ethereal but no packets are seen. I can't see packets outgoing from the laptop also.

    are you sure ethereal can sniff on wifi ?
    This is my first post on this and I need one question answered....

    Can anybody get wi-Fi to work on the GSM version of the Treo650? I will buy any card that will do it..cost not a problem. Just let me know and I will get it. Any testing I will gladly do just send the information to me and I will get to it.
  16. jaltman's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    #36  
    It sounds to me like there is a routing or firewall problem at the computer end. Are you using DHCP or setting ip addresses. Am I right that the internet is connected to a computer and the computer is connected to the access point? Who's in charge of DHCP the computer or the access point? I'd be looking for some contradicting routing somewhere.

    Mi dos pesos
  17.    #37  
    if there were a rouing or ip address problem I guess Verichat wouldn't be able to connect. Am I wrong ?
  18. #38  
    I'd like to purchase a (my first) Treo 650 through Verizon. Is there a away to make the WiFi reliably work on this model? Do I need to purchase the "GSM unlocked" model?

    Thanks,

    Dave
  19. #39  
    ilkeraktuna,

    Give us an update on where you are with WiFi on your GSM Treo 650. Is it working with some problems, or not working at all?

    When it works is it smart enough that all my email and web apps will work over WiFi instead of over the cellular network? I would like to turn off my data plan with Cingular and use WiFi exclusively. Is that feasible?
  20. #40  
    i just purchased a wifi card of ebay. I know somebody was successful in getting wifi to work on their unlocked 650 gsm. Once i receive it, i will post extensive information on my findings in a seprate post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions