Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just wanted to create a stand-alone topic for the known Epocrates problem, namely that it causes a soft rest when you press the red phone button after using Epocrates...real pain in the neck. Just did another hot sync tonight, but Epocrates problem is not fixed yet (on the other hand, it is really a terrific program for anyone who wants to do a soft reset of the phone without opening up the back! ....Sam
    I had it too and removed Epocrates.
    Hmmm.. I use Epocrates free version, but I didn't have the reset problem yet. Don't you think it could be a conflict between epocrates and other softwares?

Currently, I have installed Converter, Endnote, Handyshopper, keyring, Megaclock, Voicememo, Notepad, Missingsync, and some dictionary softwares.

Thanks,

Jae
    It has a conflict with the new Sprint firmware 1.08. I never had the reset problem with epocrates until I did the firmware update. I was told by Epocrates that they are testing a fix for the problem and that they should have it fixed by the end of next week.

I wasn't getting any firm answers from them until I complained that I might ask for my money back for the pro version.
    Sounds good....I hate paging through that 50 lb PDR!
    I have 2 treo 650. Both with 1.0 update and almost similar softwares.

One of them is fine and the other one has similar problem. I uninstall and reinstall many times but with no difference. In the meantime, I'm using Trascon in the meantime and quit happy with their service.
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just to be clear, 1.08 refers to the Sprint upgrade. I have a Cingular phone and have no soft resets when using ePoctrates, red phone button or no.

epocrates pro v 7.01
    handbase 3.0
    sandford guide
    passwords plus
    kb lights off
    led off
    dir assist
    file z
    flight status
    If all you use is the Drug Info part, try Mobile PDR, you can run it from an SD card.
    Aaah. I'm glad I did a search on this. I just re-installed epocrates after the firmware update. Definitely having soft reset issues after hitting the Red "off" button. Totally a pain. I hope they have a fix for it soon. In the meantime, I'll exit the app before shutting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Aaah. I'm glad I did a search on this. I just re-installed epocrates after the firmware update. Definitely having soft reset issues after hitting the Red "off" button. Totally a pain. I hope they have a fix for it soon. In the meantime, I'll exit the app before shutting down.
    Unfortunately, Galen, it doesn't matter if you exit the app before shutting down. If you use ePocrates at all (regardless of what you do afterwards), the Treo will reset after the next power down (manual or automatic)...it's a nasty bug.
    I've had the same issue wince upgrading to 1.08, so i contacted epoc. they say this is a known issue and Epocrates is releasing a fix on thursday, 4-21 (pushed back from 4-14 due to some bugs). Autoupdate after that and the bug will be fixed hopefully. I'll keep you all updated if this changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by sh9854
    I've had the same issue wince upgrading to 1.08, so i contacted epoc. they say this is a known issue and Epocrates is releasing a fix on thursday, 4-21 (pushed back from 4-14 due to some bugs). Autoupdate after that and the bug will be fixed hopefully. I'll keep you all updated if this changes.
    Autosync today and no update...
    I just received the following response from epocrates:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Epocrates.

Our engineers have identified the problem and are working on a fix. While we expect to release it soon, there is still some final testing that needs to be completed. We will notify you when the fix is available. If all goes well, it will be available late next week.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.
    Today's AutoUpdate seems to have fixed the ePocrates bug causing resets with SPCS ROM 1.08! The first time ePocrates is run after this update, I got an immediate soft reset (not the previous kind caused by the bug, after shutdown). No problems since then. Nice to have it back...
    I received an e-mail from epocrates a few hours ago. They have found and corrected the problem. They suggest that you uninstall epocrates from your desktop first, then re-download the epocrates installer. I haven't down this yet, but will in the next few hours when I have time.
    GalenMD,
    I just hotsynced without uninstalling ePocrates. It seems to work just fine now. I don't plan to go through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling unless I have a problem.
    I received the notice from Epocrates today, downloaded and installed as instructed (yes, I uninstalled the previous version from my computer (not from the Treo) and rebooted before hotsyncing the new one in). All went great. Doesn't reboot anymore.

Sandy
    Did they fix the free version or only the paid version?
    I just uninstalled from the desktop and redownloaded and reinstalled the free version and am still getting the soft resets.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I didn't have the reset issue with my Cingular firmware, but I just upgraded to 1.21 and now having the soft reset issue after using epocrates. So to those of you without the problem I suggest waiting to upgrade to 1.21 if you need to use epocrates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle92
    GalenMD,
    I just hotsynced without uninstalling ePocrates. It seems to work just fine now. I don't plan to go through the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling unless I have a problem.
    I just did this too. Unfortunately I got a soft reset shortly after. I will be monitoring this to see if it recurs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast