Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    Downloaded it just now...Still reseting. Still a failure.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebland
    Downloaded it just now...Still reseting. Still a failure.
    Sounds like user error/software conflict.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Sounds like user error/software conflict.
    I downloaded it before I added apps to my 650. All went smoothly with install but as soon as I tried to close it out (by hitting another hard button) it would do the soft reset. As soon as I removed it, all was O.K....I used Epocrates without incident with my 600.
  4. #24  
    Interesting that some are still getting soft resets. The new update seemed to fix my problem. I have a strong suspicion that there is a 3rd party app that is conflicting with epocrates. Perhaps those who are still having resets can give a list of apps they are running for comparison.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebland
    I downloaded it before I added apps to my 650. All went smoothly with install but as soon as I tried to close it out (by hitting another hard button) it would do the soft reset. As soon as I removed it, all was O.K....I used Epocrates without incident with my 600.
    I'd just make sure that you downloaded the newest version of Epocrates and that you're running the 1.08ROM on a Sprint 650.
  6. vw2002's Avatar
    Posts
    904 Posts
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    #26  
    i know they have released a newer version which takes care of previous resets on the treo 650, but has epocrates support identified the cause of the software resets?
    I haven't transferred my epocrates over to my 650 yet because of this latest software bug, which sounds nasty.
    to quote from the marathon man: " is it safe?" to download just epocrates rx with alternative meds?
    all other 3rd party programs have been loaded on without problems whatsoever.
    Last edited by vw2002; 05/01/2005 at 10:34 AM.
  7. #27  
    Low and behold, I redownloaded Epocrates tonight and all works fine..I even had all of my apps still in the Treo 650...! No resets!
  8. #28  
    havent had probs. i actually downloded mine over the air last thursday without reading about the uninstall first...havent had a aprob. epoc is BACK!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by sh9854
    havent had probs. i actually downloded mine over the air last thursday without reading about the uninstall first...havent had a aprob. epoc is BACK!
    i tried re-installling with the latest download, but I am still getting resets. How did you download over the air?
  10. dok_indo's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #30  
    I had the soft reset issue when I upgraded to 1.21 and then to 1.23. I did a clean install, tried everything, but no luck. So finally I went back today to 1.15 and the problem is solved. FYI for anyone else out there having these issues with the lastest firmware.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ephman
    i tried re-installling with the latest download, but I am still getting resets. How did you download over the air?
    My reset problem stopped when I hotsynced just after ePocrates emailed with instructions on how to fix it. All I did was hotsync that day. After the sync, the Treo required a soft reset and the problem was gone (it stopped reseting every time I ran ePocrates). It was later that I saw the email from ePocrates. Since the problem was gone, I never followed the instructions they sent. I see that some people have the problem solved and other don't. It may depend on whether people are using CDMA vs. GSM phones. Mine is a Sprint (1.08 upgrade).
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle92
    My reset problem stopped when I hotsynced just after ePocrates emailed with instructions on how to fix it. All I did was hotsync that day. After the sync, the Treo required a soft reset and the problem was gone (it stopped reseting every time I ran ePocrates). It was later that I saw the email from ePocrates. Since the problem was gone, I never followed the instructions they sent. I see that some people have the problem solved and other don't. It may depend on whether people are using CDMA vs. GSM phones. Mine is a Sprint (1.08 upgrade).
    I didn't get any email about a fix. But 2 days ago, when I did my usual hotsync, I noticed that after the hotsync when I launched epocrates, I was shown the user license screen. Since then, no resets.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions