Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i'm looking into just getting a user's gist into various accessories for the 650, such as cases, bluetooth headsets, styli, etc. (i know treocentral.com provides plenty of wonderful resources and reviews as well!)

please feel free to use this thread to discuss about what you use for your t650 to enhance your experience, and what you like about it, if it's worth the value, and whatever useful information you have.

my own contribution:

headset: plantronics m3000
    i bought the plantronics m3000 headset for $33 which i currently use for my 650. it's a little on the bulky side compared to other headsets i've seen, but the sound is decent (better than if i were talking on the actual phone at times). the only complaint i have is that i have a small head (and small ears) and although the m3000 comes with two ear-sized pieces to affix to the actual device (for small or big ears), i feel that the small one is sometimes kind of loose and i'm afraid that one day, i'll get bumped into and the headset will fall off. for the price, however, i think it's a relatively good deal, but i may consider other options based on feedback.

treo screen protectors: treocentral.com
    $15.95 for 3 screen protectors is a little on the expensive side, especially when there's a $5 shipping fee and it's mailed in a regular envelope by regular USPS mail. that said, although the price is a little on the high side, i do think that the screen protectors are a worthy investment for any treo 600/650. initially, i used the protectors provided by palm in my 650 box. they were awful. these are a definite improvement -- they fit perfectly, they protect my screen well, and they're easy to apply -- and i don't see the need to replace them anytime soon.

that is all.
  2.    #2  
    57 views and not a single response?
    Last edited by tami; 04/15/2005 at 07:50 AM.
    I can't help you with the headsets, but go to:

freescreenprotectors.com for your ahem... free screen protectors.

I know some people like the Palmone headset because it uses the same charger as the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by tami
    57 views and not a single response?
    That would probably be due to the fact that your post belongs here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Headset:
    Sony-Ericsson HBH-660 - Got mine from Dan's Cellular, and love it. Bluetooth, LCD display for caller ID (number only). No problems pairing it with the 650, sound quality is excellent.

Screen protectors:
    Tried the Boxwave Crystals, hated them. They were nice and clear, but the glare was horrible and they got smudged up VERY quickly. If you use your fingers on the touchscreen at all, I wouldn't get the Boxwave Crystals.
    I'm sticking with the TreoCentral screenprotectors. They go on easily, look great, and don't smudge up at all hardly.

Cases:
    I mostly use the PalmOne Leather holster (horizontal). Doesn't stick too far out, easy access, and protects the entire phone.
    For days I'll that I'll be more mobile, I use the S650 skin case, in case I drop it, and use the T-Mobile Sidekick holster to hols the phone on my belt. Not a bad combo and pretty good fit.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    That would probably be due to the fact that your post belongs here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44
    that's debateable and i figured it was best here.

it's a question of whether my thread, if posted in the Accessories forum instead, would cause other users to respond regarding other treos (e.g. 600 accessories that may NOT be compatible with the 650 -- hey, it could happen) rather than answering the particular question regarding 650 accessories, which is more appropriate, perhaps, here.

i also feel that the 650 forum gets more exposure to 650 users here rather than in the accessories thread. for example, the Treo 650 Hardware forum is often the first (and only) forum i check on treocentral.com, and i know there are others who feel the same way.

so i was sort of split upon where i should have posted this and chose the 650 forum instead.

shrug. oh well. even if this was the wrong place, with the effort i put into the initial thread (this is a community of members helping members, right?), a thank you from a few of the 57 first viewers would have been nice....
    Last edited by tami; 04/15/2005 at 08:25 AM.
  7.    #7  
    thank you dcsipe! just what i was looking for

keep them up
    i also feel that the 650 forum gets more exposure to 650 users here rather than in the accessories thread. for example, the Treo 650 Hardware forum is often the first (and only) forum i check on treocentral.com, and i know there are others who feel the same way.
    Since we're dealing with Accessories, the Accesories forum is the best place for this which is why it's been moved.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Since we're dealing with Accessories, the Accesories forum is the best place for this which is why it's been moved.
    fair enough. i was going to suggest to have it moved to whereever in case. (no, seriously.)

thanks Mark!

edit: the only question about placing it here is that there's a separate bluetooth forum for accessories, and i'm more interested to hear about users' experiences with BT headsets. guess i'll make a new thread for that. (i thought the one-stop-shop in t650 hardware might have have sufficed instead of focusing on several threads regarding accessories.)
    Last edited by tami; 04/15/2005 at 09:22 AM.
    edit: the only question about placing it here is that there's a separate bluetooth forum for accessories, and i'm more interested to hear about users' experiences with BT headsets. guess i'll make a new thread for that. (i thought the one-stop-shop in t650 hardware might have have sufficed instead of focusing on several threads regarding accessories.)
    Or...
    you could just read the gazzillion posts already discussing users' experience with BT headsets
    tami, are you trying to find out about bluetooth headsets for your personal info, or to have a thread for people to refer to?

If you're looking for references on bluetooth headsets for yourself, there are probably at least 20 that i've seen. Poke around a little and you'll find them.
    There are hundreds of threads that would answer all your "What's the best?" questions. That might be why not many people have responded. They may want you to search a little first instead of handing you the answers.

On the other hand , it is almost impossible to tell someone what is "best" for them. It all comes down to YOUR needs and preferences.
    There are best software, best bluetooth, best case etc... threads all over. The Software Compatibility" sticky helped me a lot.

You'll find everything is a personal preference and luck of the draw, though. Almost every accessory available has a group of friends AND foes depending on personal taste. There are also many experiencing defective equipment when others have perfect quality.

I find it's easiest (though time consuming) to read through the threads and find all the pros and cons in the situations that most apply to you. I know that didn't answer your questions, but I hope it will help direct you to the threads that can! : )
    Its not time consuming to find the 3 most favored BT headsets after that all you have to do is decide on the one that best suits your needs ie. looks and features
    No, not time consuming for one particular need...but she's looking for cases, styli etc. There are sooo many choices for the Treo, that don't fill every single person's "dream" accessory. It's time consuming to weed out what's going suit best without fulfilling EVERYTHING. (Maybe I was just too meticulous.)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    The Software Compatibility" sticky helped me a lot.
    thanks christina. at least there are some some nice folks still lurking around here.

you mentioned that the software compatibility sticky helped you a lot -- same here. i think a thread like that for particular items (e.g. headsets, which is my particular request) would be very beneficial not only to me, but to anyone -- since i'll bet there are plenty of others with the same exact question as i've seen by searching. instead of having all of us go through 100+ threads, a single thread would be truly nice.

that's all i asked for. i didn't need to be flamed for my request. some of the comments made here today in response to my question (not so much this particular thread) are highly inappropriate. if you can't help someone in the treocentral.com community, just don't bother posting.
    They can be impatient, but overall great people. They get annoyed when, like you mentioned, the same questions are asked over and over. Sometimes, in a row, right down the same section!

I haven't decided on bluetooth because the opinions are so varied. I too, am petite and haven't heard a lot of input from women of smaller stature. Though, it sounds like the SE HBH-660 gets a lot of good feedback. If you find one that works great and fits your size, I'd like to know! :-)
    Christina, you may want to check out the bluespoon AX. I'm considering trying it. The reviews (there's at least a couple on TC) are pretty good. I love the HBH-660, but since you're of "smaller stature" the bluespoon AX may be a perfect fit for you. Even though I don't quite have the small stature going on, I do prefer a less obvious device hanging off my ear (even though the HBH-660 is fairly small, I get crazy looks walking around sometimes. Granted that could be because I'm in Columbia, SC and I while there's plenty of technology here, I haven't run into a lot of technologically savvy people.)

Here's the best comprehensive review I've seen:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=bluespoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    They can be impatient, but overall great people. They get annoyed when, like you mentioned, the same questions are asked over and over. Sometimes, in a row, right down the same section!

I haven't decided on bluetooth because the opinions are so varied. I too, am petite and haven't heard a lot of input from women of smaller stature. Though, it sounds like the SE HBH-660 gets a lot of good feedback. If you find one that works great and fits your size, I'd like to know! :-)
    Now were getting somewhere
    This is the first I saw any mention of petite needs...

You should look at the bluespoon ax also watch for reviews on the headset mention HERE
    Thanks dcsipe! I'll take a look! I have VERY long hair so I'm hoping it will help me not to stand out too much if I wear one. I would come off as a complete alien in my podunk suburb of Atlanta.

By the way, you are one of the more helpful TC members...thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Now were getting somewhere
    This is the first I saw any mention of petite needs...

You should look at the bluespoon ax also watch for reviews on the headset mention HERE
    Thanks to you too, sxtg!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast