Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Factory Direct Cellular will be selling a 2200 mAh extended life replacement lithium ion battery for the Treo 650 at the end of April. The cost is $35.00. See the following link:

http://www.factorydirectcellular.com...ng/treo650.htm
    well that is a better price than what is out there

but remember the OEM battery is what 1800 or 1900 mAh, and this is 2200 mAh...so not much more but more nonetheless
    $35 is a better price than the PalmOne battery, and higher capacity.
    Anyone know of a higher capacity one than 2200mAh?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Well, I am very pleased with the price and even though 2200mAh is not a lot more than 1900, I think it will still be worth it to get is as the main battery and use the 1900 as the spare. I use my Treo heavily throughout the day so it is nice to know that I have the option of having a bit more "juice".
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Well I just bought one. I'll certainly post back to this thread after I've had a chance to use it. 2200 mAh is a significant gain over 1800 or 1900. I certainly notice a big difference using 2200 and 2400 mAh "AA" NiMH batteries over the 1800s in other devices.
    I'd be stoked if this Tre650 battery was 2400 mAh (but it's not.)
    I'm not too concerned over the 3rd party aspect. 3rd party batteries can sometimes be better than stock OEM (but it can go either way.)
    At $35 you're paying for a normal battery vs. the insane markup PalmOne puts on accessories. Them and Apple with the iPod accessories... they're killing us!
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Will it blow up in our pockets?

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Bahahaha

By the way this battery won't be shipping for a few weeks. Around the last week of April if not hopefully sooner is the word I'm getting from the store.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    i don't think they would.... coz nokia has already got the copyright for that !
    I look forward to this and hope that a cheaper one shows up on Ebay. I find myself leaving my house at 7am and by 2pm, I have 40% left. Not good. Having a charger at work does no good because I'm moving around a lot (and I have a case which I don't remove the Treo from). So I can't wait for the battery!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    I look forward to this and hope that a cheaper one shows up on Ebay. I find myself leaving my house at 7am and by 2pm, I have 40% left. Not good. Having a charger at work does no good because I'm moving around a lot (and I have a case which I don't remove the Treo from). So I can't wait for the battery!
    How cheap do you want the battery to get? $35 is pretty darn reasonable for a cell phone battery. And PalmOne wants $50 for the Treo battery.
    I paid $50 just for a digital camera battery recently.

I just got an email from them Wed saying they shipped the battery and I might have it this week. It's Friday and I don't have it so maybe Monday or Tues at the latest.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    You're right. I just ordered it along with another accessory I needed. Thanks for the info.
    yeah..i got email last week that mine has been shipped too....
    on w/the wait....
    So have you actually recieved the battery yet?
    yes...got my batt.. works fine..
    hard to tell if any significant extended batt life as I use constantly..
    but no probs yet w/it... I've had it like 4 days or so.
    Mine shipped on Monday so I should get it either this week or next.
    one thing I forgot to say is that the batt is thicker than OEM.. being a tight fit under batt cover.. really tight squeeze to get cover on...
    see ya on treochat NDP..
    It shipped USPS so it was sitting in my corporate mailbox for who knows how long. When it's a UPS or Fedex they drop it by my cube, but I always forget to check my mailbox.
    In any case I have mine now and I'll charge it tonight.
    Here's a pic of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    one thing I forgot to say is that the batt is thicker than OEM.. being a tight fit under batt cover.. really tight squeeze to get cover on...
    see ya on treochat NDP..
    A bit? Try a lot. I had to really force it in, and I can't seem to get the battery door completely on. The left side (facing the back) doesn't go all the way down, so it sticks out a bit. Then it took me 2 minutes to finally unwedge it out when I tried to remove it. In any case, it simply doesn't fit for me.

UPDATE

I contacted Factory Direct Cellular and they have been very helpful. They checked out the 2200mAh batteries from this batch that they sold us and confirmed they are a very tight fit unlike the ones 1800mAh that they tested prior which did indeed fit.
    A long story short, they pulled them from their site and won't be selling them now that they know of the fit issue. They have offered that they will gladly exchange it for an 1800 that does fit properly for me and anyone that wishes.

The whole reason I ordered this was because 2200 sounded pretty cool, however I can use a spare 1800 just as well so I'm going to take them up on it. After all I simply can't use the 2200.

I'd like to say they were very helpful and prompt about responding to me and checking in to this. They have great integrety and I'd recommend them in the future.
    Last edited by taylorh; 04/28/2005 at 02:47 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    mine does fit.. albiet it is tight.. but I can get my cover on completely.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast