1.    #1  
    Under the custom tab in hotsync manager, handheld overwrite desktop is not an option under "back up"

i am using backup buddy on my desktop and also backup buddy VFS

very intresting....
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
    Sounds like you either didn't install BB correctly, or you've reinstalled the Palm desktop - either way, the Backup Buddy conduit is not active. When it's installed correctly, the conduit name changes from Backup to BackupBuddy.

Try running the BackupBuddy PC application - it should detect the fact that its conduit has been uninstalled, and fix it for you. If not, then you're going to have to reinstall BB or go to BlueNomad's site for support.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  3.    #3  
    thanks a lot, i will check it out
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by granth
    Under the custom tab in hotsync manager, handheld overwrite desktop is not an option under "back up"
    That's correct. As a backup program, you either "Backup Handheld" or "Do Nothing" (the only 2 hotsync options). If you think about it, you wouldn't want your backup to do anything else, would you?. It's an all-or-nothing proposition.

In addition, the newest version of BB, creates individual backup sets each time it's run. This way, you can roll back to a previous state (i.e. a week ago) instead of the just the most recent.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    That's correct. As a backup program, you either "Backup Handheld" or "Do Nothing" (the only 2 hotsync options).
    True enough, those are the two options available if you double-click the BackupBuddy conduit in the Custom conduit list, but the list itself shows the setting as "Handheld overwrites Desktop":
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro