1.    #1  
    Any headaches with either of these two or are they recommended? Or is Realplayer sufficient to be my mp3 player? If so, is it recommended with Ringo Pro. Thanks.
    Last edited by rebelfan22; 04/14/2005 at 03:52 PM.
    I tried Ringo didn't like much, so I stayed with Pocket Tunes & LightWav. They work well together, & I don't even use Real, well only for transfering MP3's to my Treo.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    My Treo 650(GSM unlocked) is more stable after I deleted Ringo Pro.
    I like PTunes and the newest beta of Lightwav. If you use Lightwav, you need to also use Butler's alternate keyguard feature or Lightwav will be really buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I like PTunes and the newest beta of Lightwav. If you use Lightwav, you need to also use Butler's alternate keyguard feature or Lightwav will be really buggy.
    How so?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Ringo Pro has caused some crashes (FatalException) on my device. I am thinking about dropping it.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum_Man
    How so?
    It's been covered before.
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan22
    Any headaches with either of these two or are they recommended? Or is Realplayer sufficient to be my mp3 player? If so, is it recommended with Ringo Pro. Thanks.
    I like ringo pro, its straightforward and easy to use. Just assign mp3 ringtone to specific person or to an entire category..done. You can keep the mp3's on your SD card. It doesnt need an external mp3 player. Kinda expensive, and this functionality should have came with the phone but oh well.

Also haven't experience any bugginess like the other folks.

I also use realplayer to play mp3's... After trying pockettunes I realized I dont need any other features (streamcast, etc).
    I too use Ringo Pro and I am very happy with it. I have not had a reset due to Ringo Pro. There are 2 issues/bugs/whatever with Ringo Pro, and one may be a conflict with Ptunes and the other is with the announce feature.
    I use Ringo Pro and I am very happy with it. It has been very stable on my 650. I dont use any other MP3 players, that may be why it has not caused a problem.
    i have ringo pro and don't have any problems. i like using it for the ringtones. i have been using it for several months now.
    I also am having no problems with Ringo Pro. At least not with making my phone crash. There was somethign I did not like about Busker, though can not remember what it was at the moment so I do have Pocket Tunes. So I do have the small problem mentioned above (after a phone call I get a second or so of the ringer again)
    I have both Ringo Pro and Busker and up until recently wasn't having any problems. I trialed both Busker and Pocket Tunes but went with Busker as the volume was better also like the download album cover feature. However I recently had to hard reset my handset and Busker didn't reinstall properly - kept telling me that there was no MP3 engine when I tried to use it.When I pressed 'Get Busker' I could access the files but there was no volume. I downloaded and reinstalled the file and its working but when I try to download album covers its can't find them. This upsets Blazer (won't load any webpages) and I have to soft reset the handset to get Blazer working again.
    I use MP3 Ringer w/ PTunes deluxe... solid as a rock. You might also consider TCPMP as your MP3 engine. It plays movies as well and is FREE.

my .02
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I already have TCPMP but it doesn't play in the background.
    Sorry, I didn't know that.

Thanks for the info.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    could you explain what you did not like about the ringtones and why you choose the other two you did? I am thinking of downloading the ringo and I tried the 7 day free trial but the one thing I can not figure out is how to clip the songs. for example like if I want my give a damb is busted for a ring tone I can not figureout how to skip the into of the song and just get the "mygive a dambis busted" to be herd. is this a problem with my software that I dont have something to do this or is this a problem with me just not knwing how to manage what i have. My husband tried to clip on our computer but we could not saveor move the file. Are the other ones you tried capable of clipping songs to the part you want to hear. If I played the song "my give a damb is busted " by the time it gets to what I want to hear when my phone rings it is done ringing.
    thanks
    revrac.
    Ringo Pro has been very stable for me until I upgraded Treo ROM to 1.12 (SprintPCS). Since then, Treo crashes and reboots whenever I hang up a call via my Treo Bluetooth headset, if I have MP3 rings enabled. If I disable MP3 ringtone, all is well.

Sandy
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I like mRing
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**