1.    #1  
    When you make a conference call, how is it possible to diconnect one line if one person is to leave the three way call?

Usually, on a regular cell phone you just push the "send" button. This does not work on the Treo and I have not found a way to hang up one of the lines after making a three way call.

Another problem is that once on a conference call, and one person hangs up (another person is still on the line), then you can not make another call because the Treo still thinks that oyu are on the other line.
    When you are on the phone with the person you want to drop, hit "hang up." In a few seconds, your phone will ring. Pick it up. The person you didn't want to hang up on will be on the line.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    When you are on the phone with the person you want to drop, hit "hang up." In a few seconds, your phone will ring. Pick it up. The person you didn't want to hang up on will be on the line.

Nooooooo! It never works for me! It always hangs up BOTH people. I'll try it again and see.................

Thanks
    I think you're right. It worked like that on the 600. Grrr. Palmone, not a smart move.
    If you use "hang up all" on the touch screen, it will hang up both calls. If you use the red phone button, after a fairly long wait (maybe 5-10 seconds) your phone will ring with the other caller. Clumsy, inconvenient, and an absurd oversight for such a power piece of equipment. Ugh.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    The old visor phone used to have an on-screen button that handled it quite well. Why did they lose it?
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    The old visor phone was GSM, no? I think the GSM treos handle dropping calls well, at least my 180 did.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 300MileTrip
    If you use "hang up all" on the touch screen, it will hang up both calls. If you use the red phone button, after a fairly long wait (maybe 5-10 seconds) your phone will ring with the other caller. Clumsy, inconvenient, and an absurd oversight for such a power piece of equipment. Ugh.
    OK...Maybe that's it then. I know that the phone has rung me back before, I just did not know how it did it.

What about placing another call after you hang up with one call and another is still on the line. Will it work? Usually it tells me that I can't dial another call even though one person hung up.
    Are you sure it wasnt that THEY hung up, but you did not hang up and the other line was not avaialble? Thats what would happen to me; it was either "hang up all" or let them hang up but the call did not drop. Even worse, if you let the line hang there long enough it will automatically switch over to the dead line after a while! That's sad.
    [QUOTE=300MileTrip]Are you sure it wasnt that THEY hung up, but you did not hang up and the other line was not avaialble? Thats what would happen to me; it was either "hang up all" or let them hang up but the call did not drop. QUOTE]
    If they hang up...... The call drops! I consitently receive new incoming calls on the other line after they hang up.
  11.    #11  
    [QUOTE=sxtg][QUOTE=300MileTrip]Are you sure it wasnt that THEY hung up, but you did not hang up and the other line was not avaialble? Thats what would happen to me; it was either "hang up all" or let them hang up but the call did not drop.
    If they hang up...... The call drops! I consitently receive new incoming calls on the other line after they hang up.

Even if one person hangs up the Treo still keeps that line on hold in the screen. You can still see the line there. If you try to make another call, it won't let you.

This is "conference call" not call waiting so I don't see how another call can come in if all three lines are being used.....
    This has always annoyed me. Its a big and has been present on 600 and 650. It happens with Call waiting too. Really dumb.
  13.    #13  
    Tried pressin the red button. It did not work.

I called two people on conference call. I wanted to drop one. I pressed the red button and it dropped them both........WTF!
    on mine, if I do exactly as you described, and wait wait wait, the phone will eventually ring with the other caller.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 300MileTrip
    on mine, if I do exactly as you described, and wait wait wait, the phone will eventually ring with the other caller.

Dial one number and connect, then dial another number and connect on conference call. Hit the red button.

It does not work.