Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    So I've had the 650 for a bit more than a week now and I love it and hate it:

Cingular's coverage stinks (compared to my Verizon phone but I NEED GSM now as I'm abroad constantly)

I can hardly hear anyone on the earpiece unless I'm in a quiet room.

The "n" key doesn't register 50% of the time.

I use Zlauncher to move apps to my SD card but then they crash (Adobe and Documents to go).

Can anyone tell me how to fix these things?

Would I be better off with an unlocked GSM than the Cingular branded one?

Thanks,

Mize
    You should get a replacement because of the "n" key issue. Must be a hardware problem there. I'd run to get a replacement right away.

Cingular's coverage of course has nothing to do with the T650, so you'll have to decide which provider works best for your area.

After you get the replacement try this to see if it helps with your volume at all:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81317

Also increase the volume in RealPlayer to the max. For some reason some have said it helps.
    Documents to go requires a special utility to move select components to the card. It's available on their web site.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Any idea about Adobe? If I get a pdf in Versamail and try to open it then it bugs out (something about couldn't receive beamed file).

Thanks. I'm debating exchanging this one or getting the unlocked GSM instead. Either way I can return this one for at least a few more days under their 30-day guaratee thingy.
    you cant open pdfs on the treo.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Yes, you can open PDF's on the Treo. Just save the attachment frokm VersaMail and then open Acrobat and find the file to open.
    The PDF has to be pre-formatted for Adobe's Palm OS reader.

See more details in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=80245
    Ummm. If you have the adobe reader, it seems to work with normal pdfs too. I have a large excel spreadsheet that I pdf'd and placed on my sd card - Reader opens it just fine. Of course, if the PDF were made special for the small screen, it might be more useful...

just my .02

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    What version of PDF writer do you have? Probably is a version thing... I was using a V5 writer.
    V6. I'll have to dig up a file I did with 5 to test.

-X
    Xathros

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1
    Yes, you can open PDF's on the Treo. Just save the attachment frokm VersaMail and then open Acrobat and find the file to open.
    How do you save an attachment from VersaMail? I can do this in SnapperMail but it doesn't get along with auto synching and keyboard lock. In VersaMail I can only tap it and watch it run for Adobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize
    How do you save an attachment from VersaMail? I can do this in SnapperMail but it doesn't get along with auto synching and keyboard lock. In VersaMail I can only tap it and watch it run for Adobe.
    Doc to Go will not open a native PDF file. In order to open a PDF it requires you to convert if to a palm format before it can be opened with Adobe for Palm.
    Doc2Go and Adobe are two totally different things. Doc2Go does MSOffice type stuff - Adobe does PDFs.

As I said above, I have been able to open pdf's that I made with Acrobat 6 on the treo 650 with no problem. Haven't tested files created with earlier versions or Acrobat yet.

-X
    Xathros

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I have both DoctoGo and Adobe Reader installed. I have a PDF attachment on a message in Versamail. Is there anyway to save it to a file from within Versamail or not? If I tap it in Vmail it tries to send it to Adobe Reader and crashes.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    After messing around I've become somewhat certain that the Adobe Reader on the Treo cannot open native PDFs - they must be "channeled" through the Adobe Reader plugin on the PC..shame. Looks like the expensive version of docs2go can open them "in text mode"
    Mize-

Trying to receive a pdf attachment here but signal is too weak - will have to try this later.

-X
    Xathros