Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone interested in having Costco stock the Treo 650. Should send an e-mail to Costco’s buyers to let them know the demand is out there. You can e-mail:

Barbara Harriott
    Non-Foods Buying

bharriott@costco.com
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Looking at Costco's site, it doesn't appear that they carry ANY cellphones...why would they start with the Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by mcevoys
    Looking at Costco's site, it doesn't appear that they carry ANY cellphones...why would they start with the Treo?
    My Costco has a whole phone store inside it.
    On there website they sell 4 phones currently. They also sell them in every warehouse:

http://www.costco.com/Common/Categor...h=79*82*20657*
    Quote Originally Posted by matt22
    On there website they sell 4 phones currently. They also sell them in every warehouse:

http://www.costco.com/Common/Categor...h=79*82*20657*
    This link has been known for a while. Where did you hear the phones are sold in-store???
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by s_strosberg
    This link has been known for a while. Where did you hear the phones are sold in-store???
    I see them everytime I walk into the store.
    Yes when you walk in, its like a lil' taco stand, maybe 8' x 8' & 2 people selling phones & service for Sprint, TMobile, & Verizon. They only about 4 phones for each provider. How much of a discount can you get from Costco anyway?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I believe it's not the price but their unbeatable return policy that really shines. Heard that quite a few people abused that and got a new phone every several months, by just paying the difference.

Really hate that a small percentage of people abuse the system and then phew...it's gone. Reminds me those Lawyers
    Quote Originally Posted by s_strosberg

Where have you been? Costco has sold phones in-store for a long while. It's a constant on-going discussion over @ Sprintusers.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    I work for Costco, and don't think that they'd bother carrying the Treo's... The Treo is a niche market... And, going with Costco's philosophy... Why sell 2 Treo's a month (at a particular warehouse), when you can sell 30 of another phone. If anything, you might see it on Costco.com. We used to sell unlocked GSM phones online, but I haven't looked for them lately. Anyways, like I said... Just my 2 cents.

-Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by hchai
    I believe it's not the price but their unbeatable return policy that really shines. Heard that quite a few people abused that and got a new phone every several months, by just paying the difference.

Really hate that a small percentage of people abuse the system and then phew...it's gone. Reminds me those Lawyers
    I've heard of people buying a PC, using it for a year or two, then returning it for full credit (original purchase price). It is possible, but if that kind of abuse continues, expect that policy to tighen up a lot.

Costco sells phones very cheap and usually offers a pretty good bundle. For example, the Toshiba 4050 was retailing for over $370 everywhere. Costco had it, without contract, as a package (nice body glove case, hands free, extra battery I think) for like $250. They sell phones for way below anyone else, even including the extras. I suspect if they had the 650, it would be offered in a decent bundle for under $400 retail.

Too bad there isn't one in Savannah.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    I've heard of people buying a PC, using it for a year or two, then returning it for full credit (original purchase price). It is possible, but if that kind of abuse continues, expect that policy to tighen up a lot.
    This is why their return policy no longer applies to PCs.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    This is why their return policy no longer applies to PCs.
    You have 6 months with PCs now. Not unlimited, but still better than any other store I know of.
    Quote Originally Posted by fstmstngs
    I work for Costco, and don't think that they'd bother carrying the Treo's... The Treo is a niche market... And, going with Costco's philosophy... Why sell 2 Treo's a month (at a particular warehouse), when you can sell 30 of another phone.
    they use to sell the samsung i500 palm phone.
    it was in a nice bundle of chargers and a case
    plus the price was real nice.
    I was told by a friend of mine who lives up in Santa Monica CA that they were selling the T650's in the store at the booth. Is this possible or does someone definitevely know for a fact that Costco is not selling ANY T650's?
  16.    #16  
    Costco.com now sells unlocked Treo 650’s:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...Path=79*20657*
    Quote Originally Posted by mattw22
    Costco.com now sells unlocked Treo 650’s:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...Path=79*20657*
    Holy cow! They just started this today.
    Ironically I was looking at that page just yesterday (the cell phone page that is) totally unrelated reasons to this thread and it wasn't there.
    Nice.

But for the life of me, I can't understand why a discount wholesale wherehouse sells it for $30 more than the PalmOne RETAIL stores and web site. That's costco for you. Ream you for $60 a year and not make the same products cheaper.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    That's very unusual of Costco, actually.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    And at $729, they are only $30 higher than the highest price I've ever seen for the 650 (Palmone's own site)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcevoys
    And at $729, they are only $30 higher than the highest price I've ever seen for the 650 (Palmone's own site)
    Didn't I just say that? Agreed, kind of peculiar.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast