1.    #1  
    Can someone explain or point me in the right direction for how I can send files to the Treo 650 from my laptop with Bluetooth and how I can send files to my laptop from the Treo 650 with Bluetooth. I tried sending a picture to my laptop from the Pics&Videos application via Bluetooth, but it just kept failing. Any ideas/help?

Thanks!

- marc
  2.    #2  
    OK...this is driving me crazy. I think I've got sending files from laptop to my Treo 650 via BT down, but sending them from the Treo 650 to the laptop via BT is nearly impossible! I have integrated BT on an IBM T42p laptop and I cannot get a picture to go from the Treo to that laptop via BT at all. I have an older Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop that I went out and bought a Belkin BT adapter for, and I got a picture file to go from the Treo to the Dell Inspiron 8200 via BT ONCE! Now, whenever I try to send a picture from the Treo to the Dell Inspiron 8200, it fails, just like with the IBM T42p. This is driving me INSANE! Both the Dell Inspiron 8200 with the Belkin BT adapter and the IBM T42p with the built-in BT are using the manufacturer's drivers for BT and not the default windows ones. I guess perhaps I'll try uninstalling the manufacturer's drivers for the Belkin BT adapter and see if I can get a picture file to go from the Treo to the Dell Inspiron 8200 using just the default Windows XP BT drivers. The thing is, I know it can be done using the manufacturer's drivers, because it worked once before. It seems to work over PIM File Transfer...or at least thats how it worked the last time. If anyone has any advice or suggestions or can offer any help, it would be greatly appreciated! This is driving me NUTS!

Thanks!
  3.    #3  
    Yes! I figured it out...

If you go into the advanced configuration for the Bluetooth (this is for non-WinXP bluetooth drivers - I've tried it with both IBM T42p BT drivers and Belkin USB BT drivers) and then choose local services, and then select PIM File Transfer and click properties. There's a section labeled Received items there. You have to change the different choices there from Do Not Accept to accept. For all other types, choose save to folder and specify the folder. This should do the trick and allow you to send files from the Treo 650 to the computer via Bluetooth. I swear I checked this like twenty times and it was set-up properly, but maybe I'm just losing my mind. Anyway, after going back and checking it again, I saw that it wasn't set up properly, and when I made the above modifications, it now works. Additionally, the benefit here is that you can send files to the computer via BT without having to first specify on the computer that it is going to be receiving files (as you would have to do with the native WinXP BT drivers). Anyway, hope this helps someone else out there...I spent 5 hours pulling my hair out before I finally got it working!
    where are you finding the advanced cofiguration? I have searched everywhere, device manager, bluetooth settings and can't find it!
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, 1.28/1.13-ROW, T-Mobile
    III -> Vx -> m505 -> m515 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Do a search for 'OBEX' and you should get your answers.
  6.    #6  
    pdxgolfnut - if you still can't find where to do this, private message me and I can try and help you a bit more...
    another option for non palmos files is bluefiles:

http://www.softick.com/bluefiles/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions