1.    #1  
    I just went to Amazon and bought a Cardo Scala 500 for $9.99. If you sign up for an Amazon Visa, they take $30 off of the purchase, and as the original price was 39.99, you get free shipping.

I'm going to pay off the $9.99 and close down the Visa, although it has no fees.
    Cool. Don't do that too many times, though, as it can impact your credit.
    great deal...but if its because of a cc, no thank you...but thanks for posting this cool deal
  4.    #4  
    I just moved to US from the UK, so i have Zero Credit Rating anyway. I'm a little shocked that they gave me credit anyway. I will probably keep the card, as Amazon are always giving deals to card holders.

Is the Scala 500 a good BT headset for Treo 650? There are some mixed reviews on this forum
    ^apparently it is..it is among the favourite along with the 660, and the treo wireless headset
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Cool. Don't do that too many times, though, as it can impact your credit.
    Some financial show talking heads claim the scoring rules have changed a little. They claim the number of cards no longer matters, but the overall debt load on them all is the key now.

Anyway, I never get a card I don't need.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Some financial show talking heads claim the scoring rules have changed a little. They claim the number of cards no longer matters, but the overall debt load on them all is the key now.

Anyway, I never get a card I don't need.
    Yeah, it isn't so much the number of cards (or so I here) but the repeated requests for credit (as would happen should you do a few of these deals in rapid succession).
    Here's a little more on the subject.

Myth: Credit card offers are hurting your score. Credit card solicitations, while annoying, don't affect your score. That's assuming you don't respond to the solicitations and use all of the credit that's available to you. There is no magic number for how many credit cards are too many, said Fair Isaac's Cheri St. John. But, if ratio of credit used to credit available is high, that indicates higher risk. "Clearly consumers want to keep balances below the available credit line," she added.
    Anyway, if you ignore them (and opt out of them mailing them) none of this matters .
    Yeah, I was referring to this:

Myth: Shopping around for a loan hurts your score...It's true that too many inquiries to your credit will lower your score..."As long as the same kind of inquiries are made within 14 days of each other, they count as one inquiry on your credit score," he said. Take note: This grace period doesn't apply to credit cards.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dackj
    I just moved to US from the UK, so i have Zero Credit Rating anyway. I'm a little shocked that they gave me credit anyway. I will probably keep the card, as Amazon are always giving deals to card holders.

Is the Scala 500 a good BT headset for Treo 650? There are some mixed reviews on this forum
    I had very poor results with two Scala 500's. I have switched to the Tekkeon ezTalker Mini and have been very happy.
    SprintPCS Treo 755p