Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    this is kinda hard huh... they asked me if my line i'm still AT&T customer, I can't lie about that. They tracked down the number.

and also asked me to fax them the receipt if I pay the full price for the phone.

How much is the full price anyway? $549?
    I am a TMo customer. I called up with my buddies Cingular acct (Cingular branded 650) and just told them I'm going overseas and using prepaid sim cards for accounting purposes. voila!
    I keep trying, multiple times each day, no luck.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    They kept on asking for teh receipt that I paid the full price from Cingular store. i don't have them..

The other way, is that if I have Cingular sim card in the phone active for 90 days, and they can track it.

I don't have any of the 2 criteria.
    SUCCESS! After numerous calls to various 800 numbers with no success i got a pleasent suprise today. One of the techs at Cingular who i spoke with (have no idea when) emailed me today with the unlock code for my IMEI number and it works. I guess persistence pays off. It also helps to be nice and voulnteer to give them your IMEI number and email address.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Hey craigg, thanks for the info but unfortunatley, for me, it's not working. I have called 3 times and each time they tell me, sorry, it's an ATT phone and we can't help you.

So far, same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    SUCCESS! After numerous calls to various 800 numbers with no success i got a pleasent suprise today. One of the techs at Cingular who i spoke with (have no idea when) emailed me today with the unlock code for my IMEI number and it works. I guess persistence pays off. It also helps to be nice and voulnteer to give them your IMEI number and email address.
    Quick Update. I just tried a TMob and a Cingular sim, and they both worked. I'm a happy camper!
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    I am getting the run around with Cingular. I am a corporate customer who was on ATT. I have called several times and cannot get anyone to unlock my phone. What is the trick to getting this done!? I travel a ton internationally and Cingular is not helping me at all.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12