Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hi Jeff,

Excellent!! Your version 1.1 for VolumeCare works correctly! I did 2 soft reset tests, and both times, my volume settings remained at maximum for my earpiece and speakerphone.

I deleted the old version first before installing the new version.

I am wondering, Jeff, will this program stop working after a certain time, or is there no time limit for this version 1.1 ?

Thanks, Casey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Hi Jeff,

Excellent!! Your version 1.1 for VolumeCare works correctly! I did 2 soft reset tests, and both times, my volume settings remained at maximum for my earpiece and speakerphone.

I deleted the old version first before installing the new version.

I am wondering, Jeff, will this program stop working after a certain time, or is there no time limit for this version 1.1 ?

Thanks, Casey.
    There is a 14 day trial period. After that you will need a license key to enable the product. I would like people's honest opinion on the price for this application. My thoughts are $10. That will be much less than the cost for ScheduleCare. I separated this function out of ScheduleCare because I got so many requests to do so but I do not want to loose all of my revenue stream. I am all about assigning reasonable prices for the applications that I produce so that is why I am asking the question rather than just saying "This is the price". The value this applicaiton provides is obviously very high in relation to the cost.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    BTMute is $4.75. I think VolumeCare should be priced similarly. I paid for that in case I ever bought a BT headset and now it's irrelevant with 1.08. I don't want to pay $10 for VolumeCare and have this problem be fixed by P1 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    BTMute is $4.75. I think VolumeCare should be priced similarly. I paid for that in case I ever bought a BT headset and now it's irrelevant with 1.08. I don't want to pay $10 for VolumeCare and have this problem be fixed by P1 too.
    I understand that but this program provides much more functionality than does BTmute. Plus the $4.75 price is the discounted price from MyTreo.net. I am sure they would offer a discounted price for VolumeCare.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Am I missing something? VolumeCare has 4 sliders and addresses a Treo 650 bug. It doesn't seem more complicated than BTMute in any way.
    Am I missing something? VolumeCare has 4 sliders and addresses a Treo 650 bug. It doesn't seem more complicated than BTMute in any way.
    Just becuase you view it as a bug and something that shouldn't need a 3rd party app. Doesn't in anyway make it something a developer should spend thier time on without just compensation.

If it is so easy do, you could do it yourself or wait a while and someone will release freeware.

Please don't belittle the effort Jeff puts into his apps. For some he has made the 650 actually useable where it was otherwise not. I agree there are several of his apps that I have no use for or believe P1 will eventually fix, but that doesn't mean Jeff should spend his "FREE" time fixing them for me in the meantime.
    The developement effort that went into creating this functionality was much greater for the volume control functionality than it was for BTmute. BTmute's solution was a known solution and took me very little time to create this application. It has taken me almost 7 days to create this solution. (It was first created in ScheduleCare then separated out into its own application.)

I hope this makes sense.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson

I hope this makes sense.

Jeff
    It does. I understand now.

Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Just becuase you......
    sxtg, I'm a customer. Jeff has spoken up for himself here and made a sale with a rational explanation of why VolumeCare is more complex than BTMute. I don't need your permission to be a hard sell. Thanks.
    Last edited by aldamon; 04/25/2005 at 12:33 PM.
    All,

I in *no* way want to overcharge for this program! I want to find a fair price where there is a win-win in this for everyone. My threshold is very close to $10. Part of the reason is that I have to pay >30% for handling fee from my distribution vendors. So my net is is getting pretty low when I get below $10.

Jeff
    It does. I understand now.

sxtg, I'm a customer. Jeff has spoken up for himself here and made a sale with a rational explanation of why VolumeCare is more complex than BTMute. I don't need your permission to be a hard sell. Thanks.
    My post was before jeff responded. However, I appreciate your gratefulness.... You're welcome
    Hi Jeff,

$10 seems like a fair price to me. Might be a tad bit high for a small utility. But since the utility is a very useful one, that's why I personally would pay it. That's my reasoning at least. Besides, it's worth paying simply to avoid the constant annoyance of having to raise my volume settings again every time I do a reset.

Now if you or anyone can make an application that actually INCREASES the volume of my earpiece by 30%+ so I can hear my callers better, I will pay at least $50.00 !! My biggest complaint about my Treo 650 is I sometimes have trouble hearing people through my earpiece because the volume is a bit too low, even at the maximum setting.

Where do I go to register for this app, Jeff? Thanks, Casey.
    Please lets not get into a negative posting pattern over this! It was not my intent to have that happen. I take nothing personally. After all, I asked for the feedback because I wanted to hear people's thoughts and opinions. Just like in my beta programs, I want people to speak up - even if the feedback is negative. I just want to keep all the feedback and cross communication professional and respectfull.

I apprecaite both sides of this debate and also apprteciate those that have helped to justify both sides of the conversation.

Now as for the volume increase, I will not advertise it but I have had more than 10 data points from different people that have stated this solution does increase volume levels up to 30% louder than the deafult max volume. I am doing things behind the scenes to try and kickup the volume levels beyond the loudest setting so these reports validate my attempts. The reason I will not advertise this is because I can not measure the increase and people's mileage may very.......

Lastly, I will wait for 2 days just to make sure the solution is working well. Then I will list the application on my distribution sites for purchase. (Handango, PalmGear adn MyTreo.net). I don't feel right about accepting payment for an application that has not been fully tested. My gut tells me that with the popularity of this forum, VolumeCare will get a good amount of testing done in the next 2 days. So if there are any issues, they should surface within this time period.

Jeff
    Jeff,

I find your program very useful as I mentioned in my last post. I will positively pay $10.00 for it when the time comes. I would also gladly pay you an extra $50 if in fact the ear piece volume was noticeably louder, which is my main gripe from my Treo 650.

As for other people's negativity, I too wish they would stop. Please don't get discouraged by this. You are doing a fine thing.

Thanks for your contribution. Casey
    Please lets not get into a negative posting pattern over this! It was not my intent to have that happen. I take nothing personally. After all, I asked for the feedback because I wanted to hear people's thoughts and opinions. Just like in my beta programs, I want people to speak up - even if the feedback is negative. I just want to keep all the feedback and cross communication professional and respectfull.

I apprecaite both sides of this debate and also apprteciate those that have helped to justify both sides of the conversation.

Now as for the volume increase, I will not advertise it but I have had more than 10 data points from different people that have stated this solution does increase volume levels up to 30% louder than the deafult max volume. I am doing things behind the scenes to try and kickup the volume levels beyond the loudest setting so these reports validate my attempts. The reason I will not advertise this is because I can not measure the increase and people's mileage may very.......

Lastly, I will wait for 2 days just to make sure the solution is working well. Then I will list the application on my distribution sites for purchase. (Handango, PalmGear adn MyTreo.net). I don't feel right about accepting payment for an application that has not been fully tested. My gut tells me that with the popularity of this forum, VolumeCare will get a good amount of testing done in the next 2 days. So if there are any issues, they should surface within this time period.

Jeff
    Sorry Jeff,
    I wasn't trying to attack him. I actually went through the same thoughts with another app. In the end I realized its not your job to fix things for free, that I think should've been fixed before the release. I was merely trying to explain that.
    There is a 14 day trial period. After that you will need a license key to enable the product. I would like people's honest opinion on the price for this application. My thoughts are $10. That will be much less than the cost for ScheduleCare. I separated this function out of ScheduleCare because I got so many requests to do so but I do not want to loose all of my revenue stream. I am all about assigning reasonable prices for the applications that I produce so that is why I am asking the question rather than just saying "This is the price". The value this applicaiton provides is obviously very high in relation to the cost.

Jeff
    How about $9.99? hehe..Seriously, I think a good price range would be $8-$10. I will pay $10 but I think setting a price around $8 would be a little more affordable to some people for this app.
    -Cal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    How about $9.99? hehe..Seriously, I think a good price range would be $8-$10. I will pay $10 but I think setting a price around $8 would be a little more affordable to some people for this app.
    Very reasonable comment. I'll split the difference. $9.01

Just kindding. $9.00 it is.

Jeff
    Great work! (and fair price :-) )
    Will it work inside a custom Rom?
    Quote Originally Posted by lemongrass
    Great work! (and fair price :-) )
    Will it work inside a custom Rom?
    I don't know. Have not tried it. I am trying to keep my 650 as stock as possible for developement testing.

Jeff
    Jeff,

I'm not sure what you meant by your previous post when you said you are working on a possible solution for increasing call volume. Are you referring to VolumeCare? Or are you referring to some other program that might potentially raise the call volume?

I just now tested VolumeCare to see if I notice any difference in call volume, but I don't. Are you working on another version of VolumeCare to raise the earpiece volume?

Please clarify my confusion. Thanks! Casey
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast