Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have installed and tried 9.40 for the sole purpose of always having my handset at maximum volume. This reature seems to work as advertised on my 650. I have run into 2 difficulties. First, I don't see the power on pop-up unless I have checked both "power On Status Window" amd "Enable Hotkey Profile Switch." Second, ScheduleCare seems to interfere with the clock updating. Your advice would be appreciated. -SAM
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Jeff I'm a big fan of your work, and I like the idea of having all of my volume options saveable, but Scedulecare has way too many functions for my use, I was wondering how hard a volume control only program would be.-MICHAEL
    I second that
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I second that
    Me too! Perhaps a Scedulecare Lite?
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 04/22/2005 at 10:11 PM.
    i fourth that!!!
  5.    #65  
    I fifth that. How bout VolumeCare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Jeff I'm a big fan of your work, and I like the idea of having all of my volume options saveable, but Scedulecare has way too many functions for my use, I was wondering how hard a volume control only program would be.-MICHAEL
    I can very easily make this a standalone program. You will see it very soon.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by SamInBoulder
    I have installed and tried 9.40 for the sole purpose of always having my handset at maximum volume. This reature seems to work as advertised on my 650. I have run into 2 difficulties. First, I don't see the power on pop-up unless I have checked both "power On Status Window" amd "Enable Hotkey Profile Switch."
    Well the powerup window will *not* showup unless you have at least one running profile or calendar command. Was this your configuration?

Second, ScheduleCare seems to interfere with the clock updating. Your advice would be appreciated. -SAM
    I need some more detail here on what you mean by interferes with teh clock updating. I did include the ability for SC to use NTP servers on the internet to keep your system clock up to date. This allows you to uncheck the "Enable Local Network Time" option that is causing so many problems.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by thegasguru
    I fifth that. How bout VolumeCare?
    I like it! But I would only put in listening volume controls. Any more than that and I am starting to redevelop ScheduleCare.

ScheduleCare already has a lite version that only has calendar profile abilities. The addition of UI based profiles is the advanced version. A name change will also probably happen at the time of release. Probably somehting like ProfileCare.

I will be unavailable all day tomorrow so the initial VolumeCare will probably not hit the market until early next week.

Jeff
    Hey Jeff,

I did not get the default profiles (on pages 8 and 9 in the pdf) w/ the ScheduleCareB0.9.42 download. I installed all three prc's and did a soft reset. When I go to Profile Manager there are no default profiles there. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks again...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff
    Hey Jeff,

I did not get the default profiles (on pages 8 and 9 in the pdf) w/ the ScheduleCareB0.9.42 download. I installed all three prc's and did a soft reset. When I go to Profile Manager there are no default profiles there. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks again...
    No you did nothing wrong. The release process is not at the same stage as the documentation. Once the final product is available, there will be some example profiles that will be available with the product. In fact, I will soon be running a contest to people for the most creative profiles and profile layout. My goal is to provide 3 levels of example profiles; beginner, intermediate and advanced. I encourage all to participate as the prize will be your name included in the documentation and a free license key for ScheduleCare (or ProfileCare after the name change). I plan on giving away at least 3 license keys.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Well the powerup window will *not* showup unless you have at least one running profile or calendar command. Was this your configuration?

I need some more detail here on what you mean by interferes with teh clock updating. I did include the ability for SC to use NTP servers on the internet to keep your system clock up to date. This allows you to uncheck the "Enable Local Network Time" option that is causing so many problems.

Jeff
    Jeff,

Thanks for the answer to my first question. Regarding the second question about the time display, before installing ScheduleCare I had never noticed an incorredt time on the diplay - I always had "Enable network time" checked. After starting to use ScheduleCare, but not enabling the internet time update, I noticed that the time on the display was late. When I entered ScheduleCare and exited, the time updated. I eventually enabled the internet time update and since then I have not noticed the time on the display lag the true time.

That being said, I talked to a friend with an identical unlocked GSM phone (same firmware and software). He says that he sees this problem with no third party apps installed whatsoever. My observing it after installing ScheduleCare may be a nasty coincidence.

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by SamInBoulder
    Jeff,

Thanks for the answer to my first question. Regarding the second question about the time display, before installing ScheduleCare I had never noticed an incorredt time on the diplay - I always had "Enable network time" checked. After starting to use ScheduleCare, but not enabling the internet time update, I noticed that the time on the display was late. When I entered ScheduleCare and exited, the time updated. I eventually enabled the internet time update and since then I have not noticed the time on the display lag the true time.

That being said, I talked to a friend with an identical unlocked GSM phone (same firmware and software). He says that he sees this problem with no third party apps installed whatsoever. My observing it after installing ScheduleCare may be a nasty coincidence.

Sam
    Yes I hope this was the case. I have not seen time problems on my CDMA 650. The only problem I found was operator error on my part. I forgot to enter my DST time offset and my clock was an hour off. ;-)

Jeff
    Jeff SC is an awesome product. The more I play with it the more useful it becomes. As soon as I can buy a license consider it S-O-L-D! ! !
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff
    Jeff SC is an awesome product. The more I play with it the more useful it becomes. As soon as I can buy a license consider it S-O-L-D! ! !
    Thanks for the very nice comments! It makes me very happy to hear that I have delivered a solid product.

Here is the original request that started this applicaiotn developement effort:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=Mother+of+All

Its gratifying to see that I have hit the right mark. From the beginning this has been a user driven product. 95% of this product was developed from user requirements before and during the Beta program.

Have fun with it and keep the ideas coming as I have not yet frozen the code for official release. That will not happen for another week!!!

Jeff
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I like it! But I would only put in listening volume controls. Any more than that and I am starting to redevelop ScheduleCare.
    I will be unavailable all day tomorrow so the initial VolumeCare will probably not hit the market until early next week.

Jeff
    Cool! You have another customer here!
    Here is is everyone! Don't let it be said that I do not respond to customer requests.

Please let me know how this works for everyone. If all is well, I will post the application for purchase on PalmGear, Handandgo, MyTreo.net and my soon to be made public website.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
  17.    #77  
    Shoot! VolumeCare isn't working for me, and I'm the guy who suggested the name for this outstanding app!

I have the "enabled" box checked, I have all the other boxes checked, and I have the slide option set all the way to max. I've done a couple of resets just to be sure. Still, whenever I make a call, the volume has reverted back to the middle volume setting, which is too quiet for me.

Also: when I select the "about" option from the pull down menu, it sends my 650 into a reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegasguru
    Shoot! VolumeCare isn't working for me, and I'm the guy who suggested the name for this outstanding app!

I have the "enabled" box checked, I have all the other boxes checked, and I have the slide option set all the way to max. I've done a couple of resets just to be sure. Still, whenever I make a call, the volume has reverted back to the middle volume setting, which is too quiet for me.

Also: when I select the "about" option from the pull down menu, it sends my 650 into a reset.
    I will look into these issues ASAP. I did some testing on my 650 but knew there were going to be issues. That's why I didn't make a big post or list on any sites other than this forum for now.

You will see a new build later today.

Jeff
    Yes, I have to agree with thegasguru. I just installed VolumeCare an hour ago. After doing a soft reset test, the volume settings went back down to its default settings, which is 2 notches lower than maximum. Yes, I did have the app clicked on "enabled".

Personally, I always need the earpiece volume to always be at absolute maximum, and even this is too low for me.

As for clicking on the "about" box, I had no problem with this.
    I think I have found the reason for the problems that have been reported. Can someone try this new build and see if the program does what is is supposed to do?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast