1.    #1  
    Anyone out there know what's up with the FIND feature on the 650? As someone who has six years worth of Palm OS-generated calendar entries in their Treo, i could always count on pressing the ol' trusty Option button, followed by the Shift / Find key to instantly tell me when, for instance - out of the dozens of times i've had lunch with Joe Smith over the years - i had lunch with him in the spring of 2002. Now, when i type in I do a search and type in Joe Smith, the Treo searches for his name and obediently retrieves all umpteen times he appears in my calendar. The only catch is - THERE ARE NO LONGER ANY DATES LISTED BESIDE EACH HIT. Therefore, i'm forced to manually wade thru all umpteen hits in order to see which one actually occurred in the spring of 2002. (If one doesn't work, now i'm forced to re-do the search and, by process of elimination, move on to the next hit.) Which takes forever. I called a PalmOne rep and, after checking to make sure what i said was true, he assured me he'd pass my observation on to somebody, somewhere. . . . So, does anyone know how to correct this (I'm sure it has something to do with the new Palm OS) and have the date appear whenever you do a search? Or is there some third party software out there that will perform more accurate searches, with the dates includes beside each hit? . . . thnx
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblur
    THERE ARE NO LONGER ANY DATES LISTED BESIDE EACH HIT.
    I believe this is a PalmOS problem, not a Treo 650 problem per se. Other non-Treo Palms (such as all my earlier models) also did not display the date. The Treo 600 and below, however, had enhanced software from Handspring that apparently did display the date. There are other Treo 600 features that are no longer available on the 650 for this reason.

I agree the no-date thing is a PITA.

-Jeff DLB
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    It's not the Palm OS, and it's not the 650, really. It's up to the individual app to decide how to reply to the find event. The datebk apps from Pimlico Software DO return the date. Handspring licensed a version of datebk from pimlico. Palm's stupid calendar app doesn't show the date. Yet another reason to buy Datebook 5.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #4  
    YEAH!! Thanks so much. Just installed it and it works like a charm. Many thanks.
    OK - I must be retarded. Where is the "Find" feature? I remember it from my old Palm V, but I haven't seen it on my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    OK - I must be retarded. Where is the "Find" feature? I remember it from my old Palm V, but I haven't seen it on my Treo.
    Option-left shift button. The one with the magnifying glass.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Thanks. I'll bet that was in the manual... but I'm lazy.
    I used to get the dates on my old Kyocera 6035 smartphone, which didn't use DateBk3 (or 4 or 5). However, it did use the old Palm "Date Book". OS 5 replaced it with "Calendar", which added some other features, but lost the date in Find.

Another lost feature was the ability to drag and drop appointments in the Week view.