1.    #1  
    1. How does it work as an mp3 player? Is the volume/quality through the headphones decent? Also can it play wav files?

2. Can someone explain how the resolution compares to the ppc 6601? I know ppc-6601 has a bigger screen, but have heard that the treo is "sharper". What does that mean exactly?

3. How do images appear that are on web pages? Are they scaled down so you can see it on your screen, or do you sometimes have to scroll to view whole image? Or are they thumbnailed?

4. Can the side buttons, the one used for volume, be programmed to scroll up and down when reading e-books or web browsing?

5. I know it is designed for one handed operation, but does it have a touch screen? Or do you have to operate only through the buttons?

6. Finally, what is the consensus on the phone quality? I have read many complaints, is this really widespread or are we only hearing from the problem people?

Thanks for feedback on any questions. Mike
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    1. my sister likes it as an MP3 player - haven't used it for that yet

3. sized for the screen

4. not natively

5. yes on the touchscreen

6. holy cow - you kicked a hornets nest by using the term "problem people". They are just warrantarily returnedly callenged. In other words, a lot (not all) prefer to keep a device they find inferior just to have something to complain about (it's better than beating the kids I guess). There is a poll floating around that shows somewhere between 80% to 90% are either happy or very happy - 'nuff said....

I like mine and would not switch.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks pabo for the quick (and funny)response! And sorry for the offensive "problem people" phrase...I'll try to be more sensitive from now on. Mike
    2. Sharper meaning more pixels (320x320) into a smaller space. If you compare the 650 to the old Palms, or even the 600 which have 160x160 resolution, you'll notice the "jaggies" or pixelated appearance. The 6601 will also be jagged, though not as extreme, running at 320x240. (I have a PPC, and have used them since the old CE 2.11 days, so I'm not saying this as a Palm homer.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    prefer to keep a device they find inferior just to have something to complain about (it's better than beating the kids I guess).
    Wow. Classy! I was beginning to think things were getting back to being civilized. Oh well.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    Wow. Classy! I was beginning to think things were getting back to being civilized. Oh well.
    i guess everyone has lost their sense of humor...

for the record, I don't think people who find the current Treo sub-par are actually tempted to beat their kids - at least not all of them....
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    also for the record, there is no such medical term as "warrantarily returnedly challenged"....
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    also for the record, there is no such medical term as "warrantarily returnedly challenged"....
    Now you tell me!! I've been googling for the past hour.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'll answer some of the questions since some of the answers above are wrong.

1. As an MP3 player it's ok. You really need a 3rd party app like pocket tunes. Sound quality is sub par, but only if your using really good headphones. You also need an adapter to use mini stereo headphones.

2. The 6601 has a larger screen at a lower resolution. As a result it looks much more pixelated. The 650 has a small crisp look screen and the colors look less gradiented.

3. You can set blazer to either scale down images or view them at their native resolution with the scroll bars.

4. I'm not sure. I assume most people just use the D-Pad to scroll.

5. Yes, it has a touch screen.

6. Most of the complaints are with the bluetooth headsets. I have no issues with the sound quality with and without a bluetooth headset. Recent firmwares addressed sound quality issue (I never had any to begin with).
    1. I still carry around my HP 4155 to listen to music and watch videos cuz it's just not there yet... which is sad cuz I though It would be my music machine...