Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What are the best apps to look for if I want an "Agenda view" like the one that comes in the standard calender app, but will launch Datebook5 when I select an appointment, todo, or so on. I'd also really like Versamail to be accessible. Suggestions? I don't want anything huge like Agendus or Buggy like Butler, just the Agenda View. CES at Pimlico (the maker of DB5) suggested there were apps out there to do this, but he also said he was looking to incorporate a similar view in his next revision (later this year)
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    agendus isn't much bigger than datebk5....

zlauncher has a today view
    Not 100% what you mean by "Agenda view" but possibly safe to assume you mean a list of meetings, to-dos, calls for the day and near future, correct? If so, I use 2day (www.shsh.com/products) which you can setup to work with applications like Datebook5, Versamail per your preference. Very powerful, easy, and flexible app. It is probably my most used application. I am not affiliated in anyway. See attached screenshot of my setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BeantownTreo; 04/13/2005 at 07:11 PM.
  4.    #4  
    ...that sounds like what I want. I'll check it out! Any other suggestions from anybody else?
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat

Now THAT looks promising. How's the 5-way support? Might be worth a try. The chick's definitely cute.
    Also, will it launch into Datebook5 if I launch a calender app? Or does it default to the built in Calender? Cute chick or no, that's a big issue for me.
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Now THAT looks promising. How's the 5-way support? Might be worth a try. The chick's definitely cute.
    Also, will it launch into Datebook5 if I launch a calender app? Or does it default to the built in Calender? Cute chick or no, that's a big issue for me.
    TodayPLUS is HUGE!! Holy crap. What is the total size of that app with all downloaded components? Talk about choking out my Treo in one easy step. If you want cute chicks on your Treo, why don't you just add Palma Sutra and call it a day? http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...lm-pc-uo1.html or at http://www.palmasutra.org/eng/
    Last edited by BeantownTreo; 04/14/2005 at 11:33 AM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    TodayPLUS is HUGE!! Holy crap. What is the total size of that app with all downloaded components? Talk about choking out my Treo in one easy step. If you want cute chicks on your Treo, why don't you just add Palma Sutra and call it a day? http://www.palmblvd.com/software/pc/...lm-pc-uo1.html or at http://www.palmasutra.org/eng/
    ...I can hear the accent from here. Anyway, I don't want cute chicks, well, honestly, who DOESN'T want cute chicks, but what I'm looking for right now is a good "Agenda/Today" view to use with my 650, that offers integration with DateBook5 and Versamail. This sounds promising, as I said before. What I need to know about are it's interoperablility with the two programs I listed above, as well as it's 5-way nav support. Anyone who can help me with that, please do. As far as Palmasutra goes, that's all well and good, but I can't imagine where an instruction manual for sex in my Palm would come in handy. I don't even have my 650 near me when I'm getting laid. What if my wife called?
    Thanks.
    It'll be fun.
  9.    #9  
    TodayPlus doesn't want to install. When I tro to open the folder it opens to all the individual components and installing them one at a time doesn't seem...intelligent. Surely there's another way to do this, and I'm just having a brainfart. Somebody help me out.
    It'll be fun.
  10.    #10  
    I don't think TodayPLUS is the app for me. It looked really cool, but I couldn't get it installed. It did load, but not the whole thing, I don't think. It was on my Treo. It also doesn't appear to have ANY 5-way support.
    It'll be fun.
    Doctah Doom (thought you'd like the accent) - imagine the following regarding 2day and your interoperability concerns: with two keystrokes you're at a screen to build a new to-do or meeting. In that 2day screen for a to-do, you can assign a category, priority, date, description and you can lookup and insert phone numbers, contact names and email addresses from your contact db. All of this information is now in your assigned calendar or to-do application. You can launch DateBook to check, edit or delete it as usual. If you wish to edit your new to-do later, simply open that item from 2day and you will be brought to your assigned application to handle the edit via your to-do's and calendar app. If you wish to complete that to-do at some point that haves you sending an email to a client, simply DPAD/5-way down your to-do list in 2day, center-click to open, then DPAD to the email address in the to-do description and center-click. Your assigned email application will launch and away you go. Above description stands true for making phone calls, SMS, etc. Very efficient application even though my above explanation is a bit convoluted (its late and I'm spent from watching the Red Sox beat the Yankees). Download it, try it, assign the apps that 2day will work with (I've assigned Agendus and Snappermail for example), and buy it. Hope you like it as much as many of us fans here on the TC boards.
  12.    #12  
    Well, after the TodayPLUS debacle I had last night you do make a persuasive argument. I'll load it tonight and see how I like it.
    Thanks.
    It'll be fun.
    Did I mention it also serves as a launcher for your choice of up to 5 applications, tells the correct time without clearing the keyguard, accepts useful plugin modules like 4Cast (weather) and 4stocks and probably more to come, accepts custom skins that you can build (developer created a skin-making app for his users), all while having a small relative footprint in your memory.

Shimon - anytime you want to jump in here to add a shameless plug you go for it.
  14.    #14  
    Is there somewhere else to download it? The site links keep telling me the zip file is corrupted, whether I try the new beta or the regular file. Help! This looked good!
    It'll be fun.
  15.    #15  
    I downloaded the regular version, once I got it to work. 5-way support is good, but not as solid as I'd hoped. Should I go back and download the new beta version? It spoke of inproved Chatter interface and SMS, but also of improved 5-way support for the 650. I really like the program (after five minutes), but certain things, like not being able to navigate down to my four presets with it, not being able to click on the SMS, Versamail, etc icons at the top. Maybe I just need to get used to it. We'll see. Thanks again for the suggestion, Beantown. Looks good so far!
    It'll be fun.
  16.    #16  
    1. In the "launcher" mode at the bottom of 2day, why does it say I can assign up to five, but it only allows me to assign four?
    2. Where can I get these "plugin" modules you mentioned, and once "plugged-in" where would they show up inside 2day?
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Shimon - anytime you want to jump in here to add a shameless plug you go for it.
    Jump in ?

Man - youre doing this much better than I would !
    Can I quote you ?

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    DrDoom -
    Thanks for your interest in 2day.

To navigate to the top icons & bottom launcher icons -
    move up to the menu title (move to top), then move left/right.

You should be able to set 5 items - cant you do this in the "Launcher" preferences page ?

Plugins can be downloaded at the www.shsh.com/products page.
    Once installed and run fir the first time, they should appear in 2day's "Plugins" preferences page.

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  19.    #19  
    Thanks! In the launcher set-uo page it SHOWS five possible applications, but when I click on the drop down choice list for #5 the same list as all the others (all the apps on my Treo) show up, but it will not allow me to select any.
    As far as plugins, so they won't show up on the main screen on 2day, but can be accessed from the menu? That's cool, I was just think they'd be available from the main screen. Anyway, don't listen to me! Great program, TAKEphONE! This is gonna make my Treo even better than it already is! Oh, no recommendation on downloading the beta version? Just curious. I know they're not always stable (hence beta testers) but if it adds a lot I'll be glad to risk it!
    It'll be fun.
  20.    #20  
    Well, now that I reported it to "the boss" the fifth application laucher works fine. Go figure. Must have been an I-D-10-T error.
    It'll be fun.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast