Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It seems like this forum is raved with how to put a movie on a treo via mac. And I have a simple easy way to do it. Just one program on mac. Just one program on Treo. Both freeware. Here we go.

Get handbrake and put the setting you have been using. Or you can use what I use.

Encoder; xvid
    output format; Avi/MPEG 4/MP3
    Video Bitrate;100
    Crop 160x120(or close)
    Audio Bitrate; 40

Just put it in for a while and comes out nice. =)

Then srcatch mmplayer. it costs money and isn't good. There is something better.
    http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/

It's wonderful and open source. It takes no effort for me to get a movie working. Like it should be. Enjoy. =)
    "Murphy was an optimist."
    Corecodec sounds like a great find!
    Quote Originally Posted by fleebailey33
    It seems like this forum is raved with how to put a movie on a treo via mac......

Then srcatch mmplayer. it costs money and isn't good. There is something better.
    http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/

It's wonderful and open source. It takes no effort for me to get a movie working. Like it should be. Enjoy. =)

Hello:

fleebailey...Thank you very much for posting this link.

I was using handbrake to encode (which is fine) mp4 files and now my handbrake encoded files are playing so much better than they played on the Kinoma 3EX player.

The application file itself is called UNSTABLE .063 but I'm here to tell you it blows away Kinoma 3EX player and is rock solid on my TREO 650.

The application is " The core codec pocket media player" and it's great.

In fact, some of my previously encoded files were hit and miss with respect to one file in particular playing choppy at times while another identically encoded file played fine on Kinoma.

Now they are all playing perfectly on core codec pocket media player.

Thanks again,

Mike
    Is this application really safe? Has anyone else checked it out?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Mine seems to only play audio files. Where, on my SD card to I place the video files, because I have one on my card (in the kinoma folder on the card), and this app can't access it. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Is this application really safe? Has anyone else checked it out?
    I have tried it as I mentioned before. I know you are looking for others as well and I respect that but I thought I would post additional findings.

In one case, when I wanted to see how small I could make a file (in order to fit on one of my smaller SD cards) this application played video and NOT the audio portion of the program material and when I tried the exact same file on Kinoma 3EX player, Kinoma player played both video and audio.

The application mentioned in this thread is very stable, more so than Kinoma in my limited experience with this application. It's open source and free and I'm not sure what you mean by safe but it is not a virus nor a Trojan horse.

Thanks

Mike
    I got everything to work but the volume is very low. Can that be changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by deadphotomac

RE:

Yes,
    On the screen while your video is played or paused there is a "pref" tab on the right side ...it's the last tab on the right and when you press "pref" you will the following choices and pages from which to choose:

General ,video, audio, and close

when you choose audio ( hitting "pref" as indicated above will sometimes default to the audio preferences) you will be able to control amplitude AKA "volume", "pan" and "preamp".

it gets pretty loud here...

What is GREAT is that you can brighten up a dark movie by choosing pref/video/ and then you have the following parameters to alter:

Zoom, rotate, """"bright"""", contrast, saturation, RGB controls- red, grn, blue and check boxes for dither colors and disable video decoding.

Honestly, this player is great but I have again found the need for another player such as Kinoma to play certain mp4's that are encoded tight with high compression (files prepared as small as possible).

With some files, kinoma played the movie with a choppiness and heaven forbid you tried to skip forward, Kinoma player was not thrilled. Core codec (TCPMP) was more stable overall but did not play audio on one of my highly compressed (poor quality/small file) .mp4 file. When I switched to Kinoma it worked fine.

When I switched a previously encoded file that had no audio in Kinoma, core codec (TCPMP) plated it just fine. So , I got rid of mmplayer and I'm hanging on to both of these players.

Regarding the other post with respect to the kinoma folder, no -

At the minimum your SD card will most likely have a Palm and a DCIM folder. Place your encoded .mp4 (movie) into the DCIM folder.

Note: You will be able to access this file (movie) with both the core codec (TCPMP) player and Kinoma player.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Mike
    I have actually placed all encoded files into all folders, DCIM and Palm, and still no video. Maybe its my encoding. ANYWAY..another question as to how to get my encoded files to be SMALLER. I am either ripping from mactheripper or HandBrake (I prefer the latter). HandBrakes help files are vaque. Perhaps someone could point me or explain step be step. And then I take either the Video_TS from MTR and convert using Kinoma producer, or take the HandBrake file and convert it with producer. BOTH ways give me HUGE (400+ mb) files. I am sure I can get the final down to a smaller size and still not give up on quality on my Treo? Still would also like to know why I am not getting any video using core codec. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANX
    Last edited by gumguy; 04/17/2005 at 06:27 PM.
    Which version of Kinoma and what format are you saving?
    Producer 3 saves small MP4 files that also play in TCMP.
    But if you save as .pdb files they will large and unplayable in other apps.
    Version 3.1.1 of producer using all presets and saving as .mp4 never .pdb. Should I adjust bitrate or some of the other settings? Thankx
    Works fine for my 600. Just set to normal quality. Clips play in Kinoma or TCMP fine. You'll need to go to Palm -> Programs -> Kinoma directory to see them TCMP if Kinoma created the clips for hotsyncing.
    I have no problems playing QUICKTIME encoded mp4 files with TCMP on my 650.
  14.    #14  
    Can this be a sticky? i think it would save so many posts with people asking how to do this.
    Here are the specs I use:

First, I rip the DVD to my HD using OSEX (freeware - macupdate, download.com etc). This strips down any Macrovision/CSS encryption. Then, I use DVDxDV on the VIDEO_TS folder and convert the DVD to a quicktime file. Since I have the HD space, I usually go for something high in terms of codec. Animation is loseless. If space isn't an issue, you can use 10bit uncompressed. I then take this new QT file and encode with the apple MP4 codec, 320x240, 24fps, 64kbps audio, making a very usuable mp4 file that plays wonderfully the tcmp.
  16.    #16  
    mikeymoves but doesnt that seem alot more complicated then simply putting something in handbrake?
  17.    #17  
    Does anyone else think this should be a sticky?
    Yes it should be a sticky because all these apps. have their own "tweeking" options. I just want good to great quality video on my SD card without going through umpteen different apps to get it to play. I want to know specifically where to place it on the SD card and which app to play it. Forcryingoutloud let's just list easy specific steps.

Thanks
  19.    #19  
    gumguy all you do when you encode is it move the movie file to the sd card folder where tcmp is. it's that simple.
    Ok HEY got it to work...finally, but now can't get audio. I will try working with the preferences. Anyone else having audio problems with tcpmp cpdec? There are some bug reports on their website referring to this issue for larger files. Anyone else having problems?
    Last edited by gumguy; 04/20/2005 at 04:49 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast