Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fleebailey33
    mikeymoves but doesnt that seem alot more complicated then simply putting something in handbrake?
    You know, I couldn't tell. I have no idea what handbrake is!! I just did it this way because I knew I could make a great quality mp4, but if handbrake is a more streamlined solution, then I am interested!!
    OK, just downloaded HANDBRAKE. THANKS!!!! This is a MUCH better solution!!!
  3.    #23  
    I havn't had any problems with audio. i know there is a setting to turn it off. you might have done that by mistake.
    "Murphy was an optimist."
  4.    #24  
    does anyone know who to ask for this to be made a sticky? it seems like it needs it and people agree. I just need to know who to ask....
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    When you convert a movie, is it absolutely necessary to use a media reader to transfer the file to your sd card? Or can just a regular sync do it?
  6.    #26  
    You have to use media reader.
    I have Kinoma installed so I can I hotsync fine to card. If a Palm app says it can handle a specific filetype it should allow your files to be hot synced. Note that card reader is faster.
    With TCPMP you only have to encode once from handbrake and drop it onto the SD card. Recent version has been uploaded on their site which addresssed many bugs. Great app. really don't need Kinoma. Audio working better now.
  9.    #29  
    It is better to have sd card reader. worth the little money it costs.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there's a way to change the thin white border to black in TCMP?

I got the program working great, but the white border is driving me nuts!
    Last edited by spiVeyx; 04/25/2005 at 04:48 PM.
    Probably a "bug" suggestion you can make to the dev. dept. They are very amenable to suggestions, Give it a try
    hi, I finally got the movies to play using TCPMP. It all works great. However, I tried calling my Treo while the movie was playing and got a busy signal. Is this correct? Is there a preference I can set to let incoming calls interrupt the movie? thanks.
  13.    #33  
    I havn't heard of that or seen it on forums. try updating to a newer version. that might fix it.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Success! This works great! Thank you! The only gripe I have is how long Handbrake takes to convert the movies - oh well, to steal a line from Ron Pompeil, before I go to bed at night, I'll "set it and forget it"!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    What size memory cards are using to store these movies, and what size are you compressing the files to?
    Quote Originally Posted by acedj1
    What size memory cards are using to store these movies, and what size are you compressing the files to?
    i haven't had too much luck with h.264 files...even with the same settings as mpeg4 via ffmpeg codec, h.264 files will not play on my treo. works fine in QT on my mac, though.

here are the settings i use to get pretty good quality movies:

ffmpeg codec (h.264 will make the file size smaller, but i can't get it to work)
    15 fps
    average bitrate at 250
    stereo at 22050 Hz
    aac at 96kbps
    click picture settings and change size of frame to 320 horizontal
    1-pass encoding. picture is much too small to realize the benefits of 2-pass.

movies look and sound great...files should be around 220-300 MB...you might be able to fit 3 or 4 on a 1GB SD card.

if anyone can get h.264 files to work on their treo (and that has been encoded by handbrake), please post your results.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    For some reason Handbrake doesn't work on my Powerbook (17" 1.67 GHtz with Tiger). Everything seems to run fine, but it reaches the end and just freezes, then I am forced to force quit the app. Are there any other solutions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsman
    For some reason Handbrake doesn't work on my Powerbook (17" 1.67 GHtz with Tiger). Everything seems to run fine, but it reaches the end and just freezes, then I am forced to force quit the app. Are there any other solutions?
    I've also had Handbrake fail at time. Instead, you can use MacTheRipper to get the DVD files, followed by a Dvision 3 conversion to convert those files to divx. Then, use Kinoma Producer to convert the divx file to an efficient and high quality file for the Treo. It can take a few steps to get there, but just let the apps run in the background.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Sounds like a task for automator. Are these programs free or shareware? I already have FastDVD Copy 4, so I could use that instead of MacTheRipper. How about using Quicktime Pro for one of the steps?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I upgraded to Tiger (10.4) and now Handbrake version 6.2 doesn't work. It'll start then just freeze. So I went back to Handbrakes site and upgraded to beta 7.0.4 the latest version and that won't even open. Any ideas? Or anyone else with this issue?
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast