Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I unlocked my Treo 650 from AT&T to use with T-Mobile.

I'm subscribed to $4.99 T-Zones.

I can connect to T-Zones, and web browser is working fine, but my other software like Worldmate Pro & Directory Assistance just can't seem to connect. It can connect through T-zones just fine, but when it comes to connecting to their site, it won't work.

Help please...
    worldmate and DA have no way to recognize the proxy setting from web browser not much u can do with 4.99 plan. enjoy the web
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    does that mean I have to upgrade to t-zones pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO

yes
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    yes
    t-zones pro or T-mobile Internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    Absolutely NOT! Dont let anyone fool you into purchasing Tzones Pro. The only difference between Pro & Unlimited is that Pro allows access to a corporate email account.

I have the Tzones Unlimited plan ($4.99) and just used Directory Assistant last night to find directions to this club outside of San Diego. Ive never had problems connecting. And whoever said that there is not much you can do with a $4.99 plan is greatly mistaken. I have full web access, push email, Directory Assistant perfection, AND am able to surf the web on my laptop via bluetooth DUN on my Treo.

Out of curiousity, are you using the default proxy settings to connect to the web?
    Truth --- when I attempt to use Dir. Assist. thru T-zones I get the error message:

Error in NetLibSocketConnect() call, result code: 4626

then the message:

Could not open socket!

then the message:

Error executing query!
    Possible reasons:
    YP.com had no matches
    communications error
    results format error
    busy server
    server error

any ideas for a solution ??
    I've encountered a similar problem. Other than email, and Blazer, I can't get any other ip-based applications to connect (e.g., Worldmate). Same over DUN -- my email client on my laptop works, but not on my browser. Blazer allows you to set the proxy server address for T-mobile. Is there anyplace else where this can be set, at the Palm OS level? I've searched all the prefs and option menus I can find, to no avail. I'd even be happy to be able to do so just for Worldmate, but again could not find the relevant option. Truth, you did not make any additional adjustments? Did you set the proxy address on your laptop?